PDA

View Full Version : Bills conference on Whitner

X-Era
04-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Whitner is a SS, but will not be slotted in at either S spot yet.

High motor, fast, film rat, great speed.

All 3 of "us" (assuming Levy, Modrak, Jauron) agreed on Whitner, no discussion, they all wanted him.

Really liked him in the box, hits like a ton of bricks, great temperment.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
I got no problem with Whitner, im THRILLED we drafted him for what we're doing with our D.

Im just sick that we didnt trade down and get him.

X-Era
04-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Whitner is a SS, but will not be slotted in at either S spot yet.

High motor, fast, film rat, great speed.

All 3 of "us" (assuming Levy, Modrak, Jauron) agreed on Whitner, no discussion, they all wanted him.

Really liked him in the box, hits like a ton of bricks, great temperment.

A littel more, approach was the biggest thing, hard minded player who studies hard. Has to be able to cover, trend is S need to do more coverage.

Last 6 SB teams had pro-bowl SS's or Harrison should have gone.

On Leinhart- not looking for a QB. Will get better at QB by getting better everywhere else.

The issue was no trade partner where they still could have gotten him.

Didnt get the value at 8 that they wanted for a trade.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I got no problem with Whitner, im THRILLED we drafted him for what we're doing with our D.

I agree they should have traded down, but maybe it just wasn't there. Not much can be done if the offers don't come that fit the situation. Easier said than done is what I'm saying.

Novacane
If they were in fact offered a #2 to switch spots with Denver than the not enough value and Whitner not being there is a bunch of BS

Kerr
There it is. They tried to trade. Just didn't work out.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 03:28 PM
There trade partners would've been anywhere from 10-15. They would have still had him. Levy sucks.

And even if you don't then you still get a good player and there would be plenty of good safeties left with that 2nd round pick you got in return. There are only two safeties of the board so far. Levy dropped the ball.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
There it is. They tried to trade. Just didn't work out.

It could've worked out but that old senile bastard Levy dropped the ball. We could've traded down and still got him. Instead we reach and overpay for a 2nd rated safety.

How often does a safety get drafted in the Top 10? Only way is if they are very highly regarded. Whitner wasn't. Levy messed up and drafts the 2nd safety taken in the Top 10 too when we could've traded down and still got him.

The only team who may have takent would've been the Rams. Had we made the trade with the Broncos the Rams took a DB and may have taken him.

ShadowHawk7
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM

My thoughts exactly.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
A littel more, approach was the biggest thing, hard minded player who studies hard. Has to be able to cover, trend is S need to do more coverage.

Last 6 SB teams had pro-bowl SS's or Harrison should have gone.

On Leinhart- not looking for a QB. Will get better at QB by getting better everywhere else.

The issue was no trade partner where they still could have gotten him.

Didnt get the value at 8 that they wanted for a trade.

I will say that is a ***** lie. Plain and simple. Teams were ringing our phone off of the hook and it will come out soon enough. they could have traded down, got an impact player and still got a Safety in the 2nd or even McCargo.

Getting better everywhere else? With what, Reaches? We should be sitting here with Winston and Bunkley on this team right now.

ZacGriffi~82
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Ice i'm glad you were there to tell us how it happened.