Two things that really irritate me about this draft..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Two things that really irritate me about this draft..

If the pats would have made these picks, they would have been protrayed in a totally different light.. whitner would have been the "gem" that people should have done more homework on.. and McCargo would have been called the "fast riser" that the pats knew they had to get.. and Youboty.. come on.. you know it would have been called one of the biggest steals in the draft..

instead.. the bills get **** on and marv gets called senile and stupid by everyone.

really irritating.

the other thing irritates me is that after watching draft shows all day long, is it me, or have the bills picks gotten little to no exposure?.. the bills make their pick and get 20 seconds of air time.. basically a "um.. wow.." then a quick flash of a face shot, and then on to the great video highlights of the next pick for the next team.. annoying as hell.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Re: Two things that really irritate me about this draft..

Ha..good point.
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

That's what generally happens when they don't like your pick. In the 4th round, the only players that get air time are Mel Kiper's favorite sleepers of the 4th. So too does a #8 that is highly regarded as reaching doesn't want to get airtime.

It could've been worse, they could've totally ruined Whitner's day with a 10 minute special on Levy's stupidity. Sorry dude, anyway you twist it, you reached on both your picks.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

like anyone is going to remember we "reached" 4-5 picks for a couple of guys that turn out to be good to great players in the next few years...

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

If a guy becomes a Pro Bowler or an impact player, nobody really cares where he was taken. The draft is about finding players who will do a good job playing for your team, it is not about "winning" or making what the experts think are the best picks on draft day.

Putting a good football team together is like putting a puzzle together. It's not about the biggest or nicest looking pieces, but putting the right pieces into the right places, even the odd shaped ones. And, you can't always tell what the puzzle looks like until nearly all of the pieces are in place.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Actaully the Pats took Mankins last year and even ESPN said they "reached" and didn't say it was a great pick or a "riser."

So your entire argument here is pretty much null and void.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              the other thing irritates me is that after watching draft shows all day long, is it me, or have the bills picks gotten little to no exposure?.. the bills make their pick and get 20 seconds of air time.. basically a "um.. wow.." then a quick flash of a face shot, and then on to the great video highlights of the next pick for the next team.. annoying as hell.

yeah...well....i didn't feel like talking 20 seconds to anybody at work about our pick either.i think they got the hint when i told them,"i don't want to talk about it."
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

If the pats would have made these picks, they would have been protrayed in a totally different light.. whitner would have been the "gem" that people should have done more homework on.. and McCargo would have been called the "fast riser" that the pats knew they had to get.. and Youboty.. come on.. you know it would have been called one of the biggest steals in the draft..

instead.. the bills get **** on and marv gets called senile and stupid by everyone.

really irritating.

Tat, who cares. The national media hates the Bills, big deal. ESPN gives rimjobs to the 4 typical teams and basically craps on everyone else. Shouldn't come as a surprise. It would require way to much work for them to actually put some time and effort into covering all the teams so they just focus on whatever is close to them and they generally disregard or totally screw up any information on any other teams because, just like most of us here, they are just throwing out dribble drabble with no factual basis.

This is a big reason why I stopped watching that network. If I wanted to hear about the same 5 teams and then be led in the totally wrong direction on the others I can easily do so watching MSG or FSNY.

ESPN has become the romper room of sports information... it's all about who can come up with the next catch phrase, what Barry Bonds ate for lunch, and how many sit up TO did yesterday.

Just stop watching, you would be part of a fast growing demographic!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Chris Berman mentioned the Bills every chance he got!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BFLOBILLSBURGH
                    • Mar 2005

I agree. So the Bills were not using Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper's board to choose their players. It is pretty clear that we were higher on Whittner then the 'scout experts'. Anyother team would have been praised.

Bills fans need to remember that we are installing a new system on Defense and that we hardly upgraded through FA this offseason with the exception of Triplett. We need players who can make plays and all 3 picks are that. We did add FA's on offense this offseason.

Remember- Mel Kiper is such an expert he praised the Bills when we drafted Mike Williams- that really worked out.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

really irritating.

Here's the difference, NE could have taken Whitner at 21 and it would have been ok cause they are a playoff team and can groom this kid. The Bills have not been in the playoffs for 6 years and at NO#8 we needed to pick someone to help us now not in a year or 2.

What was ESPN suppose to say? I thought they were nice they could have all laughed at the pick, cause this was a reach at #8. When you look at the fact that we could have traded down with several teams, still got Whitner and picked up another draft pick, we are lucky they didn't slam us, cause we are starting to draft like the Jets did for so many years.

Then we go and move up lose a draft pick and take a DT that doesn't fill the need, cause he is the same player a Tripplett (marv words) and they will try to make him what they need.

I said this before, that these guys might pan out, but we needed impact players that could come in and START this year and we didn't do it. Couple this draft so far with what we did in FA, which BTW we picked up a safety at 2 million plus, which some say we spent that money for a special teamer and we have had a horrible off season. Someone please tell me other than Tripplett and without another starting DT how we have made this team better for this year? PLEASE!
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

One thing that irritates me about this draft....the homeristic fans. Both the firsts were reaches. We could have traded down to 11 with STL so they could take Cutler and we STILL would have got Whitner and had an additional 3rd. We could have used a 5th or so and swapped places with someone ahead of us in the 2nd and still got McCargo.

Then we would have been sitting here with THREE picks in the 3rd round. Instead we had 1. All the while watching any Tackle worth a damn go off of the board late 2nd and early 3rd.

So we are going to go into this season with that worthless fk Gandy as our LT again. Average talent at BEST guarding our QB's blind side. BRILLIANT!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kgun12
                          Here's the difference, NE could have taken Whitner at 21 and it would have been ok cause they are a playoff team and can groom this kid. The Bills have not been in the playoffs for 6 years and at NO#8 we needed to pick someone to help us now not in a year or 2.

What was ESPN suppose to say? I thought they were nice they could have all laughed at the pick, cause this was a reach at #8. When you look at the fact that we could have traded down with several teams, still got Whitner and picked up another draft pick, we are lucky they didn't slam us, cause we are starting to draft like the Jets did for so many years.

Then we go and move up lose a draft pick and take a DT that doesn't fill the need, cause he is the same player a Tripplett (marv words) and they will try to make him what they need.

I said this before, that these guys might pan out, but we needed impact players that could come in and START this year and we didn't do it. Couple this draft so far with what we did in FA, which BTW we picked up a safety at 2 million plus, which some say we spent that money for a special teamer and we have had a horrible off season. Someone please tell me other than Tripplett and without another starting DT how we have made this team better for this year? PLEASE!
                          KGUN I flipped back and forth between NFLN And ESPN When the pick was announced. Everyone of them had a WHAT THE F@#$ look on their faces. They went nuts. The guys back at both studios ripped us to shreads talking about how our running defense SUCKED And no one needed to throw a pass because they can put up tons of rushing yards on us.

But that is ok. Ralph, Marv, DJ etc are going to find out real quick that fans have NOT forgotten the last 6 years and I would say by week 6 if we are 2-4 they are going to be catching hell and ralph will be seeing empty seats at the ralph.

Like fans in these ralph *****ing to the league article said, FIELD A WINNING TEAM first before anything else. Didn't tags elude to this as well?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

ICE...how are the teams being fielded by ESPN and NFL Network faring in the draft so far?
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              ICE...how are the teams being fielded by ESPN and NFL Network faring in the draft so far?
                              If you want to talk with me then do so and drop the dumb assed retorts.

Comment

Working...
                              X