PDA

View Full Version : FS....

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Greg Blue from Georgia and Ko Simpson from South Carolina are still there, but I am not sure how much longer they will last. What do you think about taking one of them or are you happy with Rashad Baker when Vincent is done?

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Simpson if he's there at one of our 5's...

Michael82
04-30-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm shocked that both Ko Simpson AND Darnell Bing are still there. :shocked:

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-30-2006, 08:56 AM
I know I couldn't believe that when I saw it, do you think we could move bing to FS or is that a no no?

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-30-2006, 08:56 AM
our DBacks could be filthy in a couple years

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I forgot Bing is still there!! He'll do too, because I thought he'd be gone in the 2nd...

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
our DBacks could be filthy in a couple years

Awesome!

Michael82
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
I forgot Bing is still there!! He'll do too, because I thought he'd be gone in the 2nd...
I wanted Bing all along and we do technically need 2 safeties. I'd take him in the 4th if Gilles isn't there anymore.

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 09:02 AM
I wanted Bing all along and we do technically need 2 safeties. I'd take him in the 4th if Gilles isn't there anymore.

Really, are you content with our o-line? I was thinking the same thing before but the line really needs help...Unless that time is already passed...

X-Era
04-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Greg Blue from Georgia and Ko Simpson from South Carolina are still there, but I am not sure how much longer they will last. What do you think about taking one of them or are you happy with Rashad Baker when Vincent is done?

Personally, I cant believe Pat Watkins is still out there!

The guy is a CB in a FS's body and flat out makes plays.

Id love another DT, or a OL with our 4th, but if we took Watkins, Id LOVE that pick.

heres the writre up:

Patrick Watkins
S (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/position?id=93) | (6'4http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/nfl/trans/3_4.gif", 211, 4.51) | FLORIDA STATE (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/school?id=2174)

Strengths: Has ideal instincts, range and ball skills as a centerfielder-type FS. He is tall with decent bulk and the frame to get bigger. Possesses very good speed for the position. He is a smooth athlete for a taller DB. Has adequate hip fluidity and COD skills. He is a long-strider that shows closing burst when the ball is in the air. Has good leaping ability, long arms and times his jumps well. He has big hands and excellent ball skills. He defends the jump ball very well and does a great job of adjusting to the ball in the air. He has added a good amount of weight and has gotten noticeably stronger over the course of the last two years. He isn't a big-hitter or overly aggressive player, but he is willing. He wraps up in space and shows good body control as an open-field tackler. He has a real nose for the ball. Has a knack for forcing and recovering fumbles. He's a hard worker who should continue to improve with experience and time in the weight-room.

Weaknesses: He is getting bigger but still lacks ideal bulk. Also needs to improve his overall strength. He has decent power in his upper body but lacks the lower body strength and base to take on bigger blockers in the phone booth. He has a tendency to come out of his pedal high and will struggle to transition quickly enough when forced to turn and run. He is far more effective in deep zone coverage than he is when matched up one-on-one Can still improve his recognition skills and diagnose things quicker, which should come with more experience. He's not an overly vocal leader and he needs to do a better job of being the "quarterback of the secondary".

Overall: Watkins played some as a sub-package defensive back as a freshman in 2002 and became a consistent contributor in the nickel and dime packages as a sophomore in 2003 before beating out B.J. Ward for the starting FS job as a junior in 2004. Watkins started all 12 games at FS in 2004 and finished with 56 tackles, including four for losses, four INTs and 10 PBU. He also forced two fumbles and recovered two fumbles. Watkins is on the lean side and he isn't an overly powerful player in run support. However, he is a tall centerfielder-type with very good range in deep coverage. He continues to get bigger and has the frame to pack on more pounds, which will help him match up better at the point of attack vs. blockers and bigger ball carriers. However, Watkins is a fine open-field tackler at this point and he is a playmaker in all aspects of the game. Watkins is likely to come off the 2006 draft board by the end of Day 1.

Look at the size and speed!

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 09:06 AM
6'4''!!! Another FSU guy...

Mahdi
04-30-2006, 09:39 AM
I know I couldn't believe that when I saw it, do you think we could move bing to FS or is that a no no?
Bing is more of a SS. He's more of a Milloy type.