PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy with the draft

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Lets face it, the draft is always a gamble.

I'm a little troubled that we traded up to get McCargo, but who knows. Obviously the guys who work in the FO for a living know much more than us.

We need a safety! Vincent got toasted left and right last year and was never strong in run support. They say Whitner is versatile. Looks like we got options in the defensive backfield. A good strong athletic safety isn't so much of a gamble. He'll be able to come in and contribute right away.

And we got another CB in the 3rd round. What's Clements' status right now?

Today, I hope we get some OL depth/prospects.

BAM
04-30-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm not upset about it either. We got a few good players yesterday. None of us know how they're going to turn out yet. Why stress over it.

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm not upset about it either. We got a few good players yesterday. None of us know how they're going to turn out yet. Why stress over it.
Exactly.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm not particularly happy about what's happened so far...but I'm not upset either. The draft is a crap shoot. Nothing to do but wait and see. :idunno:

BAM
04-30-2006, 08:47 AM
:hi5:

The only thing I'm pissed about is I got fried yesterday while I was out on the greens. :ill:

Iehoshua
04-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Fools. Your hair should be torn out by now, then thrown over a pile of all your Bills merchandise, then set on fire to symbolize your infinite frustration. Otherwise you are all pure homers. How can you possibly see any positive when god Clayton said we did a bad job?

:crazy:

Yeah, sorry, I guess I'm a homer cuz I'm not all that distressed by the draft...

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Fools. Your hair should be torn out by now, then thrown over a pile of all your Bills merchandise, then set on fire to symbolize your infinite frustration. Otherwise you are all pure homers. How can you possibly see any positive when god Clayton said we did a bad job?

:crazy:
:roflmao:

Cntrygal
04-30-2006, 10:52 AM

:hi5:

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I love the draft so far.

Discotrish
04-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Lets face it, the draft is always a gamble.

I'm a little troubled that we traded up to get McCargo, but who knows. Obviously the guys who work in the FO for a living know much more than us.

That's exactly what I said before the Iraq war. Well you never know maybe the rest of the AFC east will be plagued by injuries.

Patti

Sportsuser101
04-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I thought this was a superb draft. We really improved our defense greatly. Personally I'm fine with our tackles. I think our interior line is pretty solid as well from what I've read on the scouting reports on Fowler and Reyes.

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Well you never know maybe the rest of the AFC east will be plagued by injuries.

Patti

lol, that's a nice thing to say

Tatonka
04-30-2006, 11:00 AM
we had needs for top notch players at both FS and SS.. DT and CB after nate leaves when the year is over..

we filled positions of need.

Night Train
04-30-2006, 11:47 AM
People are focusing too much on where these guys are selected.. the supposed " value " of each pick. Some of us are fans, not professional draftnicks in some $$ pool .

We badly needed help at Safety, DT and maybe a replacement for Clements. We got all that so far. Some of us couldn't give a damn what round they were selected in.

OL is a debate but the Reyes signing and moving Preston to Guard makes the Bills feel better. So be it. I saw nothing for LT beyond Ferguson so only a Guard was going to be a mild consideration.

But the Bills obviously were very concerned about the D, so I support their philosophy of loading up on that side of the ball.

BAM
04-30-2006, 11:47 AM
we had needs for top notch players at both FS and SS.. DT and CB after nate leaves when the year is over..

we filled positions of need.

Exactly.

We can still get OL help in these next couple rounds...