PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Brayton - DE, thumbs up or down?

Tatonka
02-09-2003, 02:24 PM
this is a guy i have seen next to the bills name in a few mock drafts.. i am not a big fan of his, as i watched him in a couple of ESPN night games. he reminds me a lot of Denny. same build. plays high. doesnt have tons of strength. does have a nonstop motor, but sometimes the motor can still be going as your getting planted into the ground. he played DT and DE in school. he is not a finished product imho.. you know the saying.. jack of all trades, ace of none.. that is this guy.

thumbs down.

Tyler Brayton-Colorado

(6-6, 270, estimated 4.95 40 time)

2002 Season Stats: 13 games, 62 tackles, 11 total tackles for loss, 7 sacks, 4 passes broken up, 1 fumble recovery, 3 forced fumbles

2001 Season Stats: 12 games, 44 tackles, 6.5 total tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, 1 pass broken up

Positives: Is tall with long arms and can generally keep the opposition away from his body. Smart player who is quick to locate the ball. Goes all-out 100% of the time. Very smart individual on and off the football field.

Negatives: Is cut high and does not always play with his pad level down. Will have difficulty holding the point of attack at times. Is a defensive end/defensive tackle tweener.

Overall analysis: Brayton started his college career at the defensive end spot, and spent the vast majority of his time at that position until he moved to the interior of the defensive line as a senior. Brayton is the type of player that will never take a down off and will give the team everything he has on every play. He is also very smart, uses his long arms to his advantage and is always aware of what’s happening on the field. However, he isn’t the biggest player and will likely need to move back outside to the end position once he reaches the NFL. Once he gets there, he’ll have to learn to keep his pad level down and improve his pass-rush techniques. As a senior Brayton looked like a real keeper, but it’s hard to project how this player will fare once he is a professional. Currently Brayton carries a late day one/early day two grade.

LouGrant
02-09-2003, 02:37 PM
I saw him vs Hawaii early this season- even the announcers were calling him Ryan Denny Jr....

Fatwhite02
02-17-2003, 03:34 PM
I love Tyler Brayton. I enjoyed watching him this year (I attend CU). I have never seen him quit. He does play upright and will get engulfed in larger guards. I see him more as a DE than a tackle. But i love his attitude and his heart

TigerJ
02-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I think Tyler Brayton will have more success in the NFL than Denney has indicated thus far, but he wouldn't be a high draft priotiety for me if I were in TD's shoes. I'm looking for big guys to play in the middle. Brayton will have to play DE in the pros.