PDA

View Full Version : Jets have had the best draft so far imo

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Just a tremendous job by the new guys over there. Building a wall on the line with the Brick and Mangold. Getting their future QB and some think the best QB in the draft in Clemens and grabbing Schlegel here in the 3rd.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
without a doubt.

every team in the AFCE has improved this season... every team, that is, except the Buffalo Ills.

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
without a doubt.

every team in the AFCE has improved this season... every team, that is, except the Buffalo Ills.

Umm.. every team in the NFL improved today.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
you could sure make that argument those linemen are nasty, I like Houston's draft aside from passing on Bush, I like Arizona's draft, and I like 49er's draft.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Umm.. every team in the NFL improved today.

Yeah, our OL is vastly improved.

Youboty is the best pick we've had so far, and he isn't even ready to start this season.

Bills sign Bowen to a stupid contract then go out and draft Whitner way to high and now will end up overpaying him.

McCargo was the flavor of the week and the Bills gave up way to much to get a guy that showed nothing throughout his entire college career.

So... our OLine is the same, we used the #8 overall pick on a mid to late first rounder, gave up 2 picks to get a guy who's unproven and undersized and not worthy of being taken in the first round, and 1 guy who won't start full-time for another season.

Indy Bills Fan
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
The iggles didn't do to bad in getting Bunkley and Justice. Two guys I would've liked to see in Bills Unis.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I know we improved over matt bowen and coy wire for sure, I think a healthy McCargo is most likely an improvement over a healthy Tim Anderson, and I know Ashton Youboty will be an improvement at corner whether it be nickel or dime assuming Nate is here so yes even the Buffalo Bills did improve today.

Jersey1031
04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Just a tremendous job by the new guys over there. Building a wall on the line with the Brick and Mangold. Getting their future QB and some think the best QB in the draft in Clemens and grabbing Schlegel here in the 3rd.

Kiper said Schlegel was a 5th rounder...

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Schegel a good pick in the 3rd?

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Yup a very good pick in the 3rd. He's a tackling machine. I could care less what Kiper says about any player. I don't pay attention to him.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Kiper said Schlegel was a 5th rounder...

If you are going soley based on what Kiper and the ESPN goons say I feel sorry for you bro.

Jersey1031
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
If you are going soley based on what Kiper and the ESPN goons say I feel sorry for you bro.

Easy man, I'm just saying... I like it if it's bad talk about the Jets...

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Our defense just got younger and faster. We have some talented youth on both sides of the ball now. We just have to hope most of them pan out. It's going to be a rough year because no way are we going to control the line of scrimmage, but we upgraded the o-line ever so slightly and we have 2 pass rushing DT's that are going to help us get some turnovers.
I like the Reyes signing...he was on my wish list at the beginning of free-agency. Why? Because I saw him getting out into the second level on running plays this past year and he can pull. He's way more athletic than Anderson.

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM

The guys on NFLN said the samething.

mysticsoto
04-29-2006, 08:54 PM
The best draft so far goes to the 49ers and Houston by far!!!

We reached way too much for Cargo (what was Marv thinking) - there hadn't even been a DT taken since the 1st rd all the way to the 3rd...we could of, at the very least, just used our 2nd and kept our second 3rd rounder and grabbed:

J. Scott (OT)
Max Jean Gilles (OG)
Gerris Wilkinson (ILB)

or another DT out of the many left to help with the rotation...

Sportsuser101
04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
The best draft so far goes to the 49ers and Houston by far!!!

We reached way too much for Cargo (what was Marv thinking) - there hadn't even been a DT taken since the 1st rd all the way to the 3rd...we could of, at the very least, just used our 2nd and kept our second 3rd rounder and grabbed:

J. Scott (OT)
Max Jean Gilles (OG)
Gerris Wilkinson (ILB)

or another DT out of the many left to help with the rotation...

The Giants were supposely taking McCargo at #32 so I find it hard to believe we could have gotten him with our 2nd round pick.

mysticsoto
04-29-2006, 09:03 PM
And how would Levy know that? I wonder if they were passing around mis-information to throw people off...