PDA

View Full Version : This is what you bought with Levy...

ratso
04-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I cannot believe any true Bills Fan is not used to "reaches" under this management. Let us not forget that the Super Bowl teams were all built on "reaches" from glorified Dungeon and Dragon players who watch this garbage for sixteen hours a day and worse make it their full time profession.

Let's see. We were nuts to take Henry Jones that high, as well as Fina, Burris, Ballard, J.D Williams we could have gotten in the third etc...

But we were genius to take Bernard Ford, J.P Losman and Thomas Smith.

This is what we want, a guy running the draft who will take football players and not names. Character guys built this franchise. This is the formula Polian and Butler (RIP) took with them to their respective new teams and look how it went for them. Does Lienhart sound appealing-yes. Was he one of the best college QB's I ever saw-Yes. Did I say that about Ryan Leaf-yes. Did ten other teams who some needed a QB pass him by-Yes.

Nobody knows what Levy thought of Bunkley or that lard ass from Oregon when he sat them down and talked to them but I can imagine it was what you would expect from a thug from Florida State and a guy who is known to give up on plays during the biggest game of the year in frot of his student body.

We got buired in the trenches and speaking from experience by living in Chicago during the Jauron era, we will be able to win with Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman or Sammy Baugh (RIP) if his plan comes together. YOU RUN THE BALL until it hurts and let your defense take care of the rest. Remember, he went 11-5 with Jim Miller and Anthony Thomas. He was sabotaged by a GM who wanted his own soldiers in place.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Did ten other teams who some needed a QB pass him by-Yes. Nine, actually..but decent points, overall.
As far as winning with Holcomb...I just don't see it. What happens when we have a crucial situation where we have to convert a first down to even have a chance at winning the game? Holcomb threw it short the last time he was in that situation.

Turf
04-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Nine, actually..but decent points, overall.
As far as winning with Holcomb...I just don't see it. What happens when we have a crucial situation where we have to convert a first down to even have a chance at winning the game? Holcomb threw it short the last time he was in that situation.

A play that will forever set in my mind as to what kind of QB Holcomb is.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 12:12 PM
A play that will forever set in my mind as to what kind of QB Holcomb is.
Mine as well...I didn't want him as the starter but I wouldn't have been worried if he had to come in for JP in the event of an injury. Now...if the game is on the line and JP gets hurt, I'll be more worried about what Holcomb would do