PDA

View Full Version : Our new DBs

GarnOFreak
04-30-2006, 03:52 PM
CB...Mcgee
SS...Whitner
FS...Simpson
CB...Youboty

This is assuming we have traded Nate and that Vincent is either retiring soon or is let go for the youth movement we've watched all off-season. Regardles all three of these DBs were expected to go in the mock drafts from mid 1st to late second and we picked them up with a 1, 3, and 4. that's pretty good. The majority of our draftpicks have been young guys, I mean Junior(or in Ko Simpson's case, a sophmore)...I really feel that is for two reasons. One, they will not have as many bad habits and can still be molded into a new scheme easily and secondly that if those same players had waited to come out next year they would be rated higher as almost always happens(The "if he came out a year later he would have been a first rounder for sure" you often hear about a pick) That is good for us since the players we took, even though we reached a bit for them this year, would have possibly gone at higher numbers next year if they waited to come out, now we have them a year early with time to learn from our coaches, rather than spend a year on a college squad learning someone elses' systems. What do you think?

Kerr
04-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Or if Clements gets moved(not sure anymore after the draft), they move vincent back to corner and have whitner and simpson start which is pretty unlikely though.

From the simpson interview he says he feels like has to play with a chip on his shoulder because he thinks he should have drafted ahead of the other safeties.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
What do I think??? I think that sounds like a whole lot of inexperience. 3 years down the road I'd feel a lot better about that starting 4.

RedEyE
04-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I think that Simpson was an absolute steal in the 4th round.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 04:43 PM
I think that Simpson was an absolute steal in the 4th round.
and that's the Only reason Buffalo took him.

The Spaz
04-30-2006, 05:57 PM

They obvoulsly like him too.

Michael82
04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
They obvoulsly like him too.
true. :rofl:

That Guy
04-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Being the best player available is a pretty good reason..

Kerr
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Throw in he has tremendous upside and troy vincent is getting older, i'd say they were ecstatic he was there.

DraftBoy
04-30-2006, 06:23 PM
CB...Mcgee
SS...Whitner
FS...Simpson
CB...Youboty

This is your starting secondary in 2007

Drive 4 Five
04-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a feeling Clements may have played his last game in a Bill's uniform.

John Doe
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
What do I think??? I think that sounds like a whole lot of inexperience. 3 years down the road I'd feel a lot better about that starting 4.

Good point. I don't think that Simpson or Youboty will be starting this season.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I am excited about this new backfield. Every year I see teams get these type of of exciting young hungry players that love to play, and this year I feel like we got three of them in our backfield, give them two or three years and we could have one of the better in the league. The thought of Chad Jackson, or Chris Chambers coming across the middle and Donte Whitner knocking them into next week gets me pumped.

ddaryl
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM

Yes, I agree.

However 1 or 2 of these guys should make some sort of impact this year, and then move into a starting roll in year 2. These guys all have some ST's play in them.

Clements will stay with the Bills this year, and will be re-franchised next year and traded. hopefully NC can increase his worth while playing on a 1 year franchise contract.

Vincent will be here this year as well providing veteran depth, but probably gone next.

Both Vincent and Clements are gone in 2007, so we are going to need DB's.

ublinkwescore
04-30-2006, 10:08 PM

Yeah, but we'll have a Chicago like secondary when they finally do get the system down... you can't tell me that that's not to drool over.

ublinkwescore
04-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I have a feeling Clements may have played his last game in a Bill's uniform.

We should trade him for the best possible guard we can find, and his team's 3rd/4th rounder next year (the 3rd would be a conditional pick).

GarnOFreak
04-30-2006, 10:50 PM
you do have to admire the total increase in team speed though, especially in the offensive and defensive passing games.... It's gonna be fun to watch!

jamze132
05-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Lets hope Vincent doesn't injure any of them in training camp.

Michael82
05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Lets hope Vincent doesