X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Great Draft so far!

I personally love what the Bills are doing. They have a plan and they are executing it which in my book is better than taking consensus picks based on mock drafts and such. Whitner, McCargo and Youboty are tough, instinctive and fast football players that will have an impact this year, two will most likely start, and Youboty will probably start at Nickel. Plus there are still plenty of good players left for depth on both lines. Well done Marv!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Great Draft so far!

yeah I was really hoping the Bills would make two reach picks and neglect the OL. Well done Marv!
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
      • Aug 2005

I'm with you Mahdi
      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        yeah I was really hoping the Bills would make two reach picks and neglect the OL. Well done Marv!

You gotta laugh though...Come on
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

I think the OSU picks rock!!!!

I dunno much about the NT.
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

you gotta be kidding. We had 2 picks in the top 26 and came out with the second best safety and the 3rd best DT.....yeah great draft

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

but they are the guys we wanted is what I like about it, I would rather have Marv go out and get the guys that they think best fit for us and get them by whatever means they see fit. I am not going to get caught up in the hype over Bunkley or Ngata if hall of fame head coach Marv Levy says that these are the players they wanted so they went out there and found a way to get them. Granted we could have gone about things differently, but we didn't and there is still some good talent left to be had tomorrow so just give it a chance, let these guys show what they can do for two years then judge how our draft was.
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Jersey1031
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                you gotta be kidding. We had 2 picks in the top 26 and came out with the second best safety and the 3rd best DT.....yeah great draft

Is that seriousness, or sarcasm??
                "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  The draft isnt over. There are still plenty of O-linemen left.

Fred Matua
                  Max-Jean Gilles
                  Ryan O'Callaghan
                  Greg Eslinger
                  Kevin Boothe
                  Joe Toledo
                  Rob Sims
                  Mark Setterstrom
                  Will Allen
                  Mike Degory
                  Will Montgomery
                  Jon Scott

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

what? the great draft part? severe sarcasm...this has been a nightmare. We could be sitting with Bunkley, Justice or Mcneil, and Yobouty and wouldnt have had to give up a 3rd for any of them. I just wish this was a dream.

Comment

• Hounds
                      • Mar 2004

the bills like um young I cant see G - Fred Motua getting past their pick

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        I personally love what the Bills are doing. They have a plan and they are executing it which in my book is better than taking consensus picks based on mock drafts and such. Whitner, McCargo and Youboty are tough, instinctive and fast football players that will have an impact this year, two will most likely start, and Youboty will probably start at Nickel. Plus there are still plenty of good players left for depth on both lines. Well done Marv!
                        Not trading down and reaching for a safety who you could have drafted at #15? Another safety didn't go off the board again till #40. Is he that much better then them and up to the same level as Huff? Nobody else in the scouting world has seemed to think so.

McCargo I'm not sure about yet. I don't know where he was on other draft boards. All I know is there wasn't another damn DT taken till the 3rd round and we trade up and get rid of another draft pick for him. He better be that much damn better then the 3rd round DT's that were drafted.

Youboty is the only good value pick we got. This is the only one I'm excited about value wise. He was projected to go higher. Especially considering all the best OL prospects were off the board by now.

It all started downhill reaching like hell with the Whinter pick. We had a chance to trade down but Marv thought we wouldn't get him. He's the only one on earth who thought that. No other team in the Top 15 had plans to take him or a safety after Huff was gone. They had other needs and players in their sights. Whinter could be could but not at #8. He isn't at Huff's level and that's what we drafted and gonna pay him at. Marv's stupidity just made him millions upon millions more.

I'll give him the DT pick in the 2nd round. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But with the other 2nd round pick we should've had if Marv didn't screw up could've gotten us an OL prospect.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Their plan was to not trade down when the opportunity arrived with Leinart on the board and reach for a safety they could've had later and then picked up an extra 2nd round pick or maybe a 3rd? Anything would've been better then nothing.

How do you get this rating for all 3 of these guys. You probably didn't know anything about them or maybe never even heard of them till we drafted them. All of a sudden though they are great players?

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

The draft isnt over. There are still plenty of O-linemen left.

Fred Matua
                            Max-Jean Gilles
                            Ryan O'Callaghan
                            Greg Eslinger
                            Kevin Boothe
                            Joe Toledo
                            Rob Sims
                            Mark Setterstrom
                            Will Allen
                            Mike Degory
                            Will Montgomery
                            Jon Scott
                            Well no sheet sherlock. Of course there are gonna be lineman available. I predict there will be lineman available every year in the draft after the 3rd round is complete. It doesn't mean they are up to par with Mangold, Joseph or McNeil.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

How do you get this rating for all 3 of these guys. You probably didn't know anything about them or maybe never even heard of them till we drafted them. All of a sudden though they are great players?
                              You know they will suck too right?

Comment

Working...
                              X