• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Something u Should know about the McCargo Pick

This is just a blurb, I been working on a peice for a publication and I've got some good quotes from more than one source.

But any "expert" who says the Bills could have gotten McCargo in Round two at #42 is wrong..

The New York Giants traded down at #25 with the PIttsburgh Steelers to #32.

The Steelers called to make the trade because they wanted Santonio Holmes and were shocked he was on the board.

The Giants were more than willing to move down because the player they were taking at 25 they figured would be on the board at 32.

That player was John McCargo. they were going to draft him to replace Kendrick Clancy, who fled to Arizona. Up until last week, the Giants were expected to land Grady Jackson but that didn't happen.

Buffalo moved up ahead of the GIants and took McCargo. The Giants then at 32 took Kiwi, surprising considering the giants have a pair of sack-machine DE's.

SO if you want to (and I have as well) say that Whitner at 8 was too high and we could have traded down, that's almost surely right.

But Marv coveted McCargo and if people think we could have drafted him anyway in round two. You're 100% WRONG.

The Giants were taking McCargo.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Re: Something u Should know about the McCargo Pick

Nice job Pat, he had started to impress a lot of people, including, obviously, Marv and co.

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Look at what happened after that pick. The next DT went at 68. There's your value right there. To think nobody in the league would look at McCargo is shortsighted.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Good info Pat, but people will still ***** about the pick.

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

I like the pick as long as the injury is not an issue anymore...
          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Give credit to Lifetime Bills fan too, who also saw some of this scenario play out.

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

I keep reading the reports on these picks over at NFL.com and I continue to see a few common threads between them
              All see to be fairly intelligent, all seem to have a great work ethic, no plays taken off type of guys. So what if you can bench press 300 lbs 500 times, it won't do you any good if you can't tell north from south or if your sitting in jail for substance abuse or domestic violence. I really think we've picked well. Names mean nothing, only field performance matters.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I agree with that.. marv aint out to please the fans, if he was, he wouldnt be signing so many no'names..

He's doing what HE thinks is right to build this team, we'll see.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  This is just a blurb, I been working on a peice for a publication and I've got some good quotes from more than one source.

But any "expert" who says the Bills could have gotten McCargo in Round two at #42 is wrong..

The New York Giants traded down at #25 with the PIttsburgh Steelers to #32.

The Steelers called to make the trade because they wanted Santonio Holmes and were shocked he was on the board.

The Giants were more than willing to move down because the player they were taking at 25 they figured would be on the board at 32.

That player was John McCargo. they were going to draft him to replace Kendrick Clancy, who fled to Arizona. Up until last week, the Giants were expected to land Grady Jackson but that didn't happen.

Buffalo moved up ahead of the GIants and took McCargo. The Giants then at 32 took Kiwi, surprising considering the giants have a pair of sack-machine DE's.

SO if you want to (and I have as well) say that Whitner at 8 was too high and we could have traded down, that's almost surely right.

But Marv coveted McCargo and if people think we could have drafted him anyway in round two. You're 100% WRONG.

The Giants were taking McCargo.
                  Link? If you are going to say that this was 100% so please show us a link and or let us contact that source. I would like some proof.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    Link? If you are going to say that this was 100% so please show us a link and or let us contact that source. I would like some proof.
                    puhlease, you've never come up with links when your so called "sources" said this and that. Pot calling the kettle.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      puhlease, you've never come up with links when your so called "sources" said this and that. Pot calling the kettle.
                      Link please.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Is there a link to prove this Pat or is it just heresay??

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

There was some speculation that Whitner might be taken by Cleveland. Whitner's DB coach now coaches for Cleveland and while the Bills might have entertained a trade, nothing was presented that they felt was beneficial to their board.

Also, the Ravens were supposedly interested in him as well and wanted to pull him in along side Reed.

Rumor has it that Philly and Denver both contacted the Bills for a trade. Marv and Modrak didn't believe that either offer was suitable. The Bills were hoping that either Huff, or D'Brickashaw might fall to them at the 8 overall. That didn't happen and the Bills went with whom they felt was the next best thing to Huff.

I also heard that Buffalo had Leinart as a 2nd round pick on their board, and Young as a 3rd.

Denver wanted a QB. They had their sights set on Leinart once things begin to fall apart for the USC QB, but the compensation wasn't enough. Philly wanted a DT, and chose Bunkley when it came their time to pick.

I also heard the Giants were taking McCargo.

Here's my problem with the scenerio though:

Take Bunkley or Ngata with the first overall and then go after a Saftey with your 2nd pick. If you had to trade up for Whitner, so be it.

I just think that the Bills might have had tunnel vision on this guy.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

I dont know if its true or not but as I said at the time of the pick I dont believe McCargo would have fallen.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Wow today I see myself siding with Pat in the PAT Vs. ICE wars. Good job pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X