PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I'm mad as I was

evol4276
04-29-2006, 10:01 PM
I was expecting Bunkley and Justice in the first round picks w/ Buffalo like many others. When I heard that Buffalo had traded picks w/ Chicago, I went inside a Hess to get a soda, and when I came out, my friend was sitting in his car with his mouth dropped wide open when they picked McCargo (he is a Dolphin fan and they generally shouldn't mind if we pick a not-so-known player in the first), and I sat in the car shaking my head. Due to my limited knowledge in the draftable players this year, I had no idea who he was (and hardly who Whitner was), so my general response was being pissed. Now after watching clips and thinking about the picks, I'm not so disappointed in the end of the first day. No, we didn't go with the concensus and draft the highest player on the national board valuewise, but we did pick ones big on our list. I admit I still feel we could have gotten Bunkley and still gotten Whiner with the Chicago pick, but that's not the way it happened and I'm fine with it. I really like Whitner after reading and watching clips about him, so there is no problem there. I still have no idea what to think about McCargo, so I'm leaving that be. We also got Youboty in the late day, which I am ecstatic about. All-in-all it is easy as hell to be disappointed by today, but I'm seeing this as a team filling the holes with the highest players on their board, simply said.