PDA

View Full Version : We just fell further behind in our own division.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 09:48 PM
And fans don't even seem to care or aren't smart enough to see it. I listened to Draftboy, Pat moran, etc. Listened to every expert, watched the combine etc.

Every pick was a reach. If I or anyone else suggest we take Whitner at #8 I would have been fried. If I or anyone else suggested we trade back into the first round to take McCargo...it would have been worse.

But because old marv did it, fans are kissing his arse saying its good picks. I had no issue with the fact we went the NE route in FA. But NE ALWAYS had great drafts. Not good, GREAT! We flat sucked today. We were the laughing stock of the NFL for both on the field performance, and our laughing stock of an offseason in the front office. From MM being kept then quitting, to the hiring of 80 year old Marv to Ralph whining in the press about the CBA.

Now, the front office butchers the first day of the draft. Brilliant. I wasn't too high on Huff with #8 but even I admitted he could help this team. Now DB and I went back and forth but I had to admit the kid will be an immediate impact. I didn't feel a Roy Williams, but damn close to an Ed Reed. There is NOTHING in Whitners history that says he will be that type of an impact Safety and you NEVER draft a safety that high unless he is a R Williams or E Reed...NEVER. But marv sure did. Wait until you see the contract this lower rated Safety gets. For as high as we picked him and the money he will be getting....he better be an all pro year in and year out like those other two...but he won't. Because the REAL All pro possible rookie went a pick before us.

We didn't do anything at all today to bridge the gap between us and the other teams in the AFCE. If anything we might have taken a further step back. We had teams willing to trade and marv said it wasn't enough. Bull SH@! We had Bunkley sitting right there and could have had another Safety in round 2 or McCargo in round 2 and a safety or CB in round 3. Instead we reach while the Jets got MUCH better, NE got back some offense they lost and added a RB we have to deal with for the next 8 years or so etc.

I have tried very hard to be positive and give marv the benifit of the doubt, but it hinged on today and he, modrak, and DJ blew it.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry to say... but we told you so!

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 10:40 PM
It is certainly hard to be positive when nearly every so called draft analyst in the entire country is ripping us, isn't it? I just hope that people here can cool down (just a little) or otherwise I may just have to take a leave of absence. I don't think I can stand much more of this doom and gloom stuff.

Bmax
04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Mccargo was not going to be their in rd 2 .. The bills weren't the only team to reach.. Plenty of teams reached if you just go by kipers board or other so called experts...I trust Gil brant who worked in the nfl .. who had mccargo as his thrid ranked dt.. right where we had him ranked.. He thinks the kid will be a pro bowler...With Whitner i trust my eyes .. i have seen many ohio st games.. the kid can hit and cover..How about you just eat crow when whittner is named to the nfl all rookie team ahead of huff after this season..

Bmax..

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I never once said anyone was wrong...there are many others who are the same in that regard...we don't pretend we know everything about drafting. Some of the posters, especially you and patmoran act just like Clayton. It's fun to discuss and speculate, but to constantly try to prove yourself right in this case is plain silly. I can only look at players who I like, try to watch them play for a while, read the scouting reports and imagine who could be the right guy. I'm wrong a lot, but sometimes I get lucky. For us, it's a game of chance, but for teams who watch hours of film on dozens of players, it's a little more deliberate and a little less luck. Stop pretending as if you are in your own "war room." We have 3 young, fast defensive players with tons of upside and we are acting like it's the end of the world.
So, swami ice, how is it that you know this:
For as high as we picked him and the money he will be getting....he better be an all pro year in and year out like those other two...but he won't. Because the REAL All pro possible rookie went a pick before us.

Bill Brasky
04-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I never once said anyone was wrong...there are many others who are the same in that regard...we don't pretend we know everything about drafting. Some of the posters, especially you and patmoran act just like Clayton. It's fun to discuss and speculate, but to constantly try to prove yourself right in this case is plain silly. I can only look at players who I like, try to watch them play for a while, read the scouting reports and imagine who could be the right guy. I'm wrong a lot, but sometimes I get lucky. For us, it's a game of chance, but for teams who watch hours of film on dozens of players, it's a little more deliberate and a little less luck. Stop pretending as if you are in your own "war room." We have 3 young, fast defensive players with tons of upside and we are acting like it's the end of the world.
So, swami ice, how is it that you know this:

The only argument I would make here is that they essentially gave up 4 draft picks on day one to get 3 guys with upside.

Sitting with 2 first round picks, I would hope they would have gotten at least 1 proven commodity, instead of 3 guys with "upside"

HAMMER
04-30-2006, 01:46 AM
The only argument I would make here is that they essentially gave up 4 draft picks on day one to get 3 guys with upside.

Sitting with 2 first round picks, I would hope they would have gotten at least 1 proven commodity, instead of 3 guys with "upside"

I am OK with the picks they made. I do believe they could have gotten all of their players and had 5 picks in Rds.1-3 vs. just 3. That is what gets me.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Man ICE I agree with you alot. I have been an ICE BACKER but now im sorry man I cant agree. Granted I know we are not competing this year with these guys. But we are going in right direction. Next season is our turning point. We will get back to that level its going to take marv and co 2 YEARS to rebuild not just this year. Donahoe screwed this team up. LIVE WITH IT!

Turf
04-30-2006, 07:23 AM
The only thing I mainly disagree with is that you say we Bills fans sit around and don't care.
I care, but what the hell am I supposed to do, storm the stadium?
Most everyone that cares is either quiet because they're dissapointed and a bit depressed by the whole thing, or for the sake of their own sanity trying to put a positive spin on it even though everyone knows deep down inside they hated what happened yesterday.