PDA

View Full Version : The way the Bills drafted....

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
..says a lot as to how they feel about Lawyer Milloy. Cutting Milloy has plagued me for months.

They really must have felt that a 1st round unproven rookie has a better skill and ability with the Tampa 2 in the Pros.

IMO, they could have held on to Milloy this year and had one less hole to fill. Bunkley seems to that he would have fit the scheme better than McCargo.

Hanging on to your 2nd rounder, there is even a slight chance that Whitner is there anyway. If not, oh well, you have Milloy. If he is, draft him, and cut Milloy after the draft.

At the very least, Buffalo could have gotten an extra pick if they had just traded Lawyer. The Falcons would have been all over it and the competiton from at least 2 other teams might have even given the Bills an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder this season.

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Milloy and Vincent are both old and slow, and definitely can't play the cover 2 together. One of them had to go, and Vincent's smarter and had a smaller cap hit.

Dozerdog
04-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Vincent is also more versatile- can play CB n a pinch

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Milloy didn't do much to impress me the 2 years he was here. I'm not saying he sucked...

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Milloy didn't do much to impress me the 2 years he was here. I'm not saying he sucked...

but you are saying there's a reason NE let him go...

I agree.

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
but you are saying there's a reason NE let him go...

I agree.
Yup.

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Milloy and Vincent are both old and slow, and definitely can't play the cover 2 together. One of them had to go, and Vincent's smarter and had a smaller cap hit.

I'm not debating that. It's how they let him go that bothers me.

It's like having an old leaf blower. You know that it's eventually going to die on you, but chances are you could easily get by another Summer using it. At least until the right price on another comes along.

Instead, you take it to the curb and set it there with worthelss garbage. Before buying a new one, and you do all of this knowing that at least 3 of your neighbors on your block don't even own a leaf blower.

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, the Buffalo News today, they say that McCargo and Tripplet play the exact same position and that McCargo might someday be able to play the nose tackle position. Jauron was quoted as saying that he will definitely be put in in obvious passing situations. Well then, we have traded up in the first round and possibly given up another blue chip guy (although with the way they are drafting, I take nothing for granted) to get a backup DT. :up:

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 03:57 PM

He was definitly better than Coy Wire.

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not debating that. It's how they let him go that bothers me.

It's like having an old leaf blower. You know that it's eventually going to die on you, but chances are you could easily get by another Summer using it. At least until the right price on another comes along.

Instead, you take it to the curb and set it there with worthelss garbage. Before buying a new one, and you do all of this knowing that at least 3 of your neighbors on your block don't even own a leaf blower.
lmao- nice analogy

OpIv37
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Well, the Buffalo News today, they say that McCargo and Tripplet play the exact same position and that McCargo might someday be able to play the nose tackle position. Jauron was quoted as saying that he will definitely be put in in obvious passing situations. Well then, we have traded up in the first round and possibly given up another blue chip guy (although with the way they are drafting, I take nothing for granted) to get a backup DT. :up:

and people say I'm a whiner for being upset with this draft.

If Tripplett and McCargo can't play next to each other, we still haven't solved our biggest defensive problem (and arguably biggest overall problem).

LtBillsFan66
04-30-2006, 04:01 PM
He was definitly better than Coy Wire.
Hence the reason why we drafted 2 safeties.

We need a playmaker back there. Something we lacked for a LONG time. Since Henry Jones.

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Hence the reason why we drafted 2 safeties.

We need a playmaker back there. Something we lacked for a LONG time. Since Henry Jones.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disappointed in the fact that they drafted a Safety. I'm more so questioning the motions in which they went about it.

Honestly, I'm happy with our draft. It's just odd to me as to how they went about getting there.

They definetly addressed specific necessities. McCargo over Bunkley just leaves me shaking my head though. Obviously they felt S was a bigger hole even after some what addressing it in free agency. But hey, that's why they make the big bucks and I sit in the stands and criticize.