PDA

View Full Version : After a night of sleep, my comments on day one!

X-Era
04-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Some interesting facts:

Donte Whitner was listed as the top pure S by many people. Meaning he wasnt a S who projects to CB like Williams and Huff. Huff went before our pick, Williams dropped into the 2nd but went BEFORE our 2nd rounder with the 37th pick. Jason Allen was at best a late 1st rounder and the Fins took him before our 2nd rounder, and our traded up 1st (26th).

Bottom line: they got what they needed from this pick. Kiper in fact did NOT think it was a reach.

John McCargo was a fast riser on most boards. Some had him as a late 1st round prospect. The Bills stated that they felt there was ahuge drop off after McCargo and they wanted to ensure they got him. Well, as it turns out, only Davorcek went before the 3rd round and he is NOT as good a fit or player as McCargo would be for this team. Wroten went in the 3rd but had a ton of off the field crap. Both Bunkley aned Ngata were NOT sure fire cant miss prospects and Ngata especially wasnta good fit and was listed as lazy. Several teams were talking up taking Bunkley, the Bills probably felt that if they moved down, they could lose out on BOTH Whitner AND Bunkley and wouldnt take that risk. Good move. This draft is too important to take risks that could backfire.

Bottom line: it turned out the Bills were right, no other teams pounced on Wroten, Gabe watson is still out there as is Rod Wright and Orien Harris. They HAD to have another starter at DT out of this draft, McCargo looks to be a great player. Good move. Trading down could have cost us McCargo, and we would have had NO DT at all who could be a quality starter day one.

3rd round. As I expected, we had a run on OT's in the late 2nd early 3rd. If the Bills had moved up we could have taken one. We didnt. Im thinking we have someone in mind in round 4 and wanted to wait for him. Now, many of the guys we thought would go early didnt. That tells me that all 32 teams are not as high as we were on the OT or OG or even C crop for that matter. Davin Joseph went in the 1st, Mangold went in the first. Both were late 1sts and we would have needed to trade up for them and would NOT have our starting DT. Justice went to Philly at 39, BEFORE our 2nd rounder. We werent getting him, period! And with his off the field crap, the Bills probably wouldnt have taken him in the 7th round. Duece Lutui went at 41, BEFORE our 2nd rounder. Then guys like Chester, Colledge, Trueblood, McNeil, Whitworth went BEFORE our 3rd rounders (either of them). Personally, NONE of them are worth a high second rounder. AND that means our we DONT get our cover 2 S or starting DT. I liked Winston and Spencer, they both went BEFORE either of our 3rd rounders and again, neither was worth our 2nd rounder.

Yet we took a 1st round talent in the 3rd round who may just fix the Clements saga. Keep in mind, hes not signed. Many of you would have us not drafting a S OR a CB but rather taking DT, OT, and G/C. OK, and if Clements sits out, who in the hell do we have in our secondary again? McGee and who? Vincent? Bowen? THAT my friend is scarry.

Bottom line: The Bills took best available and managed to get a player that can make up for a possible mess on the horizon with our other starting CB. It would have been nice to land a LT, but there were only 3 true LT's that went day one. D'Brick went way to high for us, Justice had character problems, and Winston went before our 3rd. C/G can be had later and is NOT a must have from our day one.

Overall, we stuck to our board. We considered trades but would not move if it meant a chance to lose out on the guys we like, and we were willing to move to get the guy we liked that fills a MUST have need. After watching TD, play games on draft day and lose out on need positions only to take skill players who may or may not pan out, It was a refreshing change.

The greatest part of this draft so far, is that we are building a team through CHARACTER. The SB teams build just that way, Steelers, Seahawks, even Pats. I LOVE that we arent taking chances on guys with off the field crap.

Earthquake Enyart
04-30-2006, 08:05 AM
I love the Youbouty pick.

I bet they planned to go OL or LB, but had to take Youbouty when he fell that far.

I'm not unhappy. Whitmer is a gamer who makes things happen. I saw Ohio State a couple of times this year and you always knew he was on the field. Same with Youbouty.

