PDA

View Full Version : Check out the video of our new OT Brad Butler....

Michael82
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
I can't believe Marv drafted this piece of ****. :ill:

http://media.putfile.com/CheapShotUVa_Kiwi25

The Spaz
04-30-2006, 02:35 PM
He's Jon Runyan...maybe.

Crisis
04-30-2006, 02:36 PM
That's the same guy?

WTF.

mikemac2001
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
he did a decent job blocking :(

The_Philster
:wtf: :down:

Michael82
That's the same guy?

WTF.
Yup, thats the guy we drafted. :cynic:

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Mikey. If you think he's a pos you are sadly mistaken.

There is a lot more to that story than the video. I saw that game and I read everything about it in the ensuing weeks. It was a very big deal here.

Whether or not he makes the team, Brad Butler is a great kid.

mikemac2001
hey we didnt see whole game it was a cheap shot but maybe kiwi took one on him we dont know that...

Crisis
I hope his ass gets cut.

I liked Marv's draft but this guy is just a POS.

Michael82
he did a decent job blocking :(
:rofl:

Crisis
What's the full story on it?

Michael82
04-30-2006, 02:40 PM

There is a lot more to that story than the video. I saw that game and I read everything about it in the ensuing weeks. It was a very big deal here.

Whether or not he makes the team, Brad Butler is a great kid.
I remember all the posts here when that cheap shot happened. Everyone here was ripping him for it. It was uncalled for and the kid was suspended for 1 game for doing it. Many people thought he deserved more. yes, I don't live in Virginia, so i don't know the rest of the story...if u know more, please share with us and make us feel better. :up:

Slim
04-30-2006, 02:41 PM
It's better than him hugging him or something.

justasportsfan
High motor. Obviously never gave up on that play :couch:

Michael82
:lmao: that is just wrong.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 02:42 PM
A day one pick woulda been a lock, but a 5th rounder at tackle is anything but a lock to make the team. He's pure competition for our backups: Gibson, McFarland and Jermain. He'll have to outperform 2 of those 3 probably to make the team.

He'll likely head to the practice squad in '06, though u never know.

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Whether or not he makes the team, Brad Butler is a great kid. I'd appreciate it if you tell us what happened there.

ryjam282
04-30-2006, 02:44 PM
If you look at the video, look at his reaction before he does the low block. Looks like Kiwi grabbed or pushed him in the "package". His reactions shows as though something was done to him and it was a reaction. One play doesn't give the story on a guy. If he was keeping Kiwi in check all day maybe they were just jawing and Kiwi went for his "package" and he reacted. I have nothing against that. In fact, I like a guy with that kind of mean streak. He isn't going to take any crap from nobody.

patmoran2006
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
and I've seen that video 1,000 times but forgot it was butler who did that.

There's no place in football for that.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
If you look at the video, look at his reaction before he does the low block. Looks like Kiwi grabbed or pushed him in the "package". His reactions shows as though something was done to him and it was a reaction. One play doesn't give the story on a guy. If he was keeping Kiwi in check all day maybe they were just jawing and Kiwi went for his "package" and he reacted. I have nothing against that. In fact, I like a guy with that kind of mean streak. He isn't going to take any crap from nobody.
Hopefully he'll do a cheap shot against Jason Taylor or Richard Seymour. :snicker:

:jk:

Crisis
04-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Hopefully he'll do a cheap shot against Jason Taylor or Richard Seymour. :snicker:

:jk:

Well, we know JT will try and grab his package so the odds are in his favor.

Pride
04-30-2006, 02:48 PM
That pretty much throws the homer's arguments of "We are drafting high character guys" out the window...

You know its sad when EVERY damn draft pick Marv has made can be questioned... whether it be for where we took a guy, who we took, or the character of someone we took. IMO Marv F'ed up this draft...

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 02:50 PM
First, it was a horrible cheap shot, and Butler was almost in tears after the game about it.
Preceeding the game, all week long the meida was hyping Mathias Kiwanuka. Because of that, I watched him very closely. Evidently, Kiwanuka was trash talking the entire game, and way, way more than normal, and was awfully late on a few plays.
The other lineman said it was unbelievable.
Anyway that play was away, and Butler tried to cut him. The refs never saw it, so no flag, though it was flagrant. Musburger went crazy.

The rest of the offensive line stated to a man that of all the players on the team, Butler was the least likely to go outside the lines while playing. He was probably the most liked guy on the team.
To a man, they came to his defense. He and Al Groh called and apologized.
Butler was suspended for the Florida state game.

Anyway, there is no doubt it was horrible, but it is the only thing that kid has ever done like that. He is extremely bright and an incredibly hard worker.

He is a great kid.

