PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Does anybody feel that passing him to take a S who had no business being a top 10 pick was a gigantic mistake? Surely many of you who go with the 'best player available' logic have to be mulling this potential disaster.

I have a feeling after JP is sent packing after next season (various reasons) this will be viewed as a big mistake.

He has speedy WR's in Fitz and Boldin to throw to, Edge in the backfield.

Very similar situation here (sans the OL) with Evans and Price/Parrish/Reed/Davis/Flavor of the week, with Willis in the backfield.

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 09:54 PM
We need a guy with a strong arm wether it is Losman or someone else.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Well considering we still don't have an OL, most likely Losman will fail and he will be the scapegoat and then we will need a QB.

Not now, but maybe a few years from now. I'm not sold on Leinart though.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Well considering we still don't have an OL, most likely Losman will fail and he will be the scapegoat and then we will need a QB.

This is the logic I was using.

JP has been esentially hung out to dry here in Buffalo. They've given the guy absolutely no help to be successful other than bringing in a career NFLE backup for friendly competition.

If Leinart was here, he'd be well past his development and into some productive years by the time the OL is patched up (if ever).

We aren't discussing it today, but I feel this might be a move that haunts this team for years knowing they had a franchise QB for the taking.

SoCalBillsFan
04-29-2006, 10:07 PM
I think it would have been smart to take leinart and trade him. Teams like Arizona or Denver would have been willing to give up a later first to get him. WE could have been agressive about it. Since they knew we wouldnt take him, there was no incentive to offer us a good trade to get to number 8

SABURZFAN
04-29-2006, 10:07 PM
if we would have drafted leinart,we probably would have had another e.manning on our hands.better yet,we probably would have had another j.kelly and he would have bolted to the CFL. :snicker:

OpIv37
04-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I think I would actually be more angry if we had taken Leinart (unless it was to trade him).

Our QB situation is a cluster**** and adding Leinart would have made it worse.

That being said, one of the reasons I'm so mad about this draft is because the fact that Leinart being available made the #8 worth more than Donte Whitner.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
04-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Fairchild wants to throw the ball downfield. Leinart does not fit that. Face it we are sticking with JP and his athleticism. The Bills need to give JP a chance for at least 1 more season. He did show signs that he can make the throws downfield. You cant be a bust after starting only 8 games.

Cutler would have been a horrible msitake. Next season Brady Quinn if Losman is a bust.

mybills
04-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Lienart is a little dump off QB. Why would we want him? Cutler is much better.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 07:09 AM
If we had drafted any QB in the first round, we'd be the laughingstock of the league for giving up on JP after not even giving him a chance

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Drafting him would def of sent JP packing after this season because his confidance level would of went way down seeing us not have it in him. I dont even think Matt is going to be that good. I think Vince is the better QB. And JP will be a good QB for years to come.

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Leinart will probably play well and everyone will say wow bigh mistake for not taking him and blah, blah, blah. Sab mentioned in in jest, but I am willing to bet Leinart would not have played for us. He is too hollywood and there is nothing Hollywood about Buffalo (for which I am glad). He would have whined and cried and eventually ended up somewhere else. No way glamor boy would have wanted to play here, and because of his lack of arm strength, no way could he have played here.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 08:40 AM
If we had drafted any QB in the first round, we'd be the laughingstock of the league for giving up on JP after not even giving him a chance
Phil.. We really are the laughinstock of the league right now after today, whether its right or wrong. .the only way to shut up the critics, and their are plenty. Is to win on the field.

That being said, I love our draft so far (more on that to come in another thread)

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Giving up on a QB without giving him a chance to prove himself..would make us a laughingstock and it would be justified. Only a moron thinks every QB is going to do like Big Ben and perform in his first year...especially considering JP didn't get the help last year that Big Ben got his rookie season.

BAM
04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I am happy that we didn't take Leinart. He strikes me as the R. Leaf type.