X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Chris Mortensen is a moron

So he knows what every team was going to do? I can't stand these guys.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Chris Mortensen is a moron

I was just saying how the **** does he know where the players are goign to go and what round.

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

He doesn't. He is paid to talk. So he talks. It works people pay attention. Some people ***** about him. But people pay attention, so it works.
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Why not, 90% of the people here seem to think they do to??

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

He's still trying to defend his buddy TD by ripping the new buffalo leadership
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

It's what MORT gets PAID to do, he's being honest, you dont like what he said, that makes him a MORON?

$20 says if Mort said the Bills got STEALS on their picks you'd be praising him, not calling him a moron.

I happen to agree with him 100%.. I think Whitner and McCargo are going to be good players.. I dont think they needed to give up a third rounder to get McCargo and I also think they could have traded down and EASILY gotten Whitner.. Detroit was NOT taking Whitner at nine.

And dont even think about calling me a Bills Basher.. I LOVE both of those picks. But they could have had the same two players, and GAINED a day one draft pick, not lost one.

Bottom line.. Good picks, and bad value management my Marv.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              It's what MORT gets PAID to do, he's being honest, you dont like what he said, that makes him a MORON?

$20 says if Mort said the Bills got STEALS on their picks you'd be praising him, not calling him a moron.

I happen to agree with him 100%.. I think Whitner and McCargo are going to be good players.. I dont think they needed to give up a third rounder to get McCargo and I also think they could have traded down and EASILY gotten Whitner.. Detroit was NOT taking Whitner at nine.

And dont even think about calling me a Bills Basher.. I LOVE both of those picks. But they could have had the same two players, and GAINED a day one draft pick, not lost one.

Yes he is a moron because he doesn't know what the teams behind the Bills were going to do. Nobody does so you shouldn't even say that.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Mort is a moron on anything he says. Hes donahoes little buddy. Always has been. Clayton is smarter and thats not saying much lol

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Just because he doesn't agree with our draft doesn't make him a moron. Many analysts aren't liking our draft. I will agree that Levy probably could have played his hand better but I do like the players we have taken and feel like all of them could contribute this season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                    i agree completely.. when he talks about the bills it comes across as sour grapes.. like he is mad they fired his buddy and inside source.

the best part was he basically said "all of these guys are good players.. but they took them in the wrong spots."

then kiper said, "if you would have switched youboty and mccargo, no one would have said anything".. kiper also defended the whitner pick.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                      Yes he is a moron because he doesn't know what the teams behind the Bills were going to do. Nobody does so you shouldn't even say that.
                      I have not heard it myself.. But I heard that Matt MIllen openly said that Michael Huff was number one on their board and ernie sims was number two, and they took Sims.

The next picks: Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Eagles and Broncos were NOT taking a safety..

Im not hating on Marv.. I think he made the RIGHT draft choices, I like Whitner being picked more than I liked Bunkley had he been picked.. However, I think his lack of experience at GM hurt him in this draft because he could have gotten these guys and probably another draft pick, instead of losing one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I have not heard it myself.. But I heard that Matt MIllen openly said that Michael Huff was number one on their board and ernie sims was number two, and they took Sims.

The next picks: Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Eagles and Broncos were NOT taking a safety..

Im not hating on Marv.. I think he made the RIGHT draft choices, I like Whitner being picked more than I liked Bunkley had he been picked.. However, I think his lack of experience at GM hurt him in this draft because he could have gotten these guys and probably another draft pick, instead of losing one.
                        Just because Millen said that doesn't mean that we should take it as fact. It could have been blowing smoke. What if we traded down to 12 and Whitner, Bunkley and Ngata were all gone?

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

He knows because it's the day after when all the picks were made. But draft day you don't know for sure. Why didn't he say that Matt L was going to drop to 10, or the Jets would take 2 QB's, or talk about the trades that happened. It's Monday morning QB'ing when teams have nothing to lose by talking about the previous day.
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                            Spot on. If TD made these exact picks, he'd be sticking up for them. He's going out of his way to rag on Buffalo now. Obviously still sticking up for TD in some misdirected manner.

ESPN is just terrible. Thank God for the NFL Network.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Marv is an ancient senile old bastard. He shouldn't be in this position. Ralph is even more of a bastard for hiring him and giving him this responsiblity.

Marv isn't qualified to work the draft and get the best value out of your picks. He proved that yesterday when losing draft picks when he could've still had the same players.

Comment

Working...
                              X