X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

I must say I'm impressed

We got some very good football players in this draft and added that they are all high character guys is an even bigger plus. I think Marv and company have done a superb job with this draft.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: I must say I'm impressed

I agree. Now only if we can get 1 good OLmen

Comment

• STAMPY
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

i want football players, i don't give a **** about how cherp in church

Comment

• J TES
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
        We got some very good football players in this draft and added that they are all high character guys is an even bigger plus. I think Marv and company have done a superb job with this draft.
        Homer...Stop drinkin the coolaid

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
          I want football players that aren't on suspension or holding out for more money

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by J TES
            Homer...Stop drinkin the coolaid
            Learn how to spell and then you can comment.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              ohm
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
                I'd rather have football players who aren't going to spend the offseasons fighting criminal charges every year
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Character's great, but that doesn't excuse not seeing a good deal when it stares you in the face. I understand that the Bills valued Whitner and McCargo greatly, but Whitner probably (almost definitely) could have eben had at #15 and McCargo could have been had 15 picks later. I like the players and the philosophy that's been followed, just not the strategy to come to this outcome. This is a once in a year opportunity... making the most of what you have is pivotal.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                    Character's great, but that doesn't excuse not seeing a good deal when it stares you in the face. I understand that the Bills valued Whitner and McCargo greatly, but Whitner probably (almost definitely) could have eben had at #15 and McCargo could have been had 15 picks later. I like the players and the philosophy that's been followed, just not the strategy to come to this outcome. This is a once in a year opportunity... making the most of what you have is pivotal.
                    What is shows me is two things

1) they were REALLY high on both Whitner and McCargo. I have no problem with that, the media doesnt dictate who the team should be high on.

2) Marv never had a backup plan besides these two guys.
                    Meaning: Marv could've traded down and still 95% sure still had Whitner. He didnt have a backup plan on the other five percent had someone taken Whitner. And the same with McCargo.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

The issue that I think Marv faced with McCargo was that there was a big drop-off at DT after him and the word was out that, if they didn't get Carpenter, the Giants were interested in McCargo to replace K.Clancy, who they lost in free agency.

Marv had to choose between going Bunkley-Bullucks or Whitner/McCargo if he was going to get a DT and S with the first two picks and obviously liked the second combination better. I think that's why they were talking about a trade with Chicago on Friday night as a contingency to jump ahead of the NY Giants for McCargo. I don't think they wanted any DT after McCargo/Bunkley on their board. And, I think they liked Whitner better than any safety on the board other than perhaps Huff and didn't want to risk settling for whoever might be there even with Chicago's first round pick.

I don't think they came into this draft seeing the offensive line as being anywhere near the priority that defense and particularly safety and DT were. Their subsequent picks have kind of showed that.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                        The issue that I think Marv faced with McCargo was that there was a big drop-off at DT after him and the word was out that, if they didn't get Carpenter, the Giants were interested in McCargo to replace K.Clancy, who they lost in free agency.

Marv had to choose between going Bunkley-Bullucks or Whitner/McCargo if he was going to get a DT and S with the first two picks and obviously liked the second combination better. I think that's why they were talking about a trade with Chicago on Friday night as a contingency to jump ahead of the NY Giants for McCargo. I don't think they wanted any DT after McCargo/Bunkley on their board. And, I think they liked Whitner better than any safety on the board other than perhaps Huff and didn't want to risk settling for whoever might be there even with Chicago's first round pick.

I don't think they came into this draft seeing the offensive line as being anywhere near the priority that defense and particularly safety and DT were. Their subsequent picks have kind of showed that.
                        You're right about that and rather than just jump to a conclusion, I have already been working on an article about that.. how did you find out about that? I was just about to post that on a thread (a blurb of it anyway)

I been doing a A LOT of research and I talked to someone who covers the Giants, they were thrown for a loop TRUST me on that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• That Guy
                          • Apr 2004

I don't think these guys are just character guys, though. We have drafted at least 2 starters for next year, and all of these guys seem to have potential start/contribute in the future.

In fact, Ko Simpson seems to be the antithesis of 'character guy'. He left after his sophomore year in college, barely had NCAA-required grades, only attended 4 semesters at South Carolina. Looks like a damn good football player, though.

I am very happy with this draft now. I give it a solid B. We filled need positions, and we got some good value picks. I also believe that McCargo would have been gone at 42 (rumors are that the Giants wanted him at the end of the first, but regardless most teams had him as the 3rd-best DT).

Comment

• tonyc37
                            • Jan 2006

Your an idiot.Our o-line has the same left tackle that everyone crusified T.D. for.You can't it both ways.Gandy isn't good enough and we haven't done anything to fix that.Anf MacNally is the same o-line coach who couldn't get a decent unit on the fiekd and he supposedly is the best o-line coach around even though I have my doubts about that.I unlike you have coached football at highschool,and at the minor league levels and I'm telling you Marv didn't fix the o-line

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tonyc37
                              I unlike you have coached football at highschool,and at the minor league levels and I'm telling you Marv didn't fix the o-line
                              Yikes , another ICE. If you're not ICE's alias ,you're in trouble tony. ICE has better qualifications than you do but both of you NEVER coached at the NFL level.

BTW genius, when calling someone an idiot, use "You're"
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X