PDA

View Full Version : Jets the team to beat soon.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Jets are schooling on how to manipulate the draft. Dbrick was a given, but Mangold and now the QB from Oregon AND pick up Washingtons 2nd rounder next year?

And our new Safety better be probowl level by year 2 or he is a bust. You don't take a safety that high unless he is a Roy Williams or Ed Reed.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Jets are schooling on how to manipulate the draft. Dbrick was a given, but Mangold and now the QB from Oregon AND pick up Washingtons 2nd rounder next year?

And our new Safety better be probowl level by year 2 or he is a bust. You don't take a safety that high unless he is a Roy Williams or Ed Reed.

This is why the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets have all been in the playoffs recently and we continue to suck every year and miss the playoffs.

They picked up 2 great OL we could've only dreamed we had, picked up a good QB prospect AND got a 2nd round pick next year. Marv isn't smart enough to pull something like that off.

We could've had Mangold. Instead we reach once again. This time on a DT who has injury concerns. What is even worse is there hasn't been another DT even selected since then.

Marv hasn't worked the draft very good to get the best value out of the draft picks. They went into the first day without a plan. They had a few players dialed in and was afraid of losing them so they reached for them instead of being patient and taking the best value at the time we drafted.

We have a ton of holes. Too many to zero in on certain players or positions and give up draft picks in the process. We have so many holes we could've went many different ways which would've filled holes and got better value and more draft picks out of it.

ICE, you were one who trusted Marv and ranted and raved about him. Said he was gonna build this big foundation in the draft because he was so smart and such a great GM, and fix our OL in the draft when we kept signing all of these other teams garbage this offseason. Now you are unhappy. You trusted Marv and he failed.

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
You trusted Marv and he failed.

that's just plain ridiculous to say at this point.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Like I said I had no issue with his aproach to FA, but his drafting flat sucks. Now most of the OT's worth a SH@! are off of the board again. When gandy is getting our QB's killed this year I wonder what the excuse will be?

BTW...Philly had our perfect draft.

Dicknoze69
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM

These are the exact quotes that drive me to not post here anymore. The draft isn't a quick fix. Why don't you actually give these guys a shot? Maybe the professionals know more than you do.

And you don't have to draft lineman high to build a successful team...there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Remember though that drafts are NOT graded on draft day, but 4-5 years later.

Right now I am down on Marv too, but making a final decision now is silly (i.e. firing him tonight)

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM

What is his record as GM?

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Maybe the professionals know more than you do.

They know more then I do but he doesn't know more then the rest of the league.

You people have been saying that same quote every draft, offseason, every losing season and coaching change for the last 5 years. You guys said that with Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements, Tom Donahoe, and draft picks like Parrish and Everett last year and some of the other garbage.

Now we are hearing it with Marv Levy and Dick Jauron.

Dicknoze69
04-29-2006, 06:17 PM

You people have been saying that same quote every draft, offseason, every losing season and coaching change for the last 5 years. You guys said that with Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements, Tom Donahoe, and draft picks like Parrish and Everett last year and some of the other garbage.

When you say "you people", you're referring to the wrong person. I killed the Roscoe Parrish pick, and Losman. Hated them. Next time when you accuse me of something, actually do your research. I'm far from a homer.

But I'm definitely not going to jump off a bridge because we reached a little. In time, it might be worth it. Use a little objectivity. Who knows.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:18 PM
What is his record as GM?

We heard this when Mularkey was hired too. "What is his record as a coach"

We saw how that turned out. We are gonna continue to suck and it won't be fun.

We'll see how the talent he brings in actually does too. He was left behind with some great young talent like Schobel, Evans, McGahee, Clements, McGee, Spikes, Peters and Fletcher and some other emerging players like Crowell and others with some potential like Preston.

He already has a good foundation to build on. If he can't put the final peices together to a winning team with that then he is truly pathetic. Even if he is successful most of it will be done with talent that was already on the team.

He bombed out this draft. :homer: doesn't wanna believe it but they never do. That's why we hear "I'll leave it to the professionals" "You must know more then them" " I guess you should be the HC or OC"

Then after they fail you will rip them apart and act like you always thought they sucked. Then the next staff will come on and we will hear the same old stuff again.

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Why don't you just say word for word what Mike Maycock of the NFL Network said why don't you Ice?

