PDA

View Full Version : I hope Whitner proves his worth

LtFinFan66
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Hard to say that with him going to you guys but I try to continue to root for my Buckeyes in the NFL. At least Hawk went to the NFC. Jets took Maingold(dammit) Holmes at least went out of division. Carpenter to the Cowboys sucks too! I hate them too. As long as Whitners off games are against us, good luck to him and you guys for taking him. He is good btw, maybe not #8 good but good:up:

Nighthawk
04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I heard that the Phins really like Whitner...so, at least the Bills stuck it to the Phins. Hey, it's little concilation...I know.

Tasker
04-29-2006, 06:52 PM
CBS Sportsline has honored Buffalo already

WORST PICK

Buffalo Bills: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State. Whitner got away with mediocre run support in college because he played behind two first-round Buckeye linebackers, A.J. Hawk and Bobby Carpenter. The Bills can't afford to have stopping the run be part of Whitner's on-the-job training. And if Bills general manager Marv Levy liked Whitner so much, he probably could have traded down with some team that wanted to move up to draft Leinart and still landed Whitner later in the first round.

dplus47
04-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Hard to say that with him going to you guys but I try to continue to root for my Buckeyes in the NFL. At least Hawk went to the NFC. Jets took Maingold(dammit) Holmes at least went out of division. Carpenter to the Cowboys sucks too! I hate them too. As long as Whitners off games are against us, good luck to him and you guys for taking him. He is good btw, maybe not #8 good but good:up:

i'm with you, Lt! it's tough to root for the buckeyes who become bills, but i have started to get used to it over the years.