LtFinFan66
04-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Thoughts?? He any good?

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 08:11 PM
He's got good size, and from what I have heard hes pretty good

L.A. Playa
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
he is a great possension reciever made alot of great catches with great footwork and showed some great hands but also had some big time drops I think thats a good pick for Miami

AndreReed83
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I like him. No rush to get him too much work with Booker and Chambers. Has some flaws but nothing Saban and Co shouldn't be able to work out. Good pick!

Nighthawk
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Good player, not the speed WR Miami really could use. However, solid pick.

!Papacrunk!
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't have a link, since it's from a magazine, but I like this blurb from Sporting News' Draft magazine:

2 Minute Drill with Derek Hagan:
MY COLLEGE STATS FAIL TO SHOW:
'I can block. Any time a running back can spring it for a long one, it's usually because the receiver is blocking downfield. It's embarrassing for me if the guy covering me makes the tackle on the running back.'
that's a plus that I like to hear from a WR, especially with Brown taking the rushing mantle

Samphin1
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
His hands are better than Kiper and Co. lead on. He had a bad combine which seems to be what the "experts" are using in their analysis. During the games, he catches balls. He doesn't look too fluid to me, but that will come with coaching.

I really like the pick. I think he is going to be a matchup problem for the DB's in the AFC East

L.A. Playa
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
He had some drops against SC and UCLA but what they fail to mention is that they would have been spectacular catches if he made them, he has good hands wasnt picked higher because he isnt a speedster but he can seperate from a db

DraftBoy
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I think its a good pick, but Im really happy you guys didnt take Stovall or Demetrius Williams of Oregon. But thats only bc Im a Bills fan. Hagan is a good pick tho.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
His hands are better than Kiper and Co. lead on. He had a bad combine which seems to be what the "experts" are using in their analysis. During the games, he catches balls. He doesn't look too fluid to me, but that will come with coaching.

I really like the pick. I think he is going to be a matchup problem for the DB's in the AFC East

His hands are suspect. And, he didn't just get that reputation at the Combine. He was terrible during the Senior Bowl week and, as someone else mentioned, had some big drops in the games that I saw as well. He's a guy who can make a spectacular grab one minute and then drop an easy pass on the next play or series. He also has some problems running routes.

I'm not just saying this because he has been drafted by Miami--when someone asked the other day if Hagan was a possible pick for the Bills, I emphatically said "No!" in giving my opinion. The biggest problem that I have with him is that he really didn't get that much better over the course of his college career. To me, that raises a "red-flag" about his ability or willingness to learn how to get better--which is something that even the most talented college WRs have to do to be good in the NFL. I said, then, that I thought--and I still think--that he is a "boom-or-bust" prospect. IMHO he was too much of a risk for the Bills to spend a pick on, but Miami is in a different situation: your team has fewer needs and can afford to see if he can learn to be more consistent under Saban's coaching staff. Not a bad pick for Miami, but one that you have to be cautiously pleased with at this point. Of course, that's just my opinion on this player.

Samphin1
05-04-2006, 07:04 PM
His hands are suspect. And, he didn't just get that reputation at the Combine. He was terrible during the Senior Bowl week and, as someone else mentioned, had some big drops in the games that I saw as well. He's a guy who can make a spectacular grab one minute and then drop an easy pass on the next play or series. He also has some problems running routes.

I'm not just saying this because he has been drafted by Miami--when someone asked the other day if Hagan was a possible pick for the Bills, I emphatically said "No!" in giving my opinion. The biggest problem that I have with him is that he really didn't get that much better over the course of his college career. To me, that raises a "red-flag" about his ability or willingness to learn how to get better--which is something that even the most talented college WRs have to do to be good in the NFL. I said, then, that I thought--and I still think--that he is a "boom-or-bust" prospect. IMHO he was too much of a risk for the Bills to spend a pick on, but Miami is in a different situation: your team has fewer needs and can afford to see if he can learn to be more consistent under Saban's coaching staff. Not a bad pick for Miami, but one that you have to be cautiously pleased with at this point. Of course, that's just my opinion on this player.

He caught 94% of the balls thrown his way. I would say his hands have are no longer suspect. As others said, some of the "drops" would have been incredible catches had he been able to hold on.

I also don't see how people can say he doesn't have any speed to him. He had the fastest, or second fastest 10 yard split at the combine. Personally, I see him being like Channing Crowder was last year, an absolute steal in the third round. I think he may be starting by the end of the year. He is by far, my favorite pick for Miami this year.

feelthepain
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM

He had three strait 1000+ yrd seasons from his Sophmore to Senior seasons and left Arizona St. the all time leading Pac 10 WR in history. How does a WR have that kind of career if he has "suspect hands"?? They would have to go out of their way to trow him the ball to make up for his "suspect hands". Something doesn't add up. I think there is a little bias in your opinion.

L.A. Playa
05-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I think he was a great pick in the 3rd Rd seems to me alot of scouts from the east coast teams dont stay up late enough to see some great Pac 10 players

casdhf
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
He obviously beats his wife/husband ... but that is a given