X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Well our draft thus far must not be too bad

I haven't seen us on any lists of draft day losers yet. Just like on the lists of FA winners and losers, we aren't on either side. Must mean we are average. I can live with that.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Well our draft thus far must not be too bad

I wanna be a winner, not average, and I don't think that's asking alot.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

someone posted an article yesterday from Fox sports that had the Whitner pick listed as the worst of the first day.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

yea and Clayton has us on ESPN as being the biggest losers of day 1

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Who cares you bunch of whiners.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

CZAR'S FRONT OFFICE TAKE: The first shocker came from ancient GM Marv Levy. Ohio State safety Donte Whitner was considered to be selected in the bottom third of the first round. Whitner, though, is very smart and athletic and with quality football instincts. He likes to play close to the line of scrimmage and is a vocal leader. New Buffalo coach Dick Jauron must be fine with J.P. Losman as his quarterback. Could it be that teams are really questioning Leinart's throwing elbow and arm strength? The bottom line is that Leinart wasn't helped much by new big-time agent Tom Condon, who was supposed to move him up the ladder in the draft. Whitner wasn't really a reach for the Bills, who simply decided to go for the defensive back over a defensive lineman.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

So far Schein is the only one who says it was a bad pick. I also read somewhere that Marv tried to trade down to no takers, and Schein says that he didn't want to trade

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Don Banks didn't like it either.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                  Who cares you bunch of whiners.

apparently Gunz cares- he's the one that started the thread.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Sypher
                    • Sep 2003

The ESPN guys were already crapping on Buffalos pick for McCargo. Saying they traded up for an even more crappier pick...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

But they were right now. What if buffalo selected Simpson instead of mccargo and mccargo in simpsons spot. Then noone would be talking bad about it.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Considering that Youbouty was in the top 5 picks on Mel Kiper's best available list all day yesterday, I think we did ok.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

I find it interesting that someone on ESPN just said what I did yesterday: if the Bills drafted Youboty at the bottom of the 1st Round and McCargo in the third nobody would be saying anything bad about them and would be saying they's have a good draft.

While I--like a lot of Bills fans--would be unhappy about the lack of offensive linemen in the group, if someone told us before the draft that the Bills would get Whitner, Youboty, Simpson and McCargo out of this draft, we would be wondering how Marv managed to get that many highly rated players. Depending on who the Bills take in the up-coming rounds, the group of players that the Bills come out of this draft with could be a lot better than anyone would have anticipated three days ago.

Personally, I am shocked at some of the players that have been taken so far--by all of the different teams--and some of the players who I really thought would be long gone by now who are still on the board.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                            I find it interesting that someone on ESPN just said what I did yesterday: if the Bills drafted Youboty at the bottom of the 1st Round and McCargo in the third nobody would be saying anything bad about them and would be saying they's have a good draft.

While I--like a lot of Bills fans--would be unhappy about the lack of offensive linemen in the group, if someone told us before the draft that the Bills would get Whitner, Youboty, Simpson and McCargo out of this draft, we would be wondering how Marv managed to get that many highly rated players. Depending on who the Bills take in the up-coming rounds, the group of players that the Bills come out of this draft with could be a lot better than anyone would have anticipated three days ago.

Personally, I am shocked at some of the players that have been taken so far--by all of the different teams--and some of the players who I really thought would be long gone by now who are still on the board.
                            We could've had Whitner and McCargo and two other draft picks too. Marv messed up and doesn't understand the value of the draft.

Don't give me this stuff "if this guy was selected here and this one there blah blah blah"

Youboty obviously wasn't a 1st round pick or there wouldn't have been more then a dozen CB's drafted ahead of him. I like the pick of Youboty but don't give me this crap "If he was drafted there" He wasn't drafted there. He was passed on by all the of the 2nd round. That is his value.

Comment

Working...
                            X