X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

What could have been

I know everyone is sick of the negative crap here, and this will be the last of my whining. Ive just been thinking to myself what could have been. Its easy to look at a situation in retrospect but we could have had a hell of a draft. For starters, lets say we didnt do any trading of any picks. Now, had Marv gotten that 4th rounder from the Texans, look at the draft we could have had.

1 Bunkley
    2 Justice or Mcneil (Mcneil did allow a sack in 40 games)
    3 Youboty
    3 Gilles
    4 Bing
    4 Simpson

Bunkley, Justice/Mcneil, Youboty, and Gilles are, or were considered 1st round picks at one time. Alright im done crying, just had to get that out.
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Re: What could have been

Yawn
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

Wht could have been with TD

RB
      WR
      RB
      LB
      LB
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

sorry to bore you, i forgot the actual bills draft is so thrilling.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
          I know everyone is sick of the negative crap here, and this will be the last of my whining. Ive just been thinking to myself what could have been. Its easy to look at a situation in retrospect but we could have had a hell of a draft. For starters, lets say we didnt do any trading of any picks. Now, had Marv gotten that 4th rounder from the Texans, look at the draft we could have had.

1 Bunkley
          3 Youboty
          3 Gilles
          4 Bing
          4 Simpson

Bunkley, Justice/Mcneil, Youboty, and Gilles are, or were considered 1st round picks at one time. Alright im done crying, just had to get that out.
          Who plays DT? Sape? Anderson?

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Anderson - drafted by Donahoe

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

ummm...yes...what are you getting at? all im saying with this thread is we had a shot at the #1 DT in the draft, the #2 Olineman and one of the better guards in the draft (Gilles). Then, Youboty and Bing who are both considered top 5 at their position in the draft. I thought we needed to fill holes. This would have been a nice way to do it.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

who plays tackle mcCargo? who needs the next corey simon, when you can have jon mcCargo. who needs the second best olineman in the draft (Justice or McNeil) when you can have Brad Butler from Virginia. Who needs the one of the top guards in the draft (gilles), when you can have Aaron Merz from freakin New Mexico (tough competition out there). Yeah, what am i thinking, we sure fixed our line problems...

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

1 Bunkley
                    3 Youboty
                    3 Gilles
                    4 Bing
                    4 Simpson

I have come to except the guys we drafted. I think they will for the most part pan out. HOWEVER I would have been MUCH happier with your draft!

I like Bunkley over McCargo
                    Juctice over all of our OL picks
                    Youboty push
                    Giles over all of our OL picks
                    Bing same a Whinter
                    Simpson push

Again our draft was our draft, but I would hope that most of us could agree that WillisMcNasty21 was every bit as good and in my opinion better than what we did! I also think his draft address more of our immediate needs! I guess time will tell?
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

1 Bunkley
                      3 Youboty
                      3 Gilles
                      4 Bing
                      4 Simpson

I understand your point, but I don't know what you expect from the guys doing the drafting... Ms. Cleo is not on the payroll last I checked..

Outside of Bunkley, the argument can be made that EVERY other player you mention WASN'T even supposed to BE there where you say you'd have picked them... according to the 'experts' of course.

With the draft over, you could easily go through the other 30 teams (not counting the Pats of course... they can do no wrong...), and come up with picks that look better on paper.

Hindsight. 20-20.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                        I understand your point, but I don't know what you expect from the guys doing the drafting... Ms. Cleo is not on the payroll last I checked..

Outside of Bunkley, the argument can be made that EVERY other player you mention WASN'T even supposed to BE there where you say you'd have picked them... according to the 'experts' of course.

With the draft over, you could easily go through the other 30 teams (not counting the Pats of course... they can do no wrong...), and come up with picks that look better on paper.

Hindsight. 20-20.
                        You are correct JJ, but some of coaches and GM's around the league (the Giants and D. Green have a philosophy and that is let the draft come to you, not the other way around! Probably would have workout better!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• carybillsfan
                          • Aug 2003

Plain and simple, we were never going to take Bunkley. I saw him and McCargo play and I don't see a big difference between them, I think it's a wash, noe of the DT' in this draft really impressed me. I liked Marv's strategy though going after a safety first, a guy like Reed, Polamalu, and Roy Williams change the defense dynamic. Having some fat ass up front that doesn't even play every down is just a body to plug a hole and free up LB's. I'll take a ball hawking safety before any DT in the game. I would much rather take the guy I wanted even if it was a reach at 8, than trade down end up with someone else's garbage and second guess yourself later.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                            Wht could have been with TD

RB
                            WR
                            RB
                            LB
                            LB
                            close-but one of the LB's would be a "motor" DE in a TD draft
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz

Hindsight. 20-20.
                              agreed, thats why i said its easy to look at a situation after the fact. I agree with kgun, you let the draft come to you. I think Marv freaked out and didnt understand the value of our picks. Not that I dont like our picks, I just believe would could have gone about getting our needs entirely different.

Comment

Working...
                              X