PDA

View Full Version : Is Marv a genius or a moron?

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
so far, signs point to moron.

-Gave Josh Reed a big contract for doing nothing
-Gave Ryan Denney a huge contract for doing nothing
-Gave Peerless Price a third chance after he blew his last two chances
-Drafted a guy at 8 that no other team or draft expert had in the top 15
-Traded up to draft a guy in the first round that probably would have been there with our pick in the second round

Either Marv has some uncanny ability to see talent that no one else in the professional football world sees, or he's a complete ****ing moron. Time will tell.

Kenny
04-29-2006, 05:22 PM
MORON...

Unless he grades McCargo over Bunkley... I just dont get this.
We could of gotten Bunkley at 8 (or even traded down a bit and got him), and then traded again to get Whitner later on in the first.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:24 PM
He's not a moron. He's just out of his league. Oh well................Bills fans should be used to sucking by now

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
We shall see. He just started this year guys. Jesus Donasuck is the one who made this team suck for the past few years not Levy. Give him a chance. If we show no progress under him then I agree with you all.

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
he F#@*ed up, the senile is showing now

Meathead
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
trust in The Marv and find peace

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
trust in The Marv and find peace

so far he's given me an ulcer, not inner peace.

jmb1099
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM

-Traded up to draft a guy in the first round that probably would have been there with our pick in the second round

Either Marv has some uncanny ability to see talent that no one else in the professional football world sees, or he's a complete ****ing moron. Time will tell.
When you sign guys to league minimum you automaticaly give them a minimum wage mentality. To say Josh Reed did nothing is not exactly accurate. I would agree with saying he needs to improve, but he did show some , even if minimal, improvement last year and considering the environment he played in, any improvement is note-worthy. Ryan Denney is a bit of a mystery to me, I don't know what they have seen in him yet so I'll give you that. My understanding of the Price singing is that it is very incentive based. Your right to say he did nothing under Vick, but everyone knows that was not an ideal situation. In Dallas he suffered an eye infection that may or may not have contributed to his demise there. By all indications Whitten was a solid pick up and might not have been there by the second round. I have no idea yet if Marv is going about this the right way or not, we will see.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Well you'll all have to wait about three years to find out so you may as well cease your *****ing until then.

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I like the picks but why not trade down and get them they were drafted way to soon

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 06:00 PM
I had zero issues with his FA approach, but reaching for guys that could have been had later and bypassing better talent is inexcusable.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM

Moron
Marv gives Eric Moulds away for a 5th rounder while Green Bay gets a 2nd for Javon Walker coming off a major knee injury

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
8(8) Buffalo Donte Whitner S OHIO STATE
With Lawyer Milloy in Atlanta and Troy Vincent clearly on the downside of his career, Buffalo has qeustions at safety. However, it has far grater needs at offensive tackle and defensive tackle. Taking Whitner is a one of the biggest reaches we have seen.

26(26) Buffalo (from Chicago) John McCargo DT NORTH CAROLINA ST
Some picks are more difficult to explain than others. It's true that defensive tackle is one of the Bills' needs, but taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years.

both according to ESPN

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
so in other words absolut moron

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM

According to some of his homeristic defenders all offseason and today, he has the ability to value talent that the rest of the GM's in the league isn't capable of.

Yep, he is a moron. You guys got your wish. The countdown to a new staff and GM will be very soon.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
8(8) Buffalo Donte Whitner S OHIO STATE
With Lawyer Milloy in Atlanta and Troy Vincent clearly on the downside of his career, Buffalo has qeustions at safety. However, it has far grater needs at offensive tackle and defensive tackle. Taking Whitner is a one of the biggest reaches we have seen.

26(26) Buffalo (from Chicago) John McCargo DT NORTH CAROLINA ST
Some picks are more difficult to explain than others. It's true that defensive tackle is one of the Bills' needs, but taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years.

both according to ESPN

Like OP said. Marv has the ability to spot talent that nobody else can see. He is very blessed.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I had zero issues with his FA approach, but reaching for guys that could have been had later and bypassing better talent is inexcusable.

Argumentative. No facts here.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Taking Whitner is a one of the biggest reaches we have seen.
.............. taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years.

Marv is really looking stupid

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I think our defense just got faster and possibly better, but I can't know that. We'll see. Saying it could have been better is pure speculation at this point. Looks to me like they knew who they wanted and went out and got them.

Bert102176
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I like the picks it's just where we picked them at it was stupid and moronic to reach as far for them as we did we could of trade from 8 to 18 and still have gotten whitner, and I believe McCargo would have been there in the 2nd round for us

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Looks like we drafted for need. Reach? Maybe. If they can play and make an impact, who cares where we selected them? i'm not readt to complain yet. Doing so at this point just makes it unenjoyable. We have our 3rd round pick left.

Meathead
04-29-2006, 06:23 PM
so far he's given me an ulcer, not inner peace.
thats because ur not trusting in him

thats the point, trust he will prove the naysayers wrong again and be another winner. then you dont hafta worry about it

we're not gonna find out for two years on these picks anyway. every year theres gasps and praises for various picks and every year the view changes dramatically as the practices start and the games are played. i too am a little stunned by the picks but you know it is possible they will turn out to be good and correct picks

in both fa-cy and the draft we can either piss and moan every move or trust they have a plan, did their homework, and are building the team in the image they set

sure its sorta unconditional acceptance but its only temporary. i think he'll be successful again but if he blows it we'll know in a couple years. if he fails ill say sorry marv but dont let the door hit your hemmoroids on the way out and hand him a tube of preparation h (took that joke a liittle too far huh)

besides its only football. this isnt a presidential election or something where you dont want unconditional acceptance. its easier just to trust in the marv

ohm

Meathead
04-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Looks like we drafted for need. Reach? Maybe. If they can play and make an impact, who cares where we selected them? i'm not readt to complain yet. Doing so at this point just makes it unenjoyable. We have our 3rd round pick left.
ohm