PDA

View Full Version : For those complaining about whiners

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Listen, I love the Bills as much as everyone thats on this site. Ive tried to keep a positive look on everything we've done and not get worked up. I agree that maybe Marv shouldnt be tared and feathered yet. Yes we have to see what these guys can do on the field before making judgement. The thing I really dont understand that is bugging the hell out of me is this. We had a shot the consensus #1 DT in the draft as well as the #2 offensive lineman. Somehow, we came out with the 3rd best DT, the second best safety, and down a 3rd round pick. The gripe isnt against players we chose as if they're no good, we just did everything ass backwards and screwed up a draft that had potential to be really good for us. This is just my opinion, but I really think we screwed ourselves in a crucial draft.

camelcowboy
04-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Listen, I love the Bills as much as everyone thats on this site. Ive tried to keep a positive look on everything we've done and not get worked up. I agree that maybe Marv shouldnt be tared and feathered yet. Yes we have to see what these guys can do on the field before making judgement. The thing I really dont understand that is bugging the hell out of me is this. We had a shot the consensus #1 DT in the draft as well as the #2 offensive lineman. Somehow, we came out with the 3rd best DT, the second best safety, and down a 3rd round pick. The gripe isnt against players we chose as if they're no good, we just did everything ass backwards and screwed up a draft that had potential to be really good for us. This is just my opinion, but I really think we screwed ourselves in a crucial draft.

Our consensus isn't the bills consensus, every team has different scheme, a lazy runstuffer maybe great for Baltimore, but it won't work in our system. A older safety who can hit, but can't cover maybe great for the falcons, but not for our scheme. Dwight Freeney wasn't the Number 1 consensus DE when he was drafted, but he is the best in class. Roy Williams was drafted before Ed Reed, both have been good, but the one picked later was the MVP. Its a crap shoot.

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I agree, however when you take a safety at 8, he better amazing. We could have traded out, and still got him. Then we could have traded back in like we did with whatever picks we received for trading out and got a DT. Then maybe we could have held on to our 2nd round pick and got Justice or any other good Olinemen that would have fixed our LT for years. Im no GM, but damn I feel this was run horribly.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 11:18 PM

I couldn't have put it any better.

Don't be quick to blame Marv though guys... this draft has the same markings as the previous ones which leads me to believe that Modrak might be a big reason for this organizational mess at OBD.

Indy Bills Fan
04-29-2006, 11:25 PM
This one does conjure memories of all of TD's drafts. A surprise #1. and then ignore the OL.

I hope these guys can play, we paid alot to get them.....Now that conjures memories of JB(rip). Jay Remeirsma contract comes to mind....RJ...

Wow, I didn't realize how much we missed Polian.

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2006, 12:03 AM
I tend to agree. I look at everything in a progression and I kept getting crap in the progression. It's not that I didn't like SOME of the decisions, it's that I didn't like almost ALL of the decisions.

Decision 1) Hiring Marv Levy at GM. Now I have liked Levy and he is somewhat of a legend in Buffalo, but I don't remember any good football coaches that went on to become very good GMs.

Decision 2) Marv was going to keep Mike Mularkey at heach coach. It is only through sheer luck that MM quit and we got the opportunity to hire a new head coach.

Decision 3) Seemed like there were some decent options for head coach: Haslett, Fassel, Sherman among the most well known. I remember someone asking in what order we would prefer the coaching candidates. I remember putting a palup from my colon just ABOVE Dick Jaron.

Decision (s) 4) Free Agency comes and we could be players with a release of a large amount of salary. Who do we get? Craig Nall? Donald Royal? Our big signing was Larry Tripplet who was third in a rotation of DTs. Our help on the Oline comes from a behemouth who was out of football last year. AND we sign two guys to offer sheets that seemed to be easily matched by their original clubs. I'm not sure, but did any other team sign a guy to an offer sheet and NOT get them other than the Bills?

Decision 5) Eric Moulds. We allow Eric's people to go out and look for a trade with another club for at least a 4th round pick. There seems to be clubs interested and it is narrowed down to Houstion. When the two agree to a deal, Houstion offers nothing more than a 5th. So much for at least a fourth.

Decision 6) We will really be able to help our team out in this draft. It has two stud defensive tackles that can really fit the bill. The offensive line could use some help too and we have four first day picks that can fill some needs. We get a safety, a defensive tackle and a cornerback. No offensive line help, all three are players who leave school early and the first two are considered reaches. The second player is not only considered a reach, maybe a considerable one, but we gave up two decent picks to move up to get him. Why did they feel it necessary it move up to pick a guy like this? I am completely baffled by this draft.

I have grave concerns about the leadership of this team right now.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 07:21 AM
You saw the Bills board in the war room?? They had Bunkley or Ngata #1 really?? Where do they have Vick since youve seen it?? STOP going by the idiot so called EXPERTS draft boards. All that matter is if our front office gets the #1 guys on their boards and not Kipers! Good job Marv KEEP IT UP!

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2006, 07:26 AM
no offense, but this place has gotten a bit depressing, and I'm a Dolphins fan--c'mon guys, keep a positive attitude and wait and see how your picks will work in your system. <Gurgh, it really sucks to try to be positive for a rival team, lol>

tom z
04-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Guys: Regarding the Bills 'board', there's a report in the Cleveland papers, in an article on Whitner, that the Bills told Whitner on Friday that if Ferguson was gone, Whitner was their man. The trade down scenario probably depended on Huff's availability--Detroit was rumored to be going safety.

For what it's worth, it is absolutely clear from all being said here in Cleveland that the Bills got a hell of an athlete and a great kid.