PDA

View Full Version : **** the 4-3, our base D must be a dime package...

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 10:35 AM
why else would we need Clements, McGee, Vincent, Whitner, Youboty and Simpson?

I just don't see where this staff is going with 3 DB's and no OL help.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:39 AM
How about letting the whole draft play out and more of FA play out. Then lets see if this team makes progress this coming season before jumping off the boat.

MarvLevy
04-30-2006, 10:40 AM
maybe we r gonna use the lonesome polecat offense with no o-line..lol

MarvLevy
04-30-2006, 10:41 AM
xx x x xxxxxx
x
wr's c & qb+wr o-line

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 10:42 AM
How about letting the whole draft play out and more of FA play out. Then lets see if this team makes progress this coming season before jumping off the boat.

the boat sunk in 1999.

How much more of FA do you want to wait for? Who is left that could possibly help our team?

At the start of FA, it was wait until Marv was ready. Then when he never did anything, it was wait until the draft. Now we drafted 3 DB's and ignored the OL and it's wait for more FA's (even though they're all gone). And I know someone wil suggest waiting for the June 1 cuts.

So, how many milestones do we have to pass without improving before you start criticizing and stop playing the "wait and see" game?

Tatonka
04-30-2006, 10:43 AM
:cry:

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 10:44 AM

YOu forgot Baker, bowens, King, Greer and Wire

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Like I said this is Marvs first year your acting like its his 3rd straight. Let this season go and play out and see if there is progress. If there is none then hop off with me. But I guarantee there will be inprovement. This is a 2 year minimum rebuilding process. We cant fix all donahoes screwups in one year. I love whats going on right now so far. I feel good about the moves. 1 more OL and ill be happier.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2006, 10:47 AM

Seriously... what's left??? You're going to count on a few late round picks, and at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we still don't take any OL guys, to fix the most obvious problem on the team?

This team is making it harder and harder to believe they will be any good as the hours pass by. I'm already preparing myself for another very long season.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Like I said this is Marvs first year your acting like its his 3rd straight. Let this season go and play out and see if there is progress. If there is none then hop off with me. But I guarantee there will be inprovement. This is a 2 year minimum rebuilding process. We cant fix all donahoes screwups in one year. I love whats going on right now so far. I feel good about the moves. 1 more OL and ill be happier.

This is a 2 year rebuilding process going on year 7, blame Donahoe all you like, but if it's the exact same problem that's been around for multiple years, the first responsibility for the new regime should be to fix said problem...

Tatonka
04-30-2006, 10:48 AM

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 10:51 AM

reminds me a little of last year. Everyone called me a whiner, then it turns out my 7-9 prediction was optimistic, and much closer to reality than everyone else's playoff prediction. Of course, I couldn't say anything- it's not like I could be happy about 5-11.

So go on- contiue to think we're making the right moves, but dont' come crying to me when we suck on the field again.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Like I said you cant count the last 5-7 years towards Levy. Its not his fault. Hes fixing it but you can fix all the problems in 1 year. Its going to take at least 2 years.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Is that the best you can do?
Great insight.

how about instead, telling me WHY adding our 7th safety to the roster is a better move than drafting a DT or Guard or OT at this stage of the draft, are we NOT thin at DT or Guard?

I'm open for any discusson on this.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
We wont be that great this year. Its poss but I doubt it. Im looking forward to next year when we start our climb back up.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 10:54 AM
BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! Are you working for an NFL team PAT??? NO I didnt think so. Thank you.

OpIv37
Like I said you cant count the last 5-7 years towards Levy. Its not his fault. Hes fixing it but you can fix all the problems in 1 year. Its going to take at least 2 years.

from a fan perspective, why does it matter whether or not it's Levy's faut? It's still 7 years of SUCKING and we're sick and tired of it.

IMO fans have every right to be upset and apprehensive when the OL sucks but we take 3 DB's in our first 4 draft picks. It's illogical and ill-advised.

BlackMetalNinja

No, you can't fix all the problems at once... but it sure would be nice if they would make an attempt to fix the most glaring one instead of getting 3 DBs in the first 4 picks when 1, maybe 2 would have been a good start.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2006, 10:56 AM
from a fan perspective, why does it matter whether or not it's Levy's faut? It's still 7 years of SUCKING and we're sick and tired of it.

IMO fans have every right to be upset and apprehensive when the OL sucks but we take 3 DB's in our first 4 draft picks. It's illogical and ill-advised.

Thank you for proving to me that there are still some people around here that aren't blindly optimistic Op.

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 10:56 AM
BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! Are you working for an NFL team PAT??? NO I didnt think so. Thank you.

Um, the argument yesterday was that Levy was filling positions of need, so who cares if Whitner and McCargo were reaches? It was pretty much consensus amongst the other teams and the sports media (not just my opinion) that Whitner was NOT the best player available, but people like you still said that the pick was still OK cuz we need a S.

Now, all of a sudden it's best player available? Make up your mind.

Statman
04-30-2006, 10:58 AM

"the 4-3, our base D must be a dime package... "

ROFLMAO

Dr. Lecter
04-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Is that the best you can do?
Great insight.

how about instead, telling me WHY adding our 7th safety to the roster is a better move than drafting a DT or Guard or OT at this stage of the draft, are we NOT thin at DT or Guard?

I'm open for any discusson on this.

In the later rounds a team should take the BPA. Position should be a very minor concern. Simpson could be a started when Vincent leaves.

Later round picks do not (OK, rarely) contribute in year 1.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 11:00 AM
1st 2 rounds I can understand reaching to fill two big areas of need. But you cant do that in later rounds. You have to look at both sides but dont take a glaring need of a player that you can prob get later on. Or if that reach is a bad character.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Thank you DR thats what im saying

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 11:02 AM
1st 2 rounds I can understand reaching to fill two big areas of need. But you cant do that in later rounds. You have to look at both sides but dont take a glaring need of a player that you can prob get later on. Or if that reach is a bad character.

Great spin, Karl Rove. It's OK to do BPA today but wouldn't have been yesterday.... :rolleyes:

ddaryl
04-30-2006, 11:05 AM
shoo fly

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 11:06 AM
I like what Mike Golic just said. Hes 100% right. Buffalo is #1 in the league at rating Charachter and its wait and see if it works.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 11:09 AM
FUNNY as HELL how its all about BPA all of a sudden.

When for WEEKS I lobbied for Vernon Davis, Jay Cutler or even Michael Huff.. and I was called a ****** because I didnt campaign for Ngata or Winston Justice or Bunkley... "fix the lines"

I got no problems with the bills picks.. I got a HUGE problem with some of you that cant keep an opinion for more than a week.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 11:10 AM
I like what Mike Golic just said. Hes 100% right. Buffalo is #1 in the league at rating Charachter and its wait and see if it works.

he also said both picks were bad value picks.. Didnt hear that part?