X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

I'm a big fan of McCargo

He was an absolute beast at NC State. Was all over the place. Started as a freshman. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been there for us in the 2nd but I liked him alot and they probably thought he wouldn't fall to the 2nd.

Now Whitner I think is a safe pick and we probably should have traded down but again if they think so highly of him or they thought someone would take Witner if they dropped down they wouldn't get him.

I know there's alot of talk around here about not liking the draft but do me a favor. Just wait. We aren't draft experts or anything like that. I'll trust Levy and Modraks opinion over ours or those so called draft experts on tv.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm a big fan of McCargo

I also love the McCargo pick.

As for Whitner, I'm sure they tried to trade down, but it takes two to tango. Obviously there wasn't a deal that we thought was viable. No one will ***** about "reaching" if Whitner turns out to be a beast.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Someone said the Giants wanted McCargo so the bills made the switch with the bears so they could draft him. I'm sure they would have prefered to get him in the 2nd, but he may not have been there at all.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
        I also love the McCargo pick.

As for Whitner, I'm sure they tried to trade down, but it takes two to tango. Obviously there wasn't a deal that we thought was viable. No one will ***** about "reaching" if Whitner turns out to be a beast.
        Levy already said teams were trying to trade with us for the #8 pick but he was afraid to lose Whitner.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Great thread and great 2 posts. Totally Agree!

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

McCargo was a beast? For the entire 7 games and 1 sack he produced last season? The only place he was at last year was the recovery room.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Love the whitner pick the more I read up on him. But I have to say I hate the trading up for McCargo even though I like him also. I would of rather of waited to see if he dropped and if he didnt select someone else.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

So players dont get hurt now BillsFever? Stop talking out your butt.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                  • Feb 2003

If Whitner can smash some people I'll like him...
                  "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

The McCargo pick will look a lot better if the Bills add a Winston/Scott/Colledge/Whitworth in Round 3--which looks very possible now.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I agree Sportsuser.

Loved the McCargo pick, an acedemic all-american again hes another "Levy Guy" both picks were totally Marv Levy kind of guys. Very smart, well spoken athletic leaders. Picked a little high but not bad selections.

If we are able to grab an OLman in the 3rd overall id be happy with the draft.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

Mccargo was a hurt last season...so his numbers were down .. You have to look at film .. when he was playing.. That's what Mayock did .. and that's why he loves the guy...

i'LL TAKE HIS OPINON OVER KIPER ANYDAY..AFTER ALL HE PLAYED IN THE NFL...only nine games but he played....

BMAX...

Comment

• J TES
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          He was an absolute beast at NC State. Was all over the place. Started as a freshman. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been there for us in the 2nd but I liked him alot and they probably thought he wouldn't fall to the 2nd.

Now Whitner I think is a safe pick and we probably should have traded down but again if they think so highly of him or they thought someone would take Witner if they dropped down they wouldn't get him.

I know there's alot of talk around here about not liking the draft but do me a favor. Just wait. We aren't draft experts or anything like that. I'll trust Levy and Modraks opinion over ours or those so called draft experts on tv.
                          I'm not trying to bash Mccargo but to call him a beast? He's a good, far from great prospect and played on a line with Mario Williams and Manny Lawson. You think that might have helped him a little?

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

I really like the pick he will be good, but we took him too early
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I don't mind either of these picks- they are two players that quietly climbed the boards the past month or so.

The only thing I'm suprised about is where we picked them. Then again, we aren't on the phone fielding calls from other teams. Just because John Clayton said the Eagles called for a trade doesn't mean they offered anything.

The only way to judge drafts is to see how they do ON THE FIELD. The whiners will whine about anyone we pick so that's nothing new to get excited or bent over.

Comment

Working...
                              X