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
When you say "you people", you're referring to the wrong person. I killed the Roscoe Parrish pick, and Losman. Hated them. Next time when you accuse me of something, actually do your research. I'm far from a homer.

But I'm definitely not going to jump off a bridge because we reached a little. In time, it might be worth it. Use a little objectivity. Who knows.

Did I say just you? I was grouping the crowd of people who every year think we are on the verge and every move we make is the best one.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Why don't you just say word for word what Mike Maycock of the NFL Network said why don't you Ice?

He never has his own thoughts. Every mock draft and different player that came out on the mock was our next draft pick and a perfect fit.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Because I don't know what he said. I was watching ESPN Thanks

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
He never has his own thoughts. Every mock draft and different player that came out on the mock was our next draft pick and a perfect fit.

I always have my own thoughts. Where do you get this stupid crap?

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Well up until yesterday the Jets and Bills were going to battle it out for the basement in the AFCE.

After today, the Bills are choking on the trail of dust the Jets just left us in.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 09:42 PM
lol!

Yeah this draft is an immediate impact.

Most drafted players make little impact year one.

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Because I don't know what he said. I was watching ESPN Thanks

Uh huh.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I always have my own thoughts. Where do you get this stupid crap?

Maybe about the 4 different players you said the Bills were destined to take.

How did that Winston Justice one work out? According to you there wasn't anyway we could pass this guy up. I'm glad you didn't do the drafting. It would've made Marv look like Bill Belichek.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Maybe about the 4 different players you said the Bills were destined to take.

How did that Winston Justice one work out? According to you there wasn't anyway we could pass this guy up. I'm glad you didn't do the drafting. It would've made Marv look like Bill Belichek.

Had I drafted we would be much better off than we are now. That is pretty sad considering how smart Marv and Co are supposed to be.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Uh huh. Yes tard, its true.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
lol!

Yeah this draft is an immediate impact.

Most drafted players make little impact year one.

Yeah, Mangold and Ferguson will rot on the NYJ bench and produce aboslutely squat this year!

THE AFCE IS OURS! WE ARE GOING 16-0!! And Reyes will set the NFL single season record for pancake blocks.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Mangold and Ferguson will rot on the NYJ bench and produce aboslutely squat this year!

THE AFCE IS OURS! WE ARE GOING 16-0!! And Reyes will set the NFL single season record for pancake blocks.

Ummm.......

And you accuse me of taking comments out context? You living in a glass house.

I neved said they will produce absolutley nothing. Nor did I say the Bills were contenders this year.

Bulldog
04-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Marv isn't smart enough to pull something like that off

Listen, the Bills may have reached, but for you to call out Marv's intelligence is just plain stupid. He does have a degree from Havard. I'm thinking that its not in you best interest to call a man with a degree from Harvard stupid. I'm pretty pissed about the selections myself, but Marv is no dummy. I guess we'll see how this whole thing plays out.

Bulldog
04-29-2006, 10:19 PM

If you're so F'in smart, why don't you run the draft? Are you implying that you knew all the moves that Buffalo made were the wrong moves? Vision is always 20/20 after the fact.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Ummm.......

And you accuse me of taking comments out context? You living in a glass house.

I neved said they will produce absolutley nothing. Nor did I say the Bills were contenders this year.

Figured you'd like some of your own medicine :snicker:

Just playin bro, though I'm more about the sarcasm rather than the out-of-context style!

Bulldog
04-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes tard, its true.

Who in the hell died and made you boss? We all know that you're the only idiot on the board. Calling someone a "tard" is not cool.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Figured you'd like some of your own medicine :snicker:

Just playin bro, though I'm more about the sarcasm rather than the out-of-context style!

They need a middle finger smilie............

mr nyjet
04-29-2006, 10:32 PM
this was an interesting thread to read. right now, there are a bunch of posters on 4 jet sites complaining about trade-down bungles in round 2 and reaches in round 3.

the proof in each team's case will be how the players do on the field. or, as marv says, 'if you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them'.

Bulldog
04-29-2006, 10:33 PM
this was an interesting thread to read. right now, there are a bunch of posters on 4 jet sites complaining about trade-down bungles in round 2 and reaches in round 3.

the proof in each team's case will be how the players do on the field. or, as marv says, 'if you listen to the fans, you'll soon be sitting with them'.

I guess we'll see what happens.