• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Winners and losers by John Clayton

Losers

3. Buffalo Bills: The Bills were in a great spot at No. 8. They had at least two teams -- Denver and Minnesota -- calling up offering draft choices to move up. Those teams were looking for quarterbacks. The Bills could have worked a deal with the Eagles, who were considering a move to No. 8 to take a defensive tackle. Taking a safety, Donte Whitner, at No. 8 instead of accepting one of those deals just wasn't a good value. Sure, maybe they weren't getting offers that matched the trade value chart, but wouldn't it have been better to move down and get anything extra. They would still have been able to get Whitner. The Bills feared losing Whitner to the Lions, who didn't get Michael Huff at No. 9. That wasn't going to happen because the Lions were taking linebacker Ernie Sims if they didn't get Huff, who went to the Raiders. The Bills went a little too conservative.

All you people can say it til your blue if the face that these players fill needs, but we could have filled those needs with the same player, got more picks in the process. Mavr is WAY over his head here!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Winners and losers by John Clayton

I think this is the first and only time in my entire life I'm forced to agree with Marvin the Martian Clayton.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Hopefully we can save our draft with Gilles, Watson, and or Anderson.
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

I forgot you guys know what teams behind the Bills are doing.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kgun12
          Losers

3. Buffalo Bills: The Bills were in a great spot at No. 8. They had at least two teams -- Denver and Minnesota -- calling up offering draft choices to move up. Those teams were looking for quarterbacks. The Bills could have worked a deal with the Eagles, who were considering a move to No. 8 to take a defensive tackle. Taking a safety, Donte Whitner, at No. 8 instead of accepting one of those deals just wasn't a good value. Sure, maybe they weren't getting offers that matched the trade value chart, but wouldn't it have been better to move down and get anything extra. They would still have been able to get Whitner. The Bills feared losing Whitner to the Lions, who didn't get Michael Huff at No. 9. That wasn't going to happen because the Lions were taking linebacker Ernie Sims if they didn't get Huff, who went to the Raiders. The Bills went a little too conservative.

All you people can say it til your blue if the face that these players fill needs, but we could have filled those needs with the same player, got more picks in the process. Mavr is WAY over his head here!
          And this is why Marv isn't qualified to be the GM. He panicked and thought the Lions were gonna take him.

The sad thing is Matt Millen was even smarter then Marv and knew better then to draft Whitner that high just because you missed out on your main guy, Huff.

Marv should've known better and at worst took the chance for the extra picks. He only had to get by Detroit and the odds of that were low. The Lions don't have jack for LB's. If it came down between taking the 2nd best safety or 2nd best LB, they are gonna take a LB and can get the safety in the 2nd round which they did.

The difference in talent level between the LB they were gonna get in the 2nd round and the safety wasn't even close. Marv wasn't smart enough to realize this. For this reason he cost us a very good player in the 2nd round.

You guys thought Donahoe was bad? He is way more qualified then this senile old clown.

I can gurantee if this was a Donahoe draft these same people sticking up for the senile bastard would be furious and ripping Donahoe apart. Because it's their beloved Marv Levy he gets a free ride.

Yeah, I'm sure their plan right from the start was to draft Whitner at #8. Only Huff was worth that pick as a safety. The Lions knew this and didn't have any intentions of taking him over a glaring need at LB.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
            I forgot you guys know what teams behind the Bills are doing.
            It was pretty obvious were all the teams between 9-14 were going. Besides if someone else took Whitner or McCargo ahead of us how big of a lose would it really have been?
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              And this is why Marv isn't qualified to be the GM. He panicked and thought the Lions were gonna take him.

The sad thing is Matt Millen was even smarter then Marv and knew better then to draft Whitner that high just because you missed out on your main guy, Huff.

Marv should've known better and at worst took the chance for the extra picks. He only had to get by Detroit and the odds of that were low. The Lions don't have jack for LB's. If it came down between taking the 2nd best safety or 2nd best LB, they are gonna take a LB and can get the safety in the 2nd round which they did.

