PDA

View Full Version : Lets face facts here

berndog5
04-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi I am relatively new here, I do not post alot but I enjoy reading everything on this website. I live in Canada and usually make it too a couple of BIlls games per year.

Now to my point.....

How can ANYONE including the so-called experts (who do not have a job with any pro team, who think Tom Donahoe is a genius...yeah nice record the last few years) make a conclusion on the draft when it is only the beginning of May? I remember the years of Mike Williams and Mount Bryan McKinney the two can't miss tackles as labelled by all fans and so-called experts! Can you say bust and average?

The great debate of who is better Leaf or Manning? Alot of them said Leaf, hmmmmmm, maybe this is why all of the experts are where Mr. Donahoe is......in the PRESS box!!

It goes on and on. All that I am really trying to say is how many picks have the Patriots made over the last 5 years that made you say, WOW they got the highest rated player at the position!

Look at the Patsies picks today and compare them to the Bills. There was nothing flashy, just solid character guys who understand the game and are committed to helping their respective teams improve.

Good night now!

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 02:05 AM
great post and welcome to the Zone.

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi I am relatively new here, I do not post alot but I enjoy reading everything on this website. I live in Canada and usually make it too a couple of BIlls games per year.

Now to my point.....

How can ANYONE including the so-called experts (who do not have a job with any pro team, who think Tom Donahoe is a genius...yeah nice record the last few years) make a conclusion on the draft when it is only the beginning of May? I remember the years of Mike Williams and Mount Bryan McKinney the two can't miss tackles as labelled by all fans and so-called experts! Can you say bust and average?

The great debate of who is better Leaf or Manning? Alot of them said Leaf, hmmmmmm, maybe this is why all of the experts are where Mr. Donahoe is......in the PRESS box!!

It goes on and on. All that I am really trying to say is how many picks have the Patriots made over the last 5 years that made you say, WOW they got the highest rated player at the position!

Look at the Patsies picks today and compare them to the Bills. There was nothing flashy, just solid character guys who understand the game and are committed to helping their respective teams improve.

Good night now!

Roger that!!!

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Great post :bf1: :10:

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Now to my point.....

Good night now!

um, the Patriots also didn't make reach picks, which means they weren't overypaying for guys. First, Marv didn't address the OL in FA because he didn't want to overpay, but now all of a sudden he has no problem overpaying draft picks who are completely unproven? It's mind-blowing.

Then, there is the second issue with overpaying: salary cap. One of the things the Pats did right during their run was they had no real "superstars" sucking cap space, so they were able to get above average players at almost any position. If you start with reach draft picks, this just ain't gonna happen.

Finally, there is the issue of mismanagement. Maybe these were the two guys that Marv wanted all along. Fine- I can live with that- they fill positions of need and there's a chance they can be solid contributors. But he could have traded down, got more picks and gotten the SAME guys. Instead, he trades up and we lose a pick.

It's too early to say this was a good or bad draft, but it's not too early to say that it was mismanaged. Since becoming GM, Marv has not done one thing that got a consensus "wow, that was a good move for this team" from the fans, the media, etc (with the possible exception of signing Tripplett). I just want to see him do one thing that's clearly the best possible move for this team, and so far he hasn't.