X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I am fine with the draft

We added solid player at 3 different positions of need. All 3 are solid guys and talented. How is this a bad thing? I will say I was mad and shocked at first with the Whitner pick but after thinking it through I am ok with it.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I am fine with the draft

And 2 will likely start this year and the 3rd very possibly next year.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Any players we drafted there would've been considered solid players and would be starting this year. What is your point?

I see Marv panicking and losing out on extra draft picks when he could've still had Whinter when our turn came back up.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        Any players we drafted there would've been considered solid players and would be starting this year. What is your point?

I see Marv panicking and losing out on extra draft picks when he could've still had Whinter when our turn came back up.
        You could be right, you could be wrong. None of us will know for sure. What if Whitner was selected next pick by detroit?(who needed a safety) Point is we added 3 solid players how could this "put us a year behind" as Ice so elegantly put it.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

I'm fine with it too. The draft is a crapshoot anyhow so to suggest that this couldn't turn out perfectly well and good is playing Ms. Cleo.

Comment

• evol4276
            • Oct 2005

apparently 2 of the 3 ran 4.38-4.40 in the 40 as well, so we have some speed too. whitner looks promising

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

The 3rd round pick was a steal IMO!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

At eighth overall, I want more than "solid" ... I want perennial Pro Bowler.

And it's no achievement to start on this team. At eighth overall, your credentials better be more than beating out Matt Bowen. At the end of the first round, starting over Tim Anderson is a given.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Never said that Whitner can't be a perennial Pro Bowler

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                    At eighth overall, I want more than "solid" ... I want perennial Pro Bowler.

And it's no achievement to start on this team. At eighth overall, your credentials better be more than beating out Matt Bowen. At the end of the first round, starting over Tim Anderson is a given.
                    No way to guarantee a perennial Pro Bowler at ANY spot... You may get one at 8th overall, or 48th overall... There's just no telling...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I have read a lot on Whitner in the last couple hours and like what I have read!

Comment

• yle
                        Beerophile
                        • Apr 2003

In a conference with Polamalu, Doss, and Ed Reed, it will be an uphill battle for any safety to be a perennial pro bowler. If this guy makes half as many plays as those guys Marv will look like a genius.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                          No way to guarantee a perennial Pro Bowler at ANY spot... You may get one at 8th overall, or 48th overall... There's just no telling...
                          But if 48th overall doesn't achieve that high, no big loss .... If No. 8 falls short of that, it's a bust.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            But if 48th overall doesn't achieve that high, no big loss .... If No. 8 falls short of that, it's a bust.
                            I think whitner would have been picked by #48

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

One thing I know for SURE is that we are not going to fnd out whether any of these guys is going to be a perrenial Pro Bowler in the the next 24 hours! So anyone who says that he definitely knows that this was a bad or a good draft at this point is talking through his hat.

Let's at least see how these guys play in the Bills' new system before we start drawing any definitive conclusions about whether these were the right players taken at the right time or not.

In the meantime, let's understand that whether we like what the Bills have done or not, it's just our opinion based on what we think and not what we know for certain. In my opinion, the Bills have made some good selections so far--others obviously disagree--but that is just an opinion, nothing more.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X