Slim
04-30-2006, 02:52 PM
First, it was a horrible cheap shot, and Butler was almost in tears after the game about it.
Preceeding the game, all week long the meida was hyping Mathias Kiwanuka. Because of that, I watched him very closely. Evidently, Kiwanuka was trash talking the entire game, and way, way more than normal, and was awfully late on a few plays.
The other lineman said it was unbelievable.
Anyway that play was away, and Butler tried to cut him. The refs never saw it, so no flag, though it was flagrant. Musburger went crazy.

The rest of the offensive line stated to a man that of all the players on the team, Butler was the least likely to go outside the lines while playing. He was probably the most liked guy on the team.
To a man, they came to his defense. He and Al Groh called and apologized.
Butler was suspended for the Florida state game.

Anyway, there is no doubt it was horrible, but it is the only thing that kid has ever done like that. He is extremely bright and an incredibley hard worker.

He is a great kid.

Everybody losses it sometimes...

Pride
04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
You guys making excuses for the guy are big hypocrites! If this was a guy the dolphins selected, you'd be blasting the hell out of him for that illegal hit.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
That pretty much throws the homer's arguments of "We are drafting high character guys" out the window...

You know its sad when EVERY damn draft pick Marv has made can be questioned... whether it be for where we took a guy, who we took, or the character of someone we took. IMO Marv F'ed up this draft...
Guess you posted this a couple minutes too soon...how's that foot taste?

!Papacrunk!
04-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Believe me, I'm not just chipping in b/c I'm a Phins fan, but that was messed up. He could've ruined that guy's career with that immature crap.

:edit:

after re-reading some of the above posts, it was a horrible shot, but if he's learned from his mistake and is sorry about it, then he's a better person for it. I guess everyone deserves a 2nd chance, I should know. It may haunt him for a long time though--with himself and other players out there.

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Everybody losses it sometimes...

I guarantee that when he gets up to WNY and gets asked about it, (and believe me- he knows its coming), you guys will understand it was a once in a lifetime thing. I honestly could not believe the support he got from his teammates. It was the top story here for a week.

As I said, he may not make the team, but this is one really good kid, and I am pretty certain that Marv , Brad and Al Groh have had that conversation.

justasportsfan
04-30-2006, 03:01 PM

While I am on the fnce with this draft since we won't know til' the games start , what amazes me is how people here b!tched and whined about Chambers catching for 200+ yds when the fins came back and burned our secondary in a 21 pt 4th qtr comeback with a back up qb and then b!tch and whine again when Marv drafts players to make sure it never happens again. :crazy:

Michael82
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Believe me, I'm not just chipping in b/c I'm a Phins fan, but that was messed up. He could've ruined that guy's career with that immature crap.

:edit:

after re-reading some of the above posts, it was a horrible shot, but if he's learned from his mistake and is sorry about it, then he's a better person for it. I guess everyone deserves a 2nd chance, I should know. It may haunt him for a long time though--with himself and other players out there.
Good post! :clap:

TigerJ
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree, cheap shot, inexcuseable regardles of what Kiwanuka did to provoke him, if anything. However, I don't believe in crucifying a player for one play, no matter who he plays for, if he takes responsibility for it and expresses genuine regret. He paid for it with a suspension. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

LtFinFan66
04-30-2006, 03:07 PM

:jk:oh yeah, thats classy:shakeno: Cheap shots normally end in injury so basicaly you are wishing injury on those guys. I am disappointed in you Mikey!

Scumbag College
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Denver does that crap all the time.

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
By the way. Nobody is making excuses.
Certainly Butler didn't.
Just explaining the way the situation developed.

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 03:39 PM
:roflmao:

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm not making excuses for the guy. He flat out shouldn't have done it.

Gil Brandt said today that Butler would have been a LT anywhere else in the league, had he not been playing opposite to D'brickshaw. I love the pick and while he needs to work on his footwork, he has a nice extention that should keep defenses at bay.

jmb1099
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, we know JT will try and grab his package so the odds are in his favor.
:roflmao:

GarnOFreak
04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
againsy taylor or seymour, just not against schobel in practice okay?

j/k...lol

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Looked like a clean hit to me. ;)

camelcowboy
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess its better to have him on our roster then a team we play against ::worry:

Michael82
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
oh yeah, thats classy:shakeno: Cheap shots normally end in injury so basicaly you are wishing injury on those guys. I am disappointed in you Mikey!
I said I was :jk:

:calm:

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Looked like a clean hit to me. ;)
why does that surprise me considering the source? :scratch:

Bert102176
04-30-2006, 04:53 PM
hey a guy on our OL with some balls

Bert102176
04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
don't agree with him doing that

Tatonka
04-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Denver does that crap all the time.

i was just thinking the same thing! :rofl:

the scouting report on the guy said he had a very nasty mean streak.. i guess it is a "end your career" kind of mean streak..

i personally dont care.. as long has he keeps the qb safe, blocks his guy, and doesnt get a penalty.. i could give a crap.

