PDA

View Full Version : I'm a big fan of McCargo

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
He was an absolute beast at NC State. Was all over the place. Started as a freshman. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been there for us in the 2nd but I liked him alot and they probably thought he wouldn't fall to the 2nd.

Now Whitner I think is a safe pick and we probably should have traded down but again if they think so highly of him or they thought someone would take Witner if they dropped down they wouldn't get him.

I know there's alot of talk around here about not liking the draft but do me a favor. Just wait. We aren't draft experts or anything like that. I'll trust Levy and Modraks opinion over ours or those so called draft experts on tv.

Dicknoze69
04-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I also love the McCargo pick.

As for Whitner, I'm sure they tried to trade down, but it takes two to tango. Obviously there wasn't a deal that we thought was viable. No one will ***** about "reaching" if Whitner turns out to be a beast.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Someone said the Giants wanted McCargo so the bills made the switch with the bears so they could draft him. I'm sure they would have prefered to get him in the 2nd, but he may not have been there at all.

BillsFever21
I also love the McCargo pick.

As for Whitner, I'm sure they tried to trade down, but it takes two to tango. Obviously there wasn't a deal that we thought was viable. No one will ***** about "reaching" if Whitner turns out to be a beast.

Levy already said teams were trying to trade with us for the #8 pick but he was afraid to lose Whitner.

SquishDaFish
Great thread and great 2 posts. Totally Agree!

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
McCargo was a beast? For the entire 7 games and 1 sack he produced last season? The only place he was at last year was the recovery room.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Love the whitner pick the more I read up on him. But I have to say I hate the trading up for McCargo even though I like him also. I would of rather of waited to see if he dropped and if he didnt select someone else.

SquishDaFish
So players dont get hurt now BillsFever? Stop talking out your butt.

Jersey1031
If Whitner can smash some people I'll like him...

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 05:11 PM
The McCargo pick will look a lot better if the Bills add a Winston/Scott/Colledge/Whitworth in Round 3--which looks very possible now.

Devin
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree Sportsuser.

Loved the McCargo pick, an acedemic all-american again hes another "Levy Guy" both picks were totally Marv Levy kind of guys. Very smart, well spoken athletic leaders. Picked a little high but not bad selections.

If we are able to grab an OLman in the 3rd overall id be happy with the draft.

Bmax
04-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Mccargo was a hurt last season...so his numbers were down .. You have to look at film .. when he was playing.. That's what Mayock did .. and that's why he loves the guy...

i'LL TAKE HIS OPINON OVER KIPER ANYDAY..AFTER ALL HE PLAYED IN THE NFL...only nine games but he played....

BMAX...

J TES
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
He was an absolute beast at NC State. Was all over the place. Started as a freshman. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been there for us in the 2nd but I liked him alot and they probably thought he wouldn't fall to the 2nd.

Now Whitner I think is a safe pick and we probably should have traded down but again if they think so highly of him or they thought someone would take Witner if they dropped down they wouldn't get him.

I know there's alot of talk around here about not liking the draft but do me a favor. Just wait. We aren't draft experts or anything like that. I'll trust Levy and Modraks opinion over ours or those so called draft experts on tv.
I'm not trying to bash Mccargo but to call him a beast? He's a good, far from great prospect and played on a line with Mario Williams and Manny Lawson. You think that might have helped him a little?

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I really like the pick he will be good, but we took him too early

Dozerdog
04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't mind either of these picks- they are two players that quietly climbed the boards the past month or so.

The only thing I'm suprised about is where we picked them. Then again, we aren't on the phone fielding calls from other teams. Just because John Clayton said the Eagles called for a trade doesn't mean they offered anything.

The only way to judge drafts is to see how they do ON THE FIELD. The whiners will whine about anyone we pick so that's nothing new to get excited or bent over.

Dozerdog
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
The Giants wanting him makes a ton of sense- they couldn't trade that pick away fast enough after McCargo went off the board.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 06:35 PM
thats true and the more I think about these picks the more I am liking them, but I agree we may have taken each a bit high. That said I am willing to wait and see how things turn out this season, and I hope you all can do the same.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll trust Modraks opinion over ours or those so called draft experts on tv.

Yeah, that's served this team a lot of good for the better part of a decade now!

LtFinFan66
04-29-2006, 06:39 PM
This place is nuts! :rofl: So is FinHeaven. I am switching between the two and it is Chicken Little both places

dplus47
04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
This place is nuts! :rofl: So is FinHeaven. I am switching between the two and it is Chicken Little both places

people on both sites are up in arms about trading down. it's funny how people assume that all you need to pull off a trade is desire to trade. there needs to be a decent offer on the table, otherwise you end up looking like wannstedt and spielman.

Meathead
04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
otherwise you end up looking like wannstedt and spielman.
now that was uncalled for

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
....The only thing I'm suprised about is where we picked them. Then again, we aren't on the phone fielding calls from other teams. Just because John Clayton said the Eagles called for a trade doesn't mean they offered anything.

The only way to judge drafts is to see how they do ON THE FIELD. The whiners will whine about anyone we pick so that's nothing new to get excited or bent over.

The thing about the Eagles is that they are ALWAYS interested in making moves, but they NEVER are willing to give up anything in terms of draft picks to make those moves. Remember their interest in T.Henry and E.Moulds?

It wouldn't surprise me if they were offering the possibility of a deal until they saw what players were still on the board and then lowered their offer when they realized who was still out there.

TigerJ
04-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I guess my attitude is to let the Bills brass hang themselves. I don't need to have a fit trying to do it for them. Emotionally, I'm a little dissappointed because the draft hasn't gone as I expected. However, I am not going to go out and hang Levy and Modrak in effigy. I'll wait and see how Whitner and McCargo work out on the field. Who knows, they could be all pros.

Whitner, at least in terms of size and speed, reminds me of Troy Polamalu. If he plays that way, Buffalo will have a gem.

dplus47
04-29-2006, 06:59 PM
now that was uncalled for

i don't think levy looks like that here, really. i don't think the mccargo thing was forced, and i like whitner (buckeye fan). whitner may have gone a little high, but i don't know what was going on behind the scenes and i don't know who was on the bills' board. the wannspiel thing to do there would have been to trade a 2nd and 3rd rounder to move up to select whitner at 7.

i thought mccargo was about to get picked when the bills got him (not that i'm an expert). i didn't think the price the bills paid to move up was all that high. we'll see. in a few years, i think these will turn out to be good picks for you guys.

Tasker
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM

This is proof that you just dont get the problem with the draft picks.

It has nothing at all to do with the players or what they someday do, If they turn out to be Ronnie Lott and Bruce Smith and 10 time all pros it wont matter. It is still a stupid pick based on their value today.

We could have the exact same two players, SAME TWO GUYS, and have more picks or other compensation.

Overpaying is overpaying, even if you are buying pure gold.

Drafting intellignetly has little to do with the players, its about getting the most for your draft order, which we are the laughing stock.

We got the 2nd or 3rd best "SAFETY" with the #8 pick.
When you can get the SAME GUY with a #15 or #20, then you made a huge mistake, no matter what he does later.

And to say maybe he would have got away is plain stupid, because he isnt exactly jesus christ in a helmet, and nobody else was "dying" to get this guy, no other safeties drafted in the first round.

dplus47
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
jason allen was likely drafted to play safety. and don't forget huff.

whitner is a baller. this could turn into another "levi jones" situation with him. everybody freaked when cincy drafted him so high. they're calm now.

there may be cause for bills' fans to be shaking their heads, but i don't think it's time to panic. you got two solid players, IMO.