PDA

View Full Version : Nastiest Secondary!

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 10:32 AM
The Bills will have the nastiest secondary around;

McGee, Clements, Youboty, Whitner, Simpson, Vincent!!

MarvLevy
04-30-2006, 10:35 AM
i sure damn hope so...we need a DE pass rusher.
and few OL's..and i'll be happy

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I like our starting 2 DEs now. I just want to see someone drafted to rotate in. Along with one more DT and 1 or 2 OLineman

MarvLevy
04-30-2006, 10:38 AM
exactly...thats how i feel

generalmills
04-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I think the Simpson pick says alot about the future of Troy Vincent after this season.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I think the Simpson pick says alot about the future of Troy Vincent after this season.
:bigwave: Vincent

I think it say more about the fact that the Bills were SHOCKED he was still there in round 4 for them. Good pick! :bf1:

Don't Panic
04-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah... he and Youboty were great salvages from the first two picks.

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I like our starting 2 DEs now. I just want to see someone drafted to rotate in. Along with one more DT and 1 or 2 OLinemanany DE drafted this late is nothing more than a project. Won't be helping the team sometime soon.

TacklingDummy
04-30-2006, 01:31 PM
The Bills will have the nastiest secondary around;

McGee, Clements, Youboty, Whitner, Simpson, Vincent!!

If there is no pass rush they won't look so good.

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 01:33 PM
If there is no pass rush they won't look so good.Or if they can cover, they can give the DL enough time to get to the qb. It goes both ways.

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Wy wouldn't there be a pass rush? McCargo is supposed to be disruptive, Tripplet is supposed to be disruptive, Schobel may now be freed up a bit more...I just don't see whay you would assume no pash rush?

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Or if they can cover, they can give the DL enough time to get to the qb. It goes both ways.
during our 4-12 campaign we had a pass defense ranked quite high. On the other side you don't want to know what our run D was, for a quick refresher, there was that Monday Night game where Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan BOTH had 100+ rushing, lol. Yeesh that still hurts.

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 01:48 PM
during our 4-12 campaign we had a pass defense ranked quite high. On the other side you don't want to know what our run D was, for a quick refresher, there was that Monday Night game where Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan BOTH had 100+ rushing, lol. Yeesh that still hurts.both compliment each other. When Ogun was opposite JT, you had one of the best secondary. Part of JT's and Ogun sacks however came from Surtain and Maddison shuting down the passing game giving both you DE's time to eventually get to the qb.

BillsFever21
04-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Safeties and CB's are drafted all the time in the first few rounds. These guys have never even stepped on the NFL field yet. To say we're gonna have the nastiest secondary is funny.

BillsFever21
04-30-2006, 01:50 PM
We reach for a safety at #8 when we could've landed another day 1 pick and still have him, and then take a couple middle round DB's and all of a sudden we're gonna have the "nastiest secondary"

Could it be? Maybe. To proclaim it as official? :roflmao:

This kind of stuff happens everyday after the draft. Just like Roscoe Parrish was the next Steve Smith and Kevin Everett was gonna be a dominiant TE.

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 01:54 PM
We reach for a safety at #8 when we could've landed another day 1 pick and still have him, and then take a couple middle round DB's and all of a sudden we're gonna have the "nastiest secondary"

Could it be? Maybe. To proclaim it as official? :roflmao:

This kind of stuff happens everyday after the draft. Just like Roscoe Parrish was the next Steve Smith and Kevin Everett was gonna be a dominiant TE.
You're right, there is no way to know, but that logic applies to you as well as it does me or anyone else.

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2006, 01:59 PM
both compliment each other. When Ogun was opposite JT, you had one of the best secondary. Part of JT's and Ogun sacks however came from Surtain and Maddison shuting down the passing game giving both you DE's time to eventually get to the qb.
Very good point, but during that 4-12 season, OGUN wasn't there, and we were extremely weak in the middle--that year we also lost Tim Bowens and Larry Chester--we had Zgonina doing a lot of work, and he's a lunch pail worker, but he was a situational DT and he took a lot of snaps. There wasn't any reason to pass on us, because everyone and my late grandmother could run on us. We still had Surtain, so our secondary was still decent, but our d-line was extremely exposed and abused.
With the infusion of youth in the Bills secondary, it could balance the Bills line (w/ the addition of Tripplett,) in progress and it won't be much of a problem. Who knows until it happens.

HAMMER
04-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Safeties and CB's are drafted all the time in the first few rounds. These guys have never even stepped on the NFL field yet. To say we're gonna have the nastiest secondary is funny.

Yeah, God forbid a Bill fan say something optimistic or have some fun on this board.

Jersey1031
04-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, God forbid a Bill fan say something optimistic or have some fun on this board.

Thanks Hammer, I didn't mean it to be taken literally... Just something to look forward to with Perry Fewell's Def...