The difference in talent level between the LB they were gonna get in the 2nd round and the safety wasn't even close. Marv wasn't smart enough to realize this. For this reason he cost us a very good player in the 2nd round.

You guys thought Donahoe was bad? He is way more qualified then this senile old clown.

I can gurantee if this was a Donahoe draft these same people sticking up for the senile bastard would be furious and ripping Donahoe apart. Because it's their beloved Marv Levy he gets a free ride.

Yeah, I'm sure their plan right from the start was to draft Whitner at #8. Only Huff was worth that pick as a safety. The Lions knew this and didn't have any intentions of taking him over a glaring need at LB.
              How was Millen smarter then the Bills? It's not like he passed on Whitner. He never had a chance to draft him. Another thing is that according to a couple reports on the news the Lions were set to take Whitner even ahead of Huff if he were still there.

It's amazing the immaturity that has gone on on this board today. Do you guys not know better then to kill a teams draft before the draft is even complete? Let them play at least 1 down on the field to kill the draft.

The Jets got killed the year they took Shaun Ellis and John Abraham and both ending up being pro bowlers. The Colts got killed for taking Freeney etc etc etc etc. I can go on and on but I won't.

Its absolutely pathetic that in the larger picture I am associated with some of you overracting, immature Bills fans. But I guess every team has it's share of idiotic fans. It's just a shame that alot of them happen to reside on this board.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
                It was pretty obvious were all the teams between 9-14 were going. Besides if someone else took Whitner or McCargo ahead of us how big of a lose would it really have been?
                If the Bills organization liked them so much then it's a big deal. I mean why kind of question is that? If the Bills traded down and lost both Ngata and Bunkley who alot of you guys were targetting for the Bills then you guys would be screaming. I'm done with you guys for the day. I can only handle so much complaining in 1 day.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

How was Millen smarter then the Bills? It's not like he passed on Whitner. He never had a chance to draft him. Another thing is that according to a couple reports on the news the Lions were set to take Whitner even ahead of Huff if he were still there.

It's amazing the immaturity that has gone on on this board today. Do you guys not know better then to kill a teams draft before the draft is even complete? Let them play at least 1 down on the field to kill the draft.

The Jets got killed the year they took Shaun Ellis and John Abraham and both ending up being pro bowlers. The Colts got killed for taking Freeney etc etc etc etc. I can go on and on but I won't.

Its absolutely pathetic that in the larger picture I am associated with some of you overracting, immature Bills fans. But I guess every team has it's share of idiotic fans. It's just a shame that alot of them happen to reside on this board.
                  Hey tard, you can get your lips off of marv now. He Fked up this draft period. He failed on this first day and everyone knows it but the asskissers.

You can go on and on? please don't, we have enough stupidity homeristic posts as is

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

It's absolutely pathetic that in the larger picture I am associated with some of you blind, homeristic Bills fans. But I guess every team has it's share of homeristic fans. It's just a shame that alot of them happen to reside on this board.

If you don't like it nobody is making you stay.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Well I can see after not posting for a month that the name calling still exists here! I just wish we could all except FA and the draft with blind faith like you! If this is what you consider maturity I will stay immature, because so far since the Dick and Marv show started it's been a joke and I can see that sh** is sh**!
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21

i wasn't a Donna Ho fan but i agree.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                          i wasn't a Donna Ho fan but i agree.
                          Boy howdy!
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                            • May 2003

What's funny is that everyone of you will be watching the games next year anyway so why don't you just give it a rest. My God. It is going to be one long offseason.

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                              What's funny is that everyone of you will be watching the games next year anyway so why don't you just give it a rest. My God. It is going to be one long offseason.
                              This is true, we all like the team, but we don't have to like what the team is doing! Part of being a fan is the hope in the future and right now I don't like what there diong to make it brighter! Doesn't mean I like the team any less!
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X