PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mortensen is a moron

Sportsuser101
04-30-2006, 11:03 AM
So he knows what every team was going to do? I can't stand these guys.

The Spaz
04-30-2006, 11:04 AM
I was just saying how the **** does he know where the players are goign to go and what round.

Bufftp
04-30-2006, 11:05 AM
He doesn't. He is paid to talk. So he talks. It works people pay attention. Some people ***** about him. But people pay attention, so it works.

BlackMetalNinja
Why not, 90% of the people here seem to think they do to??

Romes
He's still trying to defend his buddy TD by ripping the new buffalo leadership

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 11:06 AM
It's what MORT gets PAID to do, he's being honest, you dont like what he said, that makes him a MORON?

$20 says if Mort said the Bills got STEALS on their picks you'd be praising him, not calling him a moron.

I happen to agree with him 100%.. I think Whitner and McCargo are going to be good players.. I dont think they needed to give up a third rounder to get McCargo and I also think they could have traded down and EASILY gotten Whitner.. Detroit was NOT taking Whitner at nine.

And dont even think about calling me a Bills Basher.. I LOVE both of those picks. But they could have had the same two players, and GAINED a day one draft pick, not lost one.

Bottom line.. Good picks, and bad value management my Marv.

Sportsuser101
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
It's what MORT gets PAID to do, he's being honest, you dont like what he said, that makes him a MORON?

$20 says if Mort said the Bills got STEALS on their picks you'd be praising him, not calling him a moron.

I happen to agree with him 100%.. I think Whitner and McCargo are going to be good players.. I dont think they needed to give up a third rounder to get McCargo and I also think they could have traded down and EASILY gotten Whitner.. Detroit was NOT taking Whitner at nine.

And dont even think about calling me a Bills Basher.. I LOVE both of those picks. But they could have had the same two players, and GAINED a day one draft pick, not lost one.

Yes he is a moron because he doesn't know what the teams behind the Bills were going to do. Nobody does so you shouldn't even say that.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Mort is a moron on anything he says. Hes donahoes little buddy. Always has been. Clayton is smarter and thats not saying much lol

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Just because he doesn't agree with our draft doesn't make him a moron. Many analysts aren't liking our draft. I will agree that Levy probably could have played his hand better but I do like the players we have taken and feel like all of them could contribute this season.

Tatonka
04-30-2006, 11:12 AM

i agree completely.. when he talks about the bills it comes across as sour grapes.. like he is mad they fired his buddy and inside source.

the best part was he basically said "all of these guys are good players.. but they took them in the wrong spots."

then kiper said, "if you would have switched youboty and mccargo, no one would have said anything".. kiper also defended the whitner pick.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes he is a moron because he doesn't know what the teams behind the Bills were going to do. Nobody does so you shouldn't even say that.

I have not heard it myself.. But I heard that Matt MIllen openly said that Michael Huff was number one on their board and ernie sims was number two, and they took Sims.

The next picks: Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Eagles and Broncos were NOT taking a safety..

Im not hating on Marv.. I think he made the RIGHT draft choices, I like Whitner being picked more than I liked Bunkley had he been picked.. However, I think his lack of experience at GM hurt him in this draft because he could have gotten these guys and probably another draft pick, instead of losing one.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I have not heard it myself.. But I heard that Matt MIllen openly said that Michael Huff was number one on their board and ernie sims was number two, and they took Sims.

The next picks: Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Eagles and Broncos were NOT taking a safety..

Im not hating on Marv.. I think he made the RIGHT draft choices, I like Whitner being picked more than I liked Bunkley had he been picked.. However, I think his lack of experience at GM hurt him in this draft because he could have gotten these guys and probably another draft pick, instead of losing one.
Just because Millen said that doesn't mean that we should take it as fact. It could have been blowing smoke. What if we traded down to 12 and Whitner, Bunkley and Ngata were all gone?

LABillsFan
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
He knows because it's the day after when all the picks were made. But draft day you don't know for sure. Why didn't he say that Matt L was going to drop to 10, or the Jets would take 2 QB's, or talk about the trades that happened. It's Monday morning QB'ing when teams have nothing to lose by talking about the previous day.

Night Train
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM

Spot on. If TD made these exact picks, he'd be sticking up for them. He's going out of his way to rag on Buffalo now. Obviously still sticking up for TD in some misdirected manner.

ESPN is just terrible. Thank God for the NFL Network.

BillsFever21
04-30-2006, 11:43 AM

:clap:

Marv is an ancient senile old bastard. He shouldn't be in this position. Ralph is even more of a bastard for hiring him and giving him this responsiblity.

Marv isn't qualified to work the draft and get the best value out of your picks. He proved that yesterday when losing draft picks when he could've still had the same players.