:up:

Bert102176
04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
really as long as he does what Tatonka said hell he's cool with me

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
The minute Bills fans meet this guy, any questions about that incident will be over.
He does have a mean streak. In fact he wants to get into Virgina politics after the NFL.

TedMock
04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
This is a f****n joke. The kid has been nothing but a model citizen his entire college career. ONE STUPID lapse in judgement does not make him a p.o.s. Talk about being hypicritical. So, you never lost your temper huh? It happens, especially on a football field. Ask ANY UVA FAN if he's a cheap shot artist, and they will tell you 'no.' Gimme a break with this. Typical for our fan base lately to just look for any bad in a new player. It was one play, people. Relax. Yet, so many well-wish Eric Moulds, and Travis Henry when they leave. I know, they were such classy humans. Sleeping with minors, spitting on people, illegit children, domestic abuse, drug suspensions, etc. Hey, at least they never through a cheap block. Now THAT would just be classless. Lighten up, folks. This has really gotten pathetic already.

Captain gameboy
04-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Easy Ted.
I think everyones calmed down about it.

Gunzlingr
04-30-2006, 05:27 PM
I seem to recall nobody liking Big Mike because is was too nice, I thought you would all be jumping for joy that we drafted a lineman that gets emotional and nasty.

Dr. Lecter
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Since I am at home and on dial-up, can somebody describe exactly what happened? I'll watch it at work tomorrow if I get the chance.

TedMock
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
I apologize. I just feel that I'm one of the few who indeed liked this draft. I think it's very refreshing when compared to what we're accustomed to. Of course I just keep seeing the "experts" rip it apart, and I knew that our own fans would be just as bad. Now having gone through the board here, I'm pleasantly surprised with our overall reactions. I over reacted.

STAMPY
04-30-2006, 05:31 PM
I respect that SPUNK that Attitude. Shows some aggrssion. We need that!

Ingtar33
04-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Please... that happens once a game in the nfl.

John runyan made a career doing that and was called "gritty" or "tough nosed". The whole Denver o-line does that... every game.

You people are going nuts because you're ticked about the draft (understandably), however, your anger is being transposed onto a perfectly fine OL prospect.

Personally I was surprised Butler fell past the 3rd round.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Please... that happens once a game in the nfl.

John runyan made a career doing that and was called "gritty" or "tough nosed". The whole Denver o-line does that... every game.

You people are going nuts because you're ticked about the draft (understandably), however, your anger is being transposed onto a perfectly fine OL prospect.

Personally I was surprised Butler fell past the 3rd round.
damn, sounds like another steal for the Bills.....

Youboty, Simpson, Butler, Williams

:clap:

Dozerdog
04-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Since I am at home and on dial-up, can somebody describe exactly what happened? I'll watch it at work tomorrow if I get the chance.Basically, after a play when BC DE Kiwanuka was walking away, Butler went for his knees from behind.

Very blatant and unneccissary.

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Show me more video or post more stories in regards to Butler taking cheap shots....

Good luck.

If anything it shows he needs to not let trash talkers get in his head.

Lesson learned....move on.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2006, 06:42 PM
So much for that we only get guys with good character BS, eh?

Turf
04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I bet the other guy finally STFU.

I like him.

The_Philster
04-30-2006, 06:44 PM
So much for that we only get guys with good character BS, eh?
might wanna take a look at more posts in the thread than just the first couple ;)

realdealryan
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
So what flew away from one of their helmets right before they separated? It looked like a mouthpiece. Kiwaaaaaahhhhatever was being a bit on the physical side and then got his left arm up under his jaw (smack, punch, pull the chin strap, whatever it was) and then something flew out of there. So obviously something happened and he reacted.

There can't really be any way to condone his actions, but he was a man about it and owned up to his f**kup. He apologized and we can be even more sure of what kind of high character he has.

That said- I'm just as glad as everyone else to see that we drafted a guy who is not a pushover. He has a breaking point and he will stand up to the s**ttalkers in the NFL. With this incident behind him, you can be damn sure he won't react like this again.

PS- he pretty much owned Kiarihpeauka on that play, and I'm not talking about the cheap shot.

Michael82
05-01-2006, 10:03 AM
So what flew away from one of their helmets right before they separated? It looked like a mouthpiece. Kiwaaaaaahhhhatever was being a bit on the physical side and then got his left arm up under his jaw (smack, punch, pull the chin strap, whatever it was) and then something flew out of there. So obviously something happened and he reacted.

