X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Here we go again

We pass on the top rated DT's and reach for a safety instead at #8 and won't trade down out of the spot.

Now we get rid of an extra pick and take a lower rated DT? This is very sad.

So instead we get a lower DT we also reach for and lose a draft pick?

So let me get this straight. We lose out on getting another 2nd round pick and reach for a safety instead that we could've gotten in the trade down or still got a good value on one in the 2nd round.

Had we missed out on him we still get one of the top 2 DT's and have an extra 2nd round pick. Now we trade up and lose one of our 3rd round picks to take a lower rated DT who is also a reach?

We could've had a either...

1- Safety(Whitner)
    2- DT
    2- OL
    3- ?
    3- ?

or

1- Top rated DT
    2- Safety
    2- OL
    3-?
    3-?

Instead

1- S(reach)
    1- DT(reach)
    3?

We turn 5 draft picks into only 3 draft picks and get a lower valued prospect at each position. I can't take this anymore.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Here we go again

We lose out on two draft picks to get lesser rated players that everyone thinks we reached on?

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

I suggest carbon monoxide. You drift until you are gone.

You do not know they had a trade - they may have been talking with other teams but that does not mean they HAD a trade. That is just speculation.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Even if we didn't have a trade we could've drafted the best DT in the draft. Instead we take the 2nd rated safety at #8 of all things(how many safeties are taken in the top 10 let alone the 2nd safety taken)

Then we trade up and give up another draft pick to take like the 6th DL taken in the draft.

Someone please wake me up from this nightmare.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

"During the 2005 season, he played in seven games with 24 tackles, nine tackles for loss and a sack."

Nothing like drafting a guy who was injured half of the season and only had 1 sack while he was playing.

Comment

Working...
          X