PDA

View Full Version : A little OL help?

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
3 best picks gone, no OL help. Giles was still on the board. Two DB's taken.

Fowler and Reyes are a good start but our OL still needs another G, possibly LT and depth.

We could have traded down, still gotten Withner and McCargo, and had extra picks for OL.

:fit:

Marv's a ****ing jackass. I can't believe I let the Reyes signing make me think he was serious about the line.

Jersey1031
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I can't believe I let the Reyes signing make me think he was serious about the line.

He finished the O-line with that signing!!

MarvLevy
04-29-2006, 07:36 PM
i agree..but the reason for them is that they picked up tutan reyes yesterday

DraftBoy
04-29-2006, 07:43 PM
I think Marv is going to sit and wait and take the OL players on Day 2 with all our picks there. Depending on how the 3rd round plays out players like;

Max-Jean Gilles
Kevin Boothe
Jonathan Scott
EJ Whitley
Guy Whimper
Zach Streif
Fred Matua
Jahri Evans
Chris Kuper

All still available as guys I like

DL wise we are looking at;
Montavious Stanley
Rod Wright
Orien Harris
Gabe Watson
Jonathan Lewis
Barry Cofield
McKinley Brown
Manaia Brown
Ray Edwards
Elvis Dumervil
Victor Adeyanju
Eric Henderson
Charles Bennett
Frostee Rucker

Still lots of help available for the two lines and I think all the players I mentioned could be big time contributors...Im re-energized by this Youboty pick.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 08:25 PM
aren't they going to take a guard with their second pick in the 3rd round, oh no they traded that away.

Bmax
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
i agree draft boy still talent left .. i like your list... maybe Guy Whimper with one of our 5th rd picks....

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I would really like Matua in the 4th or Victor Adeyanju.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 08:57 PM
rd 4 - Orien Harris DT
rd 5a- Guy Whimper OT
rd 5b- Kyle Ralph OG
rd 6 - Drouzon Quillen WR
rd 7a- Justin London LB
rd 7b- Jason Hatcher DE Grambling

mysticsoto
04-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Don't panic people...there's still alot of talent out there. From what I notice of McNally, he doesn't seem to like to go mainstream and take linemen just b'cse they are popular. He will look for versatility and people who he feels he can teach. And there are still alot of good prospects out there...

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 09:03 PM
3 best picks gone, no OL help. Giles was still on the board. Two DB's taken.

Fowler and Reyes are a good start but our OL still needs another G, possibly LT and depth.

We could have traded down, still gotten Withner and McCargo, and had extra picks for OL.

:fit:

Marv's a ****ing jackass. I can't believe I let the Reyes signing make me think he was serious about the line.

Marv is a jackass? What are you basing that on?

Man, you are really out of control.

1. What is his record as a GM?
2. The Lions were supposedly set to take Witner at 9. (Local news)
3. McCargo was moving up and likely would have been gone soon too.
4. They don't need anothe guard right now. Villarrial/Preston will be at RG.
5. This is a 2 year re-buildng process, not an overnight success case.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Marv is a jackass? What are you basing that on?

Man, you are really out of control.

1. What is his record as a GM?
2. The Lions were supposedly set to take Witner at 9. (Local news)
3. McCargo was moving up and likely would have been gone soon too.
4. They don't need anothe guard right now. Villarrial/Preston will be at RG.
5. This is a 2 year re-buildng process, not an overnight success case.

Villarial sucks and Preston did not look nearly ready when he played last year. JP, Willis, Evans- they're all worthless without an OL.

I'm sick of this record as a GM ****. The Bills have sucked for too long. Marv has made far too many questionable moves- like I said earlier, one or two I could live with, but almost everything he's done has at least as much downside as it does upside. That's why he's a jackass. And a bad move this year is still a bad move next year, so don't give me that two year ****.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Villarial sucks and Preston did not look nearly ready when he played last year. JP, Willis, Evans- they're all worthless without an OL.

I'm sick of this record as a GM ****. The Bills have sucked for too long. Marv has made far too many questionable moves- like I said earlier, one or two I could live with, but almost everything he's done has at least as much downside as it does upside. That's why he's a jackass. And a bad move this year is still a bad move next year, so don't give me that two year ****.

Why are you sick of it? Because it kicks the **** out of your btiching, whining argument? The fact is NONE of us know how these moves will work out.

And yes, this team has sucked foor to long. How is that Marv's fault? He inherited a bad football team. It will take awhile to rebuild. For years TD went out and got the name players to make people like yourself happy. And how did that work?

And calling Marv a jackass because you don't agree with his moves is childlike.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Why are you sick of it? Because it kicks the **** out of your btiching, whining argument? The fact is NONE of us know how these moves will work out.

but do any of them look good on the surface? Try thinking instead of waiting.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 09:18 PM

And yes, this team has sucked foor to long. How is that Marv's fault? He inherited a bad football team. It will take awhile to rebuild. For years TD went out and got the name players to make people like yourself happy. And how did that work?

And calling Marv a jackass because you don't agree with his moves is childlike.

Let's wait and see how Marv's moves work out- like last year. Let's wait and see if Losman can be a good QB with no experience. Let's wait and see if this OL gels under McNally. Let's wait and see how Edwards and Anderson step up for Pat Williams. Let's wait and see if Josh Reed will live up to his potential.

We all know how that worked out

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2006, 09:20 PM
OK, lets assume Marv forgot everything he ever knew about football and ***** and whine about it all day long. Let's assume that all these players suck.

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 09:28 PM
OK, lets assume Marv forgot everything he ever knew about football and ***** and whine about it all day long. Let's assume that all these players suck.

I will. And come September when the team sucks ass, I'll be expecting it and you'll be disappointed.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Let's wait and see how Marv's moves work out- like last year. Let's wait and see if Losman can be a good QB with no experience. Let's wait and see if this OL gels under McNally. Let's wait and see how Edwards and Anderson step up for Pat Williams. Let's wait and see if Josh Reed will live up to his potential.

We all know how that worked out

:clap:

We keep waiting and keep losing.

SABURZFAN
04-29-2006, 09:33 PM
if we would have drafted mangold,we could have had an Ohio St. trifecta and Op wouldn't have reason to start a thread like this. :snicker:

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 09:47 PM
if we would have drafted mangold,we could have had an Ohio St. trifecta and Op wouldn't have reason to start a thread like this. :snicker:

I'm an ND fan- I hate Ohio State. But I might not be so upset if we had drafted an OL and a DL.