What does this say for Bowens and Baker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

What does this say for Bowens and Baker?

Obviously, Bowen was brought here to take Wire's space on special teams .. and they must not be too high on Baker and Bowens to go out and draft 2 safeties with their first four picks.

Whitner obviously will start and Vincent probably starts for one more year.. Then you got Baker or Bowen in the dime package (when you use three safeties).. Or is it Simpson now?

I didnt even mention Wire.

Some people are obviously on their way out. It makes no sense to cut Vincent this year, cap-wise they dont save squat.

I loved our first three draft picks but I'm a little shocked at the Simpson pick,shows me they dont care for Bowens and Baker too much.

I would ASSUME we are going to go offensive line in round five?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: What does this say for Bowens and Baker?

it says that bowens and bakers can fight for their jobs and if they play better.. they will be on the field.. nothing more, nothing less.

competition at every position.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Bowens was brought in for ST more than S IMO.

Baker is a decent back-up and I thought he had some potential but apparently the coaches doen't see him ever becoming a starter.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        Competition at every position.

The way it should be...
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

I'd say that Bowen and Baker and possibly even Vincent are going to have to fight hard for their jobs. One of them may be out. Leonard is gone.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
            it says that bowens and bakers can fight for their jobs and if they play better.. they will be on the field.. nothing more, nothing less.

competition at every position.
            If Bowens got that much money and still has to FIGHT for his job, then why in the hell did we sign him in March and give him a signing bonus?

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Jesus.
              I forgot about Leonard.. Wow

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Wire and Leonard are going to be out for sure..
                Whitner and Vincent will start.. Simpson and Bowens are the backups and I'd assume Baker makes the team as well.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                  ....formerly OhBF
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Bowens was brought in for ST more than S IMO.......
                  This all adds up to....bye bye Coy Wire.....
                  Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                  own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OhBF
                    This all adds up to....bye bye Coy Wire.....

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

I think Wire will be on team this year and then we will have *****ing/whining.moaning/etc and people will question Marv Levy's GM abilities and that is pathetic from those who never worked for a NFL team in their life.

If he makes the team it is because he is better than other prospects or other FAs / players on roster.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        If Bowens got that much money and still has to FIGHT for his job, then why in the hell did we sign him in March and give him a signing bonus?

Bowen was brought here to start. They know what his stats were before he hurt the knee. He is also a ST stud.

That is what gets me, we draft TWO Safetys after giving him that money. It is really interesting to say the least.

I say Vincent is gone after this year period. They will start their two new draft picks you can bet on that with Bowen backing up SS and playing ST's.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                          I think Wire will be on team this year and then we will have *****ing/whining.moaning/etc and people will question Marv Levy's GM abilities and that is pathetic from those who never worked for a NFL team in their life.

If he makes the team it is because he is better than other prospects or other FAs / players on roster.
                          How many safeties you plan on having?
                          They didnt draft Whitner and Simpson to cut them, so they're locks to at least make the team.. And they signed and gave Bowens a nice bonus, so I"m sure he's going nowhere..

That's three right there. I highly doubt they are cutting Vincent as he's still at least for short-term their best safety. That's four.

So between Baker, Wire and Leonard- Two of them are gone. The bills nor any team in their right mind is keeping SIX safeties on their roster.

Of those three, Wire is by FAR the worst in coverage (not a good thing for a cover two), Bowens is regarded as a GREAT special teams player and obviously now thats why he was brought to this team.

On top of that, Wire saves much more money against the cap (like $650k) by cutting him, whom again I"ll say with Bowens on special teams is unlikely to fit any role here.

So I dont think it's *****in/whining.. Its an EDUCATED guess that he's on his way out.. and its a FACT that at least 1-2 safeties are gone.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            ....So between Baker, Wire and Leonard- Two of them are gone. The bills nor any team in their right mind is keeping SIX safeties on their roster.

Of those three, Wire is by FAR the worst in coverage (not a good thing for a cover two), Bowens is regarded as a GREAT special teams player and obviously now thats why he was brought to this team.

On top of that, Wire saves much more money against the cap (like $650k) by cutting him, whom again I"ll say with Bowens on special teams is unlikely to fit any role here.

So I dont think it's *****in/whining.. Its an EDUCATED guess that he's on his way out.. and its a FACT that at least 1-2 safeties are gone.
                            That's my take, too. Unless they decide to let Vincent go this year--which I really doubt, but who knows--2 of the 3 others have to go.

Bowen can do on STs what Wire has done for the Bills and is a better pass defender for the Cover 2, so I see Wire as being expendable and gone. As much as I like Leonard, I just think that Baker is a better, faster athlete and with his experience probably has a much better chance of sticking with the team than Leonard--unless they see enough Mark Kelso in Leonard to keep him, but with Simpson, Whitner and Bowen, I doubt they will see enough value in that to keep him over Baker.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Vincent will be gone after this year tops and marvs two new guys will start.

Comment

Working...
                              X