PDA

View Full Version : The concept of trading down...

Ebenezer
04-29-2006, 05:22 PM
As I heard guys all day and now read from others on the boards that the Bills should have traded down...

Got to remember one thing guys...you have to have a dance partner. Somebody had to have been willing to give the Bills want they wanted in order for the Bills to trade down. I am reserving judgement on the lack of trading down until we hear what the Bills could have gotten. Denver's 3rd to move down all those spots was no enough.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
John Clayton said Denver offered thier second. Guess we'll never know if that is true or not

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I doubt they offered their second rounder.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM
As I heard guys all day and now read from others on the boards that the Bills should have traded down...

Got to remember one thing guys...you have to have a dance partner. Somebody had to have been willing to give the Bills want they wanted in order for the Bills to trade down. I am reserving judgement on the lack of trading down until we hear what the Bills could have gotten. Denver's 3rd to move down all those spots was no enough.

so.... you're suggesting that no one was offering the Bills anything when 2 of the top 3 QB's were still on the board? I have a hard time buying that.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
so.... you're suggesting that no one was offering the Bills anything when 2 of the top 3 QB's were still on the board? I have a hard time buying that.

So are you saying Marv is a liar :rofl:

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I dont. If there was only 1 left I think they would of been offering their drafts to get there. But seeing 2 were there they could wait a few picks to see fi they drop even further. I wish Oakland would of taken one of them then we would of had picks thrown at us like they were nothing.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
So are you saying Marv is a liar :rofl:

no- I'm saying Marv knows how the media works. If he comes out and says some other team made a good offer and he passed to make a reach pick, he's gonna get destroyed by the fans and the media. So he's not going to tell some damn reporter the whole story.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
You're being nice! I'm calling him a liar :rofl:

Ebenezer
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
define anything?? anything could have been a 5th rounder..anything could have been a 1st rounder. don't forget TB paid a 2nd to move up from 22 to 14 to grab K Walker. This move to 8 was worth at least a 2nd.