Don't know much about McCargo, but sometimes you look better than you are when you play next to somebody like Williams. I hope McCargo made Williams better, not vice versa.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-30-2006, 08:07 AM
well thought out jp.

I still feel like with all the possibilities at 8 and all the build up was emotionally a big let down to see the picks.

I feel like I do when the bills loose a game.

I hope we have a good day 2 and we will all feel a bit better

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:11 AM
1) BULL SH@# on your entire worthless post.

2) We could have accepted the trade offer form STL and still got Whitner and gained another 3rd. Marv was affraid and didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. 3 more spots? Whitner would have been there.

3) we could have moved up in the 2nd round possibly with houston or New orleans etc and surrendered much less and still got McCargo. Again marv said he was affraid he wouldn't have been there, but if you look at how the draft went down, odds are he would have been. Most certainly in the high 2nd round.

4) the third round pick was outstanding. Youbouty will be our new nickle back immediately.

5) the OT's worth a SH@! are gone. Had marv not wet his depends we would have had possibly three 3rd rounders or still our old two of them to get an OT that could step in by mid season and take over for the next few years.

Nothing yesterday has given me much faith in Marv and company at all. We jumped the gun to reach for guys we could have had a few spots lower or still in the same round. What makes you think we can find a starting LT in rounds 4-7 which is still our clear cut need.

I pray someone in that room pleads for Dusty D the DT from OU in the 5th. That will give us damn good depth for our DT rotation.

X-Era
04-30-2006, 08:16 AM
well thought out jp.

I still feel like with all the possibilities at 8 and all the build up was emotionally a big let down to see the picks.

I feel like I do when the bills loose a game.

I hope we have a good day 2 and we will all feel a bit better

Imust admit there wasnt alot of excited WOW out of day one. But this team had a few MUST HAVES and just couldnt afford to take chances. Furthermore, it just didnt fall such that we could really make some WOW picks.

I know what you mean though. McGahee, Losman, those were WOW picks that made us excited on draft day. But ya know, a few years later neither is still a WOW.

Then you look at the 2 SB teams, who were their exciting picks the past few years? Roth? ok, ill give ya that. But hwo on the Seahawks?

I think the Pats make the point even better. They take value at every pick. Now, they were lucky enough to have good quality starters before the drafts, but we werent in that spot.

I think McCargo and Tripplett will suprise us. You have Fletcher, McCargo, Tripplett, even TKO who can FLY to the ball. I bet we are very happy to watch our team speed on D next year. Whitners fast as hell, even Youboty is fast. Even on O, specifically our WR's we have a ton of speed.

We just might be happily suprised at our team next year when we are flying all over the field and making plays with hard nosed football players who have a never die attitude!

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:17 AM
They could have afforded chances, Marv didn't have the balls to do so.

X-Era
04-30-2006, 08:18 AM

2) We could have accepted the trade offer form STL and still got Whitner and gained another 3rd. Marv was affraid and didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. 3 more spots? Whitner would have been there.

3) we could have moved up in the 2nd round possibly with houston or New orleans etc and surrendered much less and still got McCargo. Again marv said he was affraid he wouldn't have been there, but if you look at how the draft went down, odds are he would have been. Most certainly in the high 2nd round.

4) the third round pick was outstanding. Youbouty will be our new nickle back immediately.

5) the OT's worth a SH@! are gone. Had marv not wet his depends we would have had possibly three 3rd rounders or still our old two of them to get an OT that could step in by mid season and take over for the next few years.

Nothing yesterday has given me much faith in Marv and company at all. We jumped the gun to reach for guys we could have had a few spots lower or still in the same round. What makes you think we can find a starting LT in rounds 4-7 which is still our clear cut need.

I pray someone in that room pleads for Dusty D the DT from OU in the 5th. That will give us damn good depth for our DT rotation.
Dustin Davorcek is gone a-hole and your useless *****ing is just an annoyance to quality Bills fans.

