PDA

View Full Version : Levys comments on McCargo

X-Era
04-29-2006, 04:37 PM
He was a guy they had targeted.

They felt there was a big drop off after McCargo.

They felt it was risky for McCargo to drop to their 2nd rounder, so they decided it was critical to not take the risk.

They love his quickness and he will play the 3 gap.

Sounds like the got a solid prospect at our biggest need.

You could argue that even OT wasnt as big a need as DT. We had a starter at LT back from last year, Gandy. We lost BOTH starters at DT Adams and Edwards. Tripplett is BETTER than Adams, and McCargo is better than Edwards.

We just upgraded our D-Line and Whitner is likely to be better than Milloy, we have upgraded our defense at this point.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree

Novacane
04-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Well goooooooooolllllllllllly. Marv said it so it must be true :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 04:46 PM

They felt it was risky for McCargo to drop to their 2nd rounder, so they decided it was critical to not take the risk.

You could argue that even OT wasnt as big a need as DT. We had a starter at LT back from last year, Gandy. We lost BOTH starters at DT Adams and Edwards. Tripplett is BETTER than Adams, and McCargo is better than Edwards.

We just upgraded our D-Line and Whitner is likely to be better than Milloy, we have upgraded our defense at this point.

How do you know he will be an upgrade because Marv said so? If he was so special other teams would've been jumping for him too. They know this on the entire 7 games and 1 sack he had last year.

You are boasting these guys as Ronnie Lott and Marcus Stroud already because Marv drafted them. If this was the Dolphins draft you would be laughing.

Tripplet was replaced as a starter on his past team and to say he will be better then the services Adams gave us the last 3 years is foolish. If he was so great the Colts wouldn't have drafted his replacement :homer:

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Yep, we have the best DT in the last 10 years on our hands now.

Nighthawk
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Exactly! These people who buy everything that Marv says are ridiculous! It's obvious that they don't really know a lot about football and are just homers.

Crisis
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
It's almost as rediculous as the people who get butt-hurt because the Bills didn't draft the guy they wanted.

Who knows if McCargo will be good or not, there's no use *****ing about something that's a wait-and-see type of deal.

There's no guarantee Bunkley, Ngata, Huff, or anyone would be good in the NFL.

don137
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Two things that is apparent...They are zeroing in too much on certain people and panicking...

Novacane
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Marv is in over his head. I bet they are :roflmao: in other war rooms everytime he makes a pick

muestafa1
04-29-2006, 04:54 PM
It's almost as rediculous as the people who get butt-hurt because the Bills didn't draft the guy they wanted.

Who knows if McCargo will be good or not, there's no use *****ing about something that's a wait-and-see type of deal.

Exactly... The whole draft is a wait-and-see type deal... I'm a homer because i'm not screaming that the players I wanted were not taken by the Bills... Ridiculous...

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Great post Crisis!! And Novacane their laughing like we laugh here everytime you post LMAO

Kerr
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM

Touche.
This post should be posted on the front page.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry, not a big fan of this pick. McCargo reminds me of Triplett. I am totally in the thinking that he was a product of Williams and Lawson. I don't like the move up either. Both of the draft picks could have been had in different ways that benefited the team.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM

Thank you for saying this! I totally agree.

MarvLevy
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
i am honestly embarrassed by these picks. I am depressed about this whole team! starting with our HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited months 4 this day and it was a disaster!

Bmax
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
This was a good pick.. I have been talking about the guy for a couple months..I love this pick...i wanted him at 42.. but at 26 i'm not upset...Those that think he was a 3rd or 4th rd pick .. don't know what they are talking about..Most scouts had this guy going in rd 2 top or bottom of rd one .. Hmm Mike Mayock loves the guy.. he was talking about him as a guy who has been rising up boards for weeks...

WHAT HAVE WE DONE WITH OUR FIRST TWO PICKS .. WE DRAFTED TWO GUYS WHO WILL CONTRIBUTE RIGHT AWAY...

Whittner will be a starter... as will Mcccargo....We will rotate our guys ON THE DL.....

NOW LET'S SE WHAT WE DO WITH RD 3...

Jon Scott...t is my pick in rd 3...

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Great post Crisis!! And Novacane their laughing like we laugh here everytime you post LMAO

I'm glad you enjoy following a team that sucks and never gets better :homer:

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Like I said they better show progress this year or Im DONE! But im not giving up yet.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Being starters on our team isn't saying much.

Most players that all of a sudden rise up the draft boards the last couple weeks can't compare with the players who produced for years in college with no question to their ability and didn't need to "rise" up the last week or two.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 05:11 PM
This was a good pick.. I have been talking about the guy for a couple months..I love this pick...i wanted him at 42.. but at 26 i'm not upset...Those that think he was a 3rd or 4th rd pick .. don't know what they are talking about..Most scouts had this guy going in rd 2 top or bottom of rd one .. Hmm Mike Mayock loves the guy.. he was talking about him as a guy who has been rising up boards for weeks...

WHAT HAVE WE DONE WITH OUR FIRST TWO PICKS .. WE DRAFTED TWO GUYS WHO WILL CONTRIBUTE RIGHT AWAY...

Whittner will be a starter... as will Mcccargo....We will rotate our guys ON THE DL.....

NOW LET'S SE WHAT WE DO WITH RD 3...

Jon Scott...t is my pick in rd 3...

Yeah, scott or colledge would be good pick in the 3rd.
Hopefully Adenjeyu drops to us in the 4th.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm used to the Bills sucking now so I guess it's really no big deal.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM

Some people must like losing year after year. These are the same people who agree with everything we do though.

It wouldn't have mattered who we drafted. These guys would think they are great players just because Marv drafted them.

Most of these guys probably never heard of or seen these guys play. Marv drafted them so all of a sudden they are great players. Too bad it was obvious the other GM's didn't think as highly as them.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM

Oh and you follow a team you hate? Whose the bigger fool?

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM

Can you have your lips planted any harder on Marvs arse? Gandy is average to below average at the most important position on the OL.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
...Most of these guys probably never heard of or seen these guys play. Marv drafted them so all of a sudden they are great players. Too bad it was obvious the other GM's didn't think as highly as them.

How many GMs passed on Bunkley or Justice or some of the other players that people here wanted us to take? Winston is still on the board, so how many GMs have passed on him--twice?

And, just how many of these guys have you watched play? And, how many hours of tape have you broken down on them? Personally, I watch 6-10 college games a week, so I have seen a lot of these players play--but I haven't spent anywhere near as much time as any scout does watching and breaking down film on these players and will defer to their judgement on them because their jobs depend on their assessments of these players.

That doesn't mean that I don't think that the Bills management and coaches can make mistakes in their decisions, it's just that I'm willing to wait to see how these players play in a Bills' uniform before I pass judgement on them.