PDA

View Full Version : How is this?

Devin
04-29-2006, 10:44 PM
1. Donte Whitner, SS
Picked high, but if he works out who cares. Great coverage guy, hard-hitting ball hawk, and most of all a high-character lockeroom leader. Fills a need.

1. John McCargo, DT
Academic all-american, the other 2 were off the board the Giants after their trade down were likely to pick him and at 6'1 302 pounds hes a great 3 technique DT. Not only fills a need, but again is one of those types of players we dont have to worry about on or off the field. Watson and Wroten were never an option so realistically he was the highest DT we could have taken. And all we gave up was our 2nd 3rd rounder. DT was priority to OT at this point in the draft.

3. Ashton Youboty, CB
Absolute steal here, and with a few extra pounds and a year behind Nate this kid teamed with his teammate Whitner has potential to be a #1 CB. Not only that but his chemistry with Whitner and McGee on the other side gives us a nice young secondary for years to come.

4. Johnathan Scott, OT OR Max Jean-Gilles, OG
While I am hesitant to take anyone from Texas much less a lineman this kid hasnt missed a game in 3 seasons at 6'6 322 he is a monster at OT. And could start in a season or two.

Jean-Gilles
This kid was a mauler, I dont pretend to know why he slipped but I could see him coming in for Vilarrial next year. At the senior bowl he handled everyone, id love to see him here.

5. Elvis Dumervil, DE
Great edge rusher, could become a solid situational pass rusher in a DE rotation for us.

In my mind if we got either of those guys in the 4th and grabbed another solid DT/DE in the 5th this draft has been what I had hoped it would be.

camelcowboy
04-29-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree i think the picks will be good, I really do need to see something done with the o-line, heres hoping.

Iehoshua
04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
No you must slit your wrists and shoot blood all over a photo of Marv to prove your dissatisfaction, else you are a total homer.
:smashfrea

:jk:

I concur, Lord Devin!

Bling
04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Devin, you're holding onto a little bit of hope. As I had said earlier, Marv is not a GM. He's too old to actually to be able to handle the draft. He and Ralph probably switched off so Marv can get to sleep at 8PM, and Ralph would take over. They probably don't know that Giles is still available. Sorry, dude. It's just time to live through another failed regime.

Iehoshua
04-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Devin, you're holding onto a little bit of hope. As I had said earlier, Marv is not a GM. He's too old to actually to be able to handle the draft. He and Ralph probably switched off so Marv can get to sleep at 8PM, and Ralph would take over. They probably don't know that Giles is still available. Sorry, dude. It's just time to live through another failed regime.
...and a 15 year old kid is totally qualified to pass judgement on a man who has more football experience in his left nostril than the kid could hope to aquire in his life.
:rolleyes:

Gimme a break, junior. Go play another round of Madden 06 and have fun using Ricky while you still can... You're too young to be taken seriously.

Bling
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM
...and a 15 year old kid is totally qualified to pass judgement on a man who has more football experience in his left nostril than the kid could hope to aquire in his life.
:rolleyes:

Gimme a break, junior. Go play another round of Madden 06 and have fun using Ricky while you still can... You're too young to be taken seriously.

No problem... I'll get the last laugh... Better be around towards the end of the season to eat some major crow...

Iehoshua
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
No problem... I'll get the last laugh... Better be around towards the end of the season to eat some major crow...
I'm not going anywhere. Not even claiming it is going to turn out well, but to act like you are some sort of authority and the guys in charge know nothing more than you do is naive and childish. Then again it's expected since you are a naive child. ;)

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Nice effort to cheer folks up but in reality your attempt (while appreciated on my end) is an absolute waste of time. Nothing is going to convince the naysayers that this is the beginning of the worst draft in Buffalo's history.

As for my personal opinion, I do not know enough about the players we drafted and how they fit the system here in Buffalo to make a judgement call on whether or not they were good picks for this team. I can only hope that Levy & co. got it right and I'll cheer for the team next year. What else can you do?

Bling
04-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm not going anywhere. Not even claiming it is going to turn out well, but to act like you are some sort of authority and the guys in charge know nothing more than you do is naive and childish. Then again it's expected since you are a naive child. ;)

Child? You're the one that's attacking me... your age may be higher, but maturity is in my favor. If you don't like my stuff, you're welcome to report me.

Iehoshua
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Child? You're the one that's attacking me... your age may be higher, but maturity is in my favor. If you don't like my stuff, you're welcome to report me.
All I did was point out your ignorance in claiming Marv to be too old and incompetent to handle drafting, when you yourself has yet to even finish school. Your "stuff" is nothing more than wasted space. Not even worth reporting, sorry... :peace:

lordofgun
04-29-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't need cheering up. I'm happy with the draft so far.

hammerbillsfan
04-29-2006, 11:13 PM

Powering down the BZ, meltdown is coming.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2006, 11:14 PM
:hi5:

Bill Brasky
I'd love to have Gilles here, but the problem I have with the guy is the fact that this team really needs an OT more than an OG, at least at this point.

But taking Gilles would be better than nothing at all.

Iehoshua
:hi5:
That 10% figure may need to be adjusted...

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 11:21 PM
No you must slit your wrists and shoot blood all over a photo of Marv to prove your dissatisfaction, else you are a total homer.
:smashfrea

:jk:

I concur, Lord Devin!

:roflmao: Too true, unfortunately....

Devin, good points about who is still out there. There are a couple of other really interesting offensive and defensive linemen out there that I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills take if they miss out on the guys you mentioned (I'm not naming names because every time I posted the name of someone I hoped the Bills might draft, someone else took him :sad:).

I was surprised by who the Bills drafted today, but can see why the did what they did, so I'm not unhappy at all. I just hope that all of these guys become really good players for the Bills in their system.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd love to have Gilles here, but the problem I have with the guy is the fact that this team really needs an OT more than an OG, at least at this point.

But taking Gilles would be better than nothing at all.

There are still two LT prospects on the board that some people think quite highly of who might address that need. One dropped from being projected to go in the late first round-early second round after a bad Combine workout, the other is a bit of a project because he played against lesser competition in college. There is another real "sleeper" from a school that is not in Div I-AA that is also still on the board who projects as a OT/OG, as well.