Go route for another team, take a Geritol, fix your walker, or just plain bite me.

Im sick of your garbage posts that show off your blazing ignorrance.

ignore/ON

YardRat
04-30-2006, 08:21 AM
We got a safety, a DT, and a corner with our first three picks...Whitner and McCargo definite starters, Youboty at worst a nickel back, at best replacing Clements.

Not the players I expected, but positions filled where we needed talent, so I'm not going to ***** too much. The offensive line was addressed mostly through free agency, so I'm glad we're concentrating on defense during the draft.

The proof will come on the field...if all three become quality starters for this team, Marv will look like a genius.

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Dustin Davorcek is gone a-hole and your useless *****ing is just an annoyance to quality Bills fans.

Go route for another team, take a Geritol, fix your walker, or just plain bite me.

Im sick of your garbage posts that show off your blazing ignorrance.

ignore/ON

I am one of the few quality bills fans around. You homers are the biggest part of the problem outside of Ralph Wilson.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow.. IF this board was professional wrestling, Ice just officially had his "heel" turn.

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Wow.. IF this board was professional wrestling, Ice just officially had his "heel" turn.

Yeah please grace us with how you feel this worked out. Had anyone suggested we pick who we did, where we did you would be long gone by now with your tirades. So cut the BS

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 08:29 AM
:lol:

DMBcrew36
04-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Great post JP. At first I was pissed we didn't trade down at all, but realize now that it could've meant losing the player we wanted. I would rather get the player that is coveted.

acehole
04-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Ice calm down...I understand how you feel becuase I fellt it just yesterday. The guy we picked are all young and good and only will improve. They are all starting caliper except for yaboty who can start at nickle and move to nates spot next year. I was looking at draft value charts at the spots that these players were going and the spots they went. If you add those up we are on a net gain. In other words Yabooty was said to be a first round pick as was Mcargo (Giants32) so in essence we got 3 #1 picks. I feel your pain on the line situation...but maybe they think Aaron Gibson can start at RT we got our center...we just signed our LG If we move peters to LT......I think we just need a RG mauler type. If we suck so what we aint going to the bowl. We address the Offense in next years draft. There are no starting LT's in this draft aside of furgeson. So what did you want?

Michael82
04-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Excellent thread, jp-era!! :bf1:

It's amazing how much one night does to a draft like this. I was flipping out yesterday and now after reading Pro Football Weekly and some other draft magazines and sites, I feel a lot better. Yes, Whitner MAY have been a reach, but the truth is, he was the best available safety and was skyrocking up draft boards. if the Bills traded down, the Lions may have taken him, or the Browns might have. We don't know. Check out what Pro Football Weekly said about the pick.... :up:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0 x:str="true"><TBODY><TR height=26><TD class=xl25 bgColor=silver height=26 x:str="8. ">8. Buffalo — S Donte Whitner, Ohio State</TD></TR><TR height=26><TD class=xl24 bgColor=white height=26>Some outsiders might consider this pick a bit of a reach. The reality is that a lot of teams were lining up to secure Whitner, and he was graded as a consensus first-round talent around the league and would not have lasted much longer. He is very, very smart and instinctive and should replace Coy Wire in the starting lineup immediately. With intelligence and character being highly valued by new head coach Dick Jauron, a former NFL safety himself, Whitner was a natural fit.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Then there's McCargo, it's very interesting to see that most of the other top DTs that people were talking about were not taken. They are all still out there.... Gabe Watson, Rodrique Wright, Orien Harris. I really think that the Bills may have been right, if they didn't take him there, someone else would have taken him before their 2nd rounder.

