PDA

View Full Version : Great Draft so far!

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 08:55 PM
I personally love what the Bills are doing. They have a plan and they are executing it which in my book is better than taking consensus picks based on mock drafts and such. Whitner, McCargo and Youboty are tough, instinctive and fast football players that will have an impact this year, two will most likely start, and Youboty will probably start at Nickel. Plus there are still plenty of good players left for depth on both lines. Well done Marv!

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah I was really hoping the Bills would make two reach picks and neglect the OL. Well done Marv!

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm with you Mahdi

Jersey1031
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
yeah I was really hoping the Bills would make two reach picks and neglect the OL. Well done Marv!

You gotta laugh though...Come on

Marvelous
04-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I think the OSU picks rock!!!! :up:

I dunno much about the NT.

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2006, 09:00 PM
you gotta be kidding. We had 2 picks in the top 26 and came out with the second best safety and the 3rd best DT.....yeah great draft

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
but they are the guys we wanted is what I like about it, I would rather have Marv go out and get the guys that they think best fit for us and get them by whatever means they see fit. I am not going to get caught up in the hype over Bunkley or Ngata if hall of fame head coach Marv Levy says that these are the players they wanted so they went out there and found a way to get them. Granted we could have gone about things differently, but we didn't and there is still some good talent left to be had tomorrow so just give it a chance, let these guys show what they can do for two years then judge how our draft was.

Jersey1031
04-29-2006, 09:05 PM
you gotta be kidding. We had 2 picks in the top 26 and came out with the second best safety and the 3rd best DT.....yeah great draft

Is that seriousness, or sarcasm??

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
The draft isnt over. There are still plenty of O-linemen left.

Fred Matua
Max-Jean Gilles
Ryan O'Callaghan
Greg Eslinger
Kevin Boothe
Joe Toledo
Rob Sims
Mark Setterstrom
Will Allen
Mike Degory
Will Montgomery
Jon Scott

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
what? the great draft part? severe sarcasm...this has been a nightmare. We could be sitting with Bunkley, Justice or Mcneil, and Yobouty and wouldnt have had to give up a 3rd for any of them. I just wish this was a dream.

Hounds
04-29-2006, 09:09 PM
the bills like um young I cant see G - Fred Motua getting past their pick

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
I personally love what the Bills are doing. They have a plan and they are executing it which in my book is better than taking consensus picks based on mock drafts and such. Whitner, McCargo and Youboty are tough, instinctive and fast football players that will have an impact this year, two will most likely start, and Youboty will probably start at Nickel. Plus there are still plenty of good players left for depth on both lines. Well done Marv!

Not trading down and reaching for a safety who you could have drafted at #15? Another safety didn't go off the board again till #40. Is he that much better then them and up to the same level as Huff? Nobody else in the scouting world has seemed to think so.

McCargo I'm not sure about yet. I don't know where he was on other draft boards. All I know is there wasn't another damn DT taken till the 3rd round and we trade up and get rid of another draft pick for him. He better be that much damn better then the 3rd round DT's that were drafted.

Youboty is the only good value pick we got. This is the only one I'm excited about value wise. He was projected to go higher. Especially considering all the best OL prospects were off the board by now.

It all started downhill reaching like hell with the Whinter pick. We had a chance to trade down but Marv thought we wouldn't get him. He's the only one on earth who thought that. No other team in the Top 15 had plans to take him or a safety after Huff was gone. They had other needs and players in their sights. Whinter could be could but not at #8. He isn't at Huff's level and that's what we drafted and gonna pay him at. Marv's stupidity just made him millions upon millions more.

I'll give him the DT pick in the 2nd round. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But with the other 2nd round pick we should've had if Marv didn't screw up could've gotten us an OL prospect.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Their plan was to not trade down when the opportunity arrived with Leinart on the board and reach for a safety they could've had later and then picked up an extra 2nd round pick or maybe a 3rd? Anything would've been better then nothing.

How do you get this rating for all 3 of these guys. You probably didn't know anything about them or maybe never even heard of them till we drafted them. All of a sudden though they are great players?

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:20 PM
The draft isnt over. There are still plenty of O-linemen left.

Fred Matua
Max-Jean Gilles
Ryan O'Callaghan
Greg Eslinger
Kevin Boothe
Joe Toledo
Rob Sims
Mark Setterstrom
Will Allen
Mike Degory
Will Montgomery
Jon Scott

Well no sheet sherlock. Of course there are gonna be lineman available. I predict there will be lineman available every year in the draft after the 3rd round is complete. It doesn't mean they are up to par with Mangold, Joseph or McNeil.

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
How do you get this rating for all 3 of these guys. You probably didn't know anything about them or maybe never even heard of them till we drafted them. All of a sudden though they are great players?

You know they will suck too right?

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Its impossible to know who will take the player you want and when. If the Bills were high on Whitner then taking him is the right thing. They also said that they tried to trade down but the offers werent good enough and too far down to risk losing the player they wanted. You draft players to fit your team. Whitner is a perfect fit and so is McCargo. The reason we had to trade back into the first for McCargo rather than wait is because after Bunkley he was the best DT of his kind available. By that I mean a 3-technique penetrator. Gabe Watson, Orien Harris and Rod Wright dont fit that mould. So again you get the best players possible to fit your system.

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Their plan was to not trade down when the opportunity arrived with Leinart on the board and reach for a safety they could've had later and then picked up an extra 2nd round pick or maybe a 3rd? Anything would've been better then nothing.

Actually, to be honest I was hoping the Bills would take McCargo in the second round and I mentionned that somewhere on this board previously. Whitner I liked a lot before the draft but like anyone else besides Mayock I didnt think he was our first round target. As for Youboty before the draft many mocks had us taking him in the second round which I liked as well.

tonyc37
04-29-2006, 09:27 PM
You people that think Marv is our savior are kidding yourself.This is what happens when your GM has no experience at the positon.Levy got played by somebody.I would bet my house that McCargo would have been there at 42 since he wasn't that highly regarded by most scouts.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
I personally love what the Bills are doing. They have a plan and they are executing it

What exactly is their plan?

I keep hearing this nonstop, yet nobody has been able to explain to me exactly what the plan is?

Right now, the only plan I can see that they have is to piss off the season ticket fanbase.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM

All reaches, all but Youboty could have been had lower. Bad draft. The only people liking this draft are Homers, Patriots, Jets and Miami fans

Mahdi
04-29-2006, 09:41 PM
What exactly is their plan?

I keep hearing this nonstop, yet nobody has been able to explain to me exactly what the plan is?

Right now, the only plan I can see that they have is to piss off the season ticket fanbase.
Their plan is to have a fast defense with players that attack. Whitner and McCargo fit that. The reason they like Whitner so much is his tackling ability along with his speed and coverage abilities, which is perfect for Cover 2. McCargo is a strong and quick DT that penetrates well, another Cover 2 player. Its that simple, get the players that fit your system best, not the highest rated players that may or may not fit.