PDA

View Full Version : What do we do in rounds 4-7

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Right now we have a 4th, 2 5th's a 6th and 2 7th's.

I wish LT had been addressed and maybe it will BUT I just dont' see anyone left that can step in by mid season and take over then be ready to handle the load full time starting next year. It was my goal in this draft to find that kid. Gandy is average to below average at LT and it will show this year.

We addressed LG and Center in FA and did an ok / solid job. But LT is THE main position on this team and we have had nothing but average to crap at that position since we got screwed out of keeping wolford.

I still want to see another DT taken (and yes you know my pick) for our rotation. I think OLB and ILB depth must be addressed.

So my picks are LT, DT, OLB, ILB.

I will ask Pat Moran and DraftBoy, in your opinions do you see anyone left we can take in the 4th that can come in and take over LT by mid season and carry on from there? I am still reeling from yesterdays picks so I can't even think straight to remember who is there since Colledge, Winston, Whitworth etc are all gone.

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 09:29 AM
I think you go OG or DT with pick 4. If a decent DT can be had early 4th, then you try and trade up one of the 5th picks to get an OL in the mid 4th.

The rest, 6th - 7th, is camp foder anyway.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 09:32 AM
I think you leave LT for Priority Number One next season and you live with Gandy for 2006.. They (bills) felt the priority this draft was the defense, which was ranked what, 29th in the NFL last year.

Next year Priority #1 will be LT and depending on if someone steps up, QB.

This year..
I want a guard in round four, another DT and DE in round 5 and after that just take whomever is the best talent on the board.

Rob Sims would be a GREAT draft choice for Round four to play guard. And ironically, he's from OSU, with whom the bills use as their minor league team.

Mahdi
04-30-2006, 09:33 AM
I think we need a pass rushing DE to challenge Kelsay. Maybe Stanley McClover with our next pick. Then we can go OT/OG in the fifth, LB in the 6th and maybe another DT in the 7th as well as another OL.

Mahdi
04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
I think you leave LT for Priority Number One next season and you live with Gandy for 2006.. They (bills) felt the priority this draft was the defense, which was ranked what, 29th in the NFL last year.

This year..
I want a guard in round four, another DT and DE in round 5 and after that just take whomever is the best talent on the board.

Rob Sims would be a GREAT draft choice for Round four to play guard. And ironically, he's from OSU, with whom the bills use as their minor league team.
I like the Rob Sims pick, posted that last night, he's an athletic OL, could challenge Villareal.

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM

This year..

So do you see Sims as a replacement for Villarial? As for as OSU, No S@!# it's getting pretty stupid at OBD. Why not just line all of the guys coming out of there up and just tell the NFL 'We will take these guys, don't worry about it' LOL!

I fear having that POS gandy at LT again. Hell put peters who is our most athletic lineman over there and deal with RT later. I grant you we will have more than enough cap room to sign whomever we want at LT but the question is who will be available?

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM
It's pretty clear that Gandy is starting this year at LT unless by some miracle he gets beat out by Gibson or McFarland during camp.. Like I said, I think that will be a top priority next season.

Mahdi: AS for Sims........I'm baffled he wasnt picked yet.. He could be our starting RG in 2007 if we take him in round four. Let him learn under Villarial for one year (and the cut Villarial, I think he's total garbage to be honest)

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 09:53 AM
It's pretty clear that Gandy is starting this year at LT unless by some miracle he gets beat out by Gibson or McFarland during camp.. Like I said, I think that will be a top priority next season.

Mahdi: AS for Sims........I'm baffled he wasnt picked yet.. He could be our starting RG in 2007 if we take him in round four. Let him learn under Villarial for one year (and the cut Villarial, I think he's total garbage to be honest)

I hope we plan on putting Royal over LT a ton... we will need to.

Mahdi
04-30-2006, 09:57 AM

Yeah. I think I would prefer him over Gilles actually. Would rather have a smaller more mobile OL.