Oh and to make you all feel better, check out what Pro Football Weekly said about the McCargo pick.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0 x:str="true"><TBODY><TR height=26><TD class=xl25 bgColor=silver height=26 x:str="26. ">26. Buffalo (from Chicago) — DT John McCargo, North Carolina State</TD></TR><TR height=26><TD class=xl24 bgColor=white height=26>The Bills had a pressing need to fill at defensive tackle and were able to land a very underrated talent at this spot. McCargo is a great fit for new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's defense and has drawn comparisons to Warren Sapp. With Justin Bannan, Ron Edwards and Sam Adams all having departed, the Bills desperately needed to move up to make sure they could land the three-technique so pivotal to improving their 31st-ranked run defense.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And then you can read the grades from Pete Prisco...not too shabby.... :up:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1><TD class=bg0font colSpan=2 height=17>8. Buffalo selects: Donte Whitner (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/423565), SS, Ohio State</TD><TD class=bg0font>Grade</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD vAlign=center width=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=60 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=bg3 width=60>http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/nfl/2001/helmets/bills_smL.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>They wanted a defensive playmaker and Whitner is a good one. But this is a little high for him. They must think J.P. Losman is the real deal.</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>B-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1><TD class=bg0font colSpan=2 height=17>26. Buffalo (from Chicago) selects: John McCargo (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/426185), DT, North Carolina State</TD><TD class=bg0font>Grade</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD vAlign=center width=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=60 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=bg3 width=60>http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/nfl/2001/helmets/bills_smL.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>They traded up to get McCargo, so they must really like him. He's a guy whose stock has jumped up the past month. He's a penetrating lineman who fits what the Bills want to do. He's an active player who can play the run and the pass.</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle>B</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Face it, none of us knows what would have happened if the Bills didn't move fast. Both of these guys could have been gone if we tried to wait them out. And now the Bills got two solid players that they really like and are both young and could be future stars.

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Some interesting facts:

Donte Whitner was listed as the top pure S by many people. Meaning he wasnt a S who projects to CB like Williams and Huff. Huff went before our pick, Williams dropped into the 2nd but went BEFORE our 2nd rounder with the 37th pick. Jason Allen was at best a late 1st rounder and the Fins took him before our 2nd rounder, and our traded up 1st (26th).

Bottom line: they got what they needed from this pick. Kiper in fact did NOT think it was a reach.

John McCargo was a fast riser on most boards. Some had him as a late 1st round prospect. The Bills stated that they felt there was ahuge drop off after McCargo and they wanted to ensure they got him. Well, as it turns out, only Davorcek went before the 3rd round and he is NOT as good a fit or player as McCargo would be for this team. Wroten went in the 3rd but had a ton of off the field crap. Both Bunkley aned Ngata were NOT sure fire cant miss prospects and Ngata especially wasnta good fit and was listed as lazy. Several teams were talking up taking Bunkley, the Bills probably felt that if they moved down, they could lose out on BOTH Whitner AND Bunkley and wouldnt take that risk. Good move. This draft is too important to take risks that could backfire.

Bottom line: it turned out the Bills were right, no other teams pounced on Wroten, Gabe watson is still out there as is Rod Wright and Orien Harris. They HAD to have another starter at DT out of this draft, McCargo looks to be a great player. Good move. Trading down could have cost us McCargo, and we would have had NO DT at all who could be a quality starter day one.

3rd round. As I expected, we had a run on OT's in the late 2nd early 3rd. If the Bills had moved up we could have taken one. We didnt. Im thinking we have someone in mind in round 4 and wanted to wait for him. Now, many of the guys we thought would go early didnt. That tells me that all 32 teams are not as high as we were on the OT or OG or even C crop for that matter. Davin Joseph went in the 1st, Mangold went in the first. Both were late 1sts and we would have needed to trade up for them and would NOT have our starting DT. Justice went to Philly at 39, BEFORE our 2nd rounder. We werent getting him, period! And with his off the field crap, the Bills probably wouldnt have taken him in the 7th round. Duece Lutui went at 41, BEFORE our 2nd rounder. Then guys like Chester, Colledge, Trueblood, McNeil, Whitworth went BEFORE our 3rd rounders (either of them). Personally, NONE of them are worth a high second rounder. AND that means our we DONT get our cover 2 S or starting DT. I liked Winston and Spencer, they both went BEFORE either of our 3rd rounders and again, neither was worth our 2nd rounder.

