PDA

View Full Version : We could've easily fixed our OL

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Had we took the trade down with the Broncos we could've took Davin Joseph. I'd sure rather have him the old injury prone Villaral for the future.

We could've used the trade up we took with Chicago and took C Mangold. With our other 2nd round pick from trading down we could've went safety. This is where the rest of the safeties started going off the board. Instead we draft one slightly higher ranked then them at #8 and lose a 2nd round pick in the process.

Thanks, Marv. We could've seriously fixed our OL and actually gave Losman and McGahee a chance to produce.

We could've had a starting Center and Guard for years to come along with a Safety. In the 3rd round we could've left that open for a number of different things.

When next year comes and we're still complaining about our OL we can look back to this day and dream about what may have been.

Don't be upset though. Marv thinks that reaching for a safety at #8 when the next safety went off the board at #40, and then taking a DT to high and giving up another 3rd round pick when another DT still hasn't been drafted about 20 spots later were the best picks so these must be future HOF'ers.

We are going to the playoffs next year and will compete for a SB in 2007.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Had we took the trade down with the Broncos we could've took Davin Joseph.You got a link confirming that trade deal?
I love how people assume that we've got all these trade deals being offered at the right time. Yes, it was reported that we had an offer from the Eagles to swap spots in the 1st for their 2nd rounder. Thing is..we didn't take it when it was offered. Maybe we were fielding offers for our 1st rounder but none were worth taking. Philly may very well have taken that one offer off the board when they saw how the draft was shaping up. :idunno:

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I like Whitner and I like the fact we went defense and not OL with our first two picks no matter what was on the board.

But I would've taken the trade with Philadelphia and this is why (and of course I could be wrong but I dont think so)

At 14, we still get Whitner unless Det takes him at 9 (possible but I dont think so)

I still make the move-up trade and take McCargo.. SAme deal (31 other gms proved after mccargo there was a HUGE dropoff at DT- 32 picks to the 4th went off the board and that was a HUGE need for us).

Difference is we would have Had Philly's second rounder, and there we could have taken either Marcus McNeil, Eric Winston or Jeremey Trueblood, whichever of the three we liked the most.

So if we took the Philly trade, we likely could have gotten every pick we took anyway, plus a tackle in Philly's spot in round two.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Basically what I"m saying.. is I think Marv made GREAT draft choices, but lousy management of value in the draft, it that makes any sense.

Mr.Reality
04-30-2006, 03:18 PM
The Lions took a RB in the third round when they could have had a good lineman. It kind of irks me too. A RB was a luxury at that point. The Lions line needs huge rebuilding. I can totally relate.

We got three usable guys out of this draft. But. . . by Millen standards, that's pretty good.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Thing is...Philly could've pulled that trade deal off the table...all we've heard was that it was offered...I've yet to see any evidence it remained out there for long.

DraftBoy
04-30-2006, 03:26 PM
The Lions took a RB in the third round when they could have had a good lineman. It kind of irks me too. A RB was a luxury at that point. The Lions line needs huge rebuilding. I can totally relate.

We got three usable guys out of this draft. But. . . by Millen standards, that's pretty good.

I think Calhoun was a need pick for you guys, with Jones being anything but durable, and the two back attack is becoming more and more common place in today's NFL. Plus Calhoun brings lightning in a bottle compared to Jones straight ahead steamroll approach.

G. Host
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Or someone could have moved up and taken him. It is purely a crap shoot.

It appears the Bills did a lot of research beyond draft profiles which most draft :curtsey: clowns do and continued researching rather than dropping out in middle. When they found a player they liked and they could get, they went for him. Many players do not pan out and 'reaching' works if you get a player you want and are sure of rather than two players which draft clowns say you shuld of taken. I'd rather have one great player for system rather than a specrapular draft.