X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

My response to the Whiners

Im calling out Op, and JFree. We're cool, but you really have to shut up already. Ok you hate the draft, but doesn't make you smarter then 90% of Bills fans. Listen Im going to tell you why i like the draft, but don't call me a homer, because im not protecting Marv, Honestly i think this draft is all Modrak, but lets look at the scheme. Tampa two, Quick D-line, athletic safties, and Linebackers that we can run. Take a look at this roster yesterday, no way in hell we were equipt for this system. Now I love the Whitner Pick, Kids a Jr. He's a film freak, he can hit, and he can cover. This guy can move into the slot, and cover a reciever, or any tightend. He is perfect for this system. Now should they have traded down? Id say no. Detriot wanted Huff bad, all week reports surfaced about teams wanting to trade up and Detriot wouldn't entertain offers because Huff was their man. Now if safety was a need, so how high was Whitner on their board. Marv didn't want to chance it, and i can't say i blame him. Now McCargo needs to bulk up a little, but i really like the pick. This Defense is all about line stunts, and pass rush. This guy is the D-lineman you want for it, Bunkley would be better, but he has character flaws. This guy next to triplett, and Schobel will be able to supply one hell of a pass rush. Was he worth 26 probally not, but he was a player they targeted that would be great for the system. All these players drafted today were Juniors, and they are still not completely developed, but their upside is better then most of the seniors. This youth is what this teams needs. Don't get to caught up in numbers, Youboty on most drafts was late 1st rounder, Whitner was a mid first rounder for most drafts, McCargo was a 2-3rd rounder in most drafts. So pretend we traded up to draft Youboty, and drafted McCargo in the 3rd, would that make you feel better? Freeney was considered a reach, when he was drafted a few years back. These players fit the scheme, my only concern is the o-line, hopefully they take care of that tommarrow.

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: My response to the Whiners

From what I am reading and hearing 90% of the Bills fans think this draft sucked so far. So OP is in that 90% and the rest of you in the 10%.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Put it this way

Whitner is better than Wire, and Bowen
      Ill take McCargo over Anderson
      Youbooty over Eric King

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
        From what I am reading and hearing 90% of the Bills fans think this draft sucked so far. So OP is in that 90% and the rest of you in the 10%.
        Whats your opinion Ice, You can see these players in this system cant you?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          Im calling out Op, and JFree. We're cool, but you really have to shut up already. Ok you hate the draft, but doesn't make you smarter then 90% of Bills fans. Listen Im going to tell you why i like the draft, but don't call me a homer, because im not protecting Marv, Honestly i think this draft is all Modrak, but lets look at the scheme. Tampa two, Quick D-line, athletic safties, and Linebackers that we can run. Take a look at this roster yesterday, no way in hell we were equipt for this system. Now I love the Whitner Pick, Kids a Jr. He's a film freak, he can hit, and he can cover. This guy can move into the slot, and cover a reciever, or any tightend. He is perfect for this system. Now should they have traded down? Id say no. Detriot wanted Huff bad, all week reports surfaced about teams wanting to trade up and Detriot wouldn't entertain offers because Huff was their man. Now if safety was a need, so how high was Whitner on their board. Marv didn't want to chance it, and i can't say i blame him. Now McCargo needs to bulk up a little, but i really like the pick. This Defense is all about line stunts, and pass rush. This guy is the D-lineman you want for it, Bunkley would be better, but he has character flaws. This guy next to triplett, and Schobel will be able to supply one hell of a pass rush. Was he worth 26 probally not, but he was a player they targeted that would be great for the system. All these players drafted today were Juniors, and they are still not completely developed, but their upside is better then most of the seniors. This youth is what this teams needs. Don't get to caught up in numbers, Youboty on most drafts was late 1st rounder, Whitner was a mid first rounder for most drafts, McCargo was a 2-3rd rounder in most drafts. So pretend we traded up to draft Youboty, and drafted McCargo in the 3rd, would that make you feel better? Freeney was considered a reach, when he was drafted a few years back. These players fit the scheme, my only concern is the o-line, hopefully they take care of that tommarrow.
          I agree.

Both are smart guys and I like reading their stuff, but consider the possibility that these players fit the new scheme.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• dannyek71
            Drink Responsibly
            • Dec 2004

90% of bills fans/analysts think this draft was horrible
            [

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Well, we didn't trade up to draft Youboty and then take McCargo in the 3rd. That would've been even worse. Trade up and take a guy we got in the 3rd round. That sounds real swell.

Although the way Marv drafted it's a wonder he didn't. He drafted all the other guys much higher then they were worth.

Whitner and McCargo are the happiest people on earth. They made millions more due to Marv's panicking and lack of draft poise.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

It's a good thing that fans and analysts don't play on Sundays.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Detroit wasn't gonna take Whitner. LB was just as much of a need as safety was. Huff was just a better prospect then Simms so they were gonna take him instead. We Huff was taken they had a backup plan unlike Marv.

Detroit realized the value difference between the safety and the linebacker they could draft in the 2nd was lopsided. Tons of LB's went before their 2nd round pick but no other safety did.

So instead of taking the 2nd best safety and then getting the 10th best LB they drafted the 2nd best LB and waited to the 3rd round and got the 3rd safety selected. That is called smart drafting unlike what Marv showed out there today.

Most GM's would've been able to diagnos the potential players going off the board and the other needs of the Lions and realized they would be better served getting the 2nd LB off the board and then getting the 3rd safety off the board in the 2nd round, instead of taking the 2nd safety and then being stuck with sloppy seconds at LB in round 2.

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                    It's a good thing that fans and analysts don't play on Sundays.
                    Amen

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Put it this way

Whitner is better than Wire, and Bowen
                      Ill take McCargo over Anderson
                      Youbooty over Eric King
                      If Whinter was the guy they wanted why waste the FA money on Bowen in the first place. Hell next you'll be telling me that they drafted a TE with the 104th pick cause he is better the Royals WTF!

BTW Bunkley would have been better than Anderson Also. Let's see who has a better career McCargo or Bunkley!
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kgun12
                        If Whinter was the guy they wanted why waste the FA money on Bowen in the first place. Hell next you'll be telling me that they drafted a TE with the 104th pick cause he is better the Royals WTF!

BTW Bunkley would have been better than Anderson Also. Let's see who has a better career McCargo or Bunkley!
                        We like signing backups for 2.5 million a year.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kgun12

Bowen will be a special teamer, I don't think Wire's on this team past Camp. I think Bunkley, and Justice is turd, but if anyone could get something out of him it would be andy Reid. I think Philly's draft looks good now, but it will be laughtable in a few years. For the record im not high on royal, So they could draft a tight end for all i care. Anything else you want to ***** about?

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

So we are paying 2 million a year for special team players now? Go Marv.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Nobody is claiming to know more than anybody here but I think it's a little ridiculous for some of these posters to come on here and speak like they're Mel Kiper when they're well known for being a Grade A Jackass.

Nobody is denying the fact that the 3 draft picks fill needs, but there is a good majority of us who do not agree with where they were chosen, how poorly managed the draft was thanks to the FO, and how the OL was neglected -- AGAIN -- even after Marv said it was a top priority when he was hired.

Stop distorting the facts and calling us *****ers for being pissed over the fact that this team is going to flat out suck while the rest of the division improved - AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                              X