Yet we took a 1st round talent in the 3rd round who may just fix the Clements saga. Keep in mind, hes not signed. Many of you would have us not drafting a S OR a CB but rather taking DT, OT, and G/C. OK, and if Clements sits out, who in the hell do we have in our secondary again? McGee and who? Vincent? Bowen? THAT my friend is scarry.

Bottom line: The Bills took best available and managed to get a player that can make up for a possible mess on the horizon with our other starting CB. It would have been nice to land a LT, but there were only 3 true LT's that went day one. D'Brick went way to high for us, Justice had character problems, and Winston went before our 3rd. C/G can be had later and is NOT a must have from our day one.

Overall, we stuck to our board. We considered trades but would not move if it meant a chance to lose out on the guys we like, and we were willing to move to get the guy we liked that fills a MUST have need. After watching TD, play games on draft day and lose out on need positions only to take skill players who may or may not pan out, It was a refreshing change.

The greatest part of this draft so far, is that we are building a team through CHARACTER. The SB teams build just that way, Steelers, Seahawks, even Pats. I LOVE that we arent taking chances on guys with off the field crap.
Great post! :bf1:

Michael82
04-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh and then don't forget the steal that we got in the 3rd round. That was an excellent pick by the Bills. Ashton Youboty was predicted to be a 1st rounder and just fell in our laps in the 3rd round. He's a big guy, and a damn good player. We got our replacement for Clements. :bf1:

X-Era
04-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Ice calm down...I understand how you feel becuase I fellt it just yesterday. The guy we picked are all young and good and only will improve. They are all starting caliper except for yaboty who can start at nickle and move to nates spot next year. I was looking at draft value charts at the spots that these players were going and the spots they went. If you add those up we are on a net gain. In other words Yabooty was said to be a first round pick as was Mcargo (Giants32) so in essence we got 3 #1 picks. I feel your pain on the line situation...but maybe they think Aaron Gibson can start at RT we got our center...we just signed our LG If we move peters to LT......I think we just need a RG mauler type. If we suck so what we aint going to the bowl. We address the Offense in next years draft. There are no starting LT's in this draft aside of furgeson. So what did you want?

300% agree!!! It just takes a pause, a few deep breaths, and a logical look at the situation. Peters is GONNA start at one of the OT spots. I think he has shown several times, like against Peppers and Taylor, he has the feet to go up against the top DE's. Furthermore, I dont feel Gandy was our biggest problem on the o-line. In fact, I thought he was a pleasant suprise. I felt our interior, specifically LG, was our biggest problem. I also felt JP's inexperience, crappy schemes, and Holcomb just not being very good, made our o-line look even worse.

Now, if we had done nothing as far as signings, I would be ticked that we haven drafted anyone yet. But Reyes started 16 games at LG last year, so at worst hes experinced, at best he replaces Benny the human penalty and doesnt get all the stupid penalties. That ALONE is an upgrade. Teague just hasnt been that good. Melvin Folwer was a fairly highly thought of C prospect who has started. At worst, hes no better than Teague or worse. At best, he steps up and proves to be a solid TRUE C. Aaron Gibson screwed himself with his work habits. But now, he is jacked and is in the best shape of his life. We have 2 starters at OT, so at worst, Gibson doesnt pan out but could be kept for depth, at best Gibson earns the RT spots, and allows a capable Peters of playing LT. Villarial is at least a solid RG. No hes not a pro bowler. But there are plenty of teams that run and pass well that dont have ANY pro bowl o-lineman. Denver, and the Giants come to mind. I think the o-line is a spot where you can play great ball if you run sound schemes and have players with attitude.

J TES
04-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Some interesting facts:

Jason Allen was not "at best a late first round pick". He was moving up draft boards for weeks now, and was a top 20 player. If he didnt hurt his hip he was a lock top 10 pick.

honey
04-30-2006, 08:55 AM
All right, you guys. There have been some excellent posts in this thread, but please keep the hostility out of it. Quit with the name-calling, etc., ok? :club:

X-Era
04-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Jason Allen was not "at best a late first round pick". He was moving up draft boards for weeks now, and was a top 20 player. If he didnt hurt his hip he was a lock top 10 pick.