There can't really be any way to condone his actions, but he was a man about it and owned up to his f**kup. He apologized and we can be even more sure of what kind of high character he has.

That said- I'm just as glad as everyone else to see that we drafted a guy who is not a pushover. He has a breaking point and he will stand up to the s**ttalkers in the NFL. With this incident behind him, you can be damn sure he won't react like this again.

PS- he pretty much owned Kiarihpeauka on that play, and I'm not talking about the cheap shot.
Good post! :bf1:

justasportsfan
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
you changing your mind again Mikey?

Michael82
05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
you changing your mind again Mikey?
:rolleyes:

In case you didn't notice, there was a lot of people that changed their minds once they got the facts. So get off my ****ing back about changing my mind.

bigbub2352
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
high charachter guy thats what we r looking for

STAMPY
05-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Mikey you do flip flop alot. You are the John Kerry of Billszone. You overreact a lot

SkapePhin
05-01-2006, 07:45 PM
A real winner there.. Only a trash organization would draft someone like that..

Captain gameboy
05-01-2006, 07:53 PM

Let me make this as clear as I can.

Only a moron with absolutely no knowlege of Brad Butler and his four years at UVA would make the statement you just made.

Waste your time somewhere else.

mysticsoto
05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Let me make this as clear as I can.

Only a moron with absolutely no knowlege of Brad Butler and his four years at UVA would make the statement you just made.

Waste your time somewhere else.

Hey Gameboy, I don't know this kid at all. What do you think are his positives and negatives as far as football skills? I'll take your word that other than that terrible lapse in judgement, he is a good kid...I don't think Marv would have drafted him otherwise.

mush69
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I love it, reminds me of some of the old footage I've seen. Whatever happen to the clothesline, the head slap and the occasional take out the knee!

:beers:

All legal moves in my book and he was doing what was asked of him, protecting his QB.

Captain gameboy
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
First, he's very smart.
he interns for Larry Sabato. Anyone who follows politics closely is familiar with Sabato. He's always a guest on national news programs during elections.

On "the play."

This says it all about what kind of kid he is.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/mcfarling/wb/wb/xp-35952

On his skills. He's a three year starter at right tackle in the ACC. That isn't a small accomplishment. UVA is coached by Al Groh, a guy who was not fired, but resigned as the Jets head coach to take the UVA job.
All the UVA players are coached in an NFL type system with huge expectations, and almost no tolerance for poor habits. As a result, I think they are a year or so ahead of a lot of other players on a maturity basis.
Groh always raved about him, but I always thought that was more a living up to expectations thing than an "Oh wow-he's dominant" situation.

Butler is very big, but he is a bit slow. When I was at the games, I always watched Brick, but I watched Butler near the end of the year more and more. Right now, he would have trouble with quick DE's, or reacting to stunts, but I think with his size, he will be a more than adequate run blocker.

I also never got the feeling he was done growing. He could change quite a bit in a year or two.
I know that isn't much. He kind of reminds me of a poor man's John Fina, but I think he will get better in the next two years as he grows into his frame.

Dozerdog
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM

Yeah- all the pregnant wife beating TEs were off the board.... :(

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2006, 07:57 AM
I love it!!! Keep it up Butler!!!!

Captain gameboy
05-02-2006, 09:25 AM
I wonder if there will be any talk of moving him inside as he bulks up.

SkapePhin
05-02-2006, 10:39 AM
All the homicidal RBs must have been off the board as well, eh?

pintonick96
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Jesus, it's football. If you can't take the pain then stay the **** off the field. He hit a weak spot on his opponent. Your taught that in pee wees. Shut up already.

Captain gameboy
05-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Marcus "Handgun/Stompin" Vick is really helping you out here.

Could there have been a bigger slam to your nonsense post other than exhuming the remains of Jeff Dahmer and putting them in a Dolphin uni?

dplus47
05-02-2006, 11:19 PM
All legal moves in my book and he was doing what was asked of him, protecting his QB.

protecting the QB between plays? i'm not about to crucify the guy for this one play, but it looked like that play was over already.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-05-2006, 07:27 AM
I finally was able to see the video... it was a cheap shot. But to call the guy a pos on one play is wrong. what he did was wrong, but you cant judge the guy solely on one play.

RingofFire
06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
I can't believe Marv drafted this piece of ****. :ill:

http://media.putfile.com/CheapShotUVa_Kiwi25

bump

gr8slayer
06-27-2008, 08:53 AM
:bf1: good job Brad. We need more people like that on our team.

Captain gameboy
06-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Three posts in this thread, including the political prediction.

I think I got it right-eh?