OK, so you would have us take Bunkley who has some character issues at 8, and then move up ABOVE 16 to get Allen who has a questionable hip?

I think I like what we did better.

J TES
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM

I think this may the first time I have ever agreed with ICE, but he nailed. Evryone is trying to spin these first two picks, coming back with there "the more I read about" or "after sleeping on it" posts. But both of those picks were complete reaches. Not that either player isn't a good prospect, but its not about that. Its about value and Buffalo didnt get value on either pick. Period.

J TES
04-30-2006, 09:09 AM
OK, so you would have us take Bunkley who has some character issues at 8, and then move up ABOVE 16 to get Allen who has a questionable hip?

I think I like what we did better.
I love how Bunkle all of a sudden is a scum bag. Last week most on here either wanted Buffalo to take him at 8, or would have takin him if there #1 or 2 choice wasnt avaiable. Now you are trying to convince yourself (not anyone else) that Whitner at 8 was the right move. Puhlease. Not one person, not one, ever even mentioned Whitner as a possibility. Actually was it Mayock, or that dumb ass from cold pizza that predicted that Buffalo would take Whitner, and everyone came on here calling him a moron? But to answer your question, Yes. I would have takin Bunkley at 8. D-Lines can make a decent secondary great. You could put Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders and Mel Blount behind this d-line and they woulndt do crap. Why? Cause teams are going to run it down the Bills throats. And when they do throw, even those guys couldn't cover someone all day, because the front 4 cant get after the QB. So yes, I would have takin Bunkley, with out a doubt. Then if need be traded up and got Jimmy Williams. You cant honestly tell me you would rather have had a draft of Whitner/Mccargo to Bunkley/J.Williams.

X-Era
04-30-2006, 09:22 AM
I love how Bunkle all of a sudden is a scum bag. Last week most on here either wanted Buffalo to take him at 8, or would have takin him if there #1 or 2 choice wasnt avaiable. Now you are trying to convince yourself (not anyone else) that Whitner at 8 was the right move. Puhlease. Not one person, not one, ever even mentioned Whitner as a possibility. Actually was it Mayock, or that dumb ass from cold pizza that predicted that Buffalo would take Whitner, and everyone came on here calling him a moron? But to answer your question, Yes. I would have takin Bunkley at 8. D-Lines can make a decent secondary great. You could put Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders and Mel Blount behind this d-line and they woulndt do crap. Why? Cause teams are going to run it down the Bills throats. And when they do throw, even those guys couldn't cover someone all day, because the front 4 cant get after the QB. So yes, I would have takin Bunkley, with out a doubt. Then if need be traded up and got Jimmy Williams. You cant honestly tell me you would rather have had a draft of Whitner/Mccargo to Bunkley/J.Williams.

I like Jimmy Williams, dont get me wrong. But many think hes a CB or FS, NOT a SS. We needed a SS who can sover a ton of ground and be solid against the run or pass. We released Milloy and signed Bowen who at best couldnt hold Whitners jock strap.

Vincent is a liability too, but brings leadership and does get INT's. SS was a bigger need than FS.

As far as Bunkley, true, many would have been happy with him, but we arent the ones drafting. And Levy has been rumored to be down on him due to his character problems.

I think most of the people complaining are the ones who are buying into the so called draftnicks crap and wanting the fashionable picks or the popular picks.

The Bills have chosen to make their board based on how the player fit in their schemes, and what type of person the player is. You can fault it if you like, But I like the way they are building this team.

Now, with Tripplett and McCargo, one thing is for sure. We are going to fly around the field. If we can manage to fly into the pocket, pocket passers like Brady, Pennington, Ramsey, or sometimes even Culpepper, will have a tough time. The only wany Ngata was flying anywhere was if he got strapped to a C130!

Nighthawk
04-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree, you definitely had to digest what Buffalo did yesterday, but after you do, you see that the Bills did really well. Yes, I said that they did REALLY WELL on the first day. They got, by many scouts, the top rated SS on the board, they got the 3rd ranked (by many scouts) DT and they got a top 5 CB in the 3rd round! That sounds like a good day to me!

Dozerdog
04-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Looking at what the entire league did- Drafting only a handful of OL/DT in the top 2 rounds - it's obvious that a lot of the amature draftniks (myself included) wayyyyy overvalued guys like Winston & Justice.

We filled 3 areas of need, with plenty of OL talent to go.

You can't say "great job" or "Crappy job" until they hit the field anyway.

Agree or disagree withthe posts- but if you're going to get nasty attacking them or attacking fellow posters we will have to give some folks "time -outs" .

Nighthawk
04-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Looking at what the entire league did- Drafting only a handful of OL/DT in the top 2 rounds - it's obvious that a lot of the amature draftniks (myself included) wayyyyy overvalued guys like Winston & Justice.

We filled 3 areas of need, with plenty of OL talent to go.

You can't say "great job" or "Crappy job" until they hit the field anyway.

Agree or disagree withthe posts- but if you're going to get nasty attacking them or attacking fellow posters we will have to give some folks "time -outs" .

I agree with most of what you said, but the OL talent is extremely thin right now. I kind of want them to go after "best available" right now and not worry about the OL. I don't think there is anybody left who will be an upgrade, so why draft them? Take the best athletes and your team will become a winner.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree, you definitely had to digest what Buffalo did yesterday, but after you do, you see that the Bills did really well. Yes, I said that they did REALLY WELL on the first day. They got, by many scouts, the top rated SS on the board, they got the 3rd ranked (by many scouts) DT and they got a top 5 CB in the 3rd round! That sounds like a good day to me!
Good post! :bf1:

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Haha! Looks like Bi-POlar ICe is back. First Marv get's it and now he doesn't? A pop warner coach acting like he's more qualified than Marv. :crazy:

Tell us ICE, what team have you built? Answer: None.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
.... Not one person, not one, ever even mentioned Whitner as a possibility. Actually was it Mayock, or that dumb ass from cold pizza that predicted that Buffalo would take Whitner, and everyone came on here calling him a moron? ....

Not so fast my friend! I posted two messages on FRIDAY NIGHT that indicated that the Bills might take Whitner:

"The Bills interviewed Donte Whitner at the Combine and supposedly really liked him. Some are projecting him as perhaps going to Miami. Could he be the guy?" http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1468018#post1468018

"Ah, Bling, you won't be saying that when the Bills trade down with Philly: our # 8 pick for their # 14 pick and a second rounder and then snatch Donte Whitner or Jimmy Williams away from your beloved Phins!"
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1467733#post1467733

So, please don't say that the possibility that the Bills might take Whitner wasn't mentioned by someone here. It was. Unfortunately, some people don't take the time to read my posts because they can't concentrate long enough to read anything longer than one or two short paragraphs.

dplus47
04-30-2006, 12:46 PM

you do realize that you're asking god to deliver a guy whom the bears drafted in the third, don't you? ironically, he was picked with the 73rd pick.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Not so fast my friend! I posted two messages on FRIDAY NIGHT that indicated that the Bills might take Whitner:

"The Bills interviewed Donte Whitner at the Combine and supposedly really liked him. Some are projecting him as perhaps going to Miami. Could he be the guy?" http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1468018#post1468018

"Ah, Bling, you won't be saying that when the Bills trade down with Philly: our # 8 pick for their # 14 pick and a second rounder and then snatch Donte Whitner or Jimmy Williams away from your beloved Phins!"
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1467733#post1467733

So, please don't say that the possibility that the Bills might take Whitner wasn't mentioned by someone here. It was. Unfortunately, some people don't take the time to read my posts because they can't concentrate long enough to read anything longer than one or two short paragraphs.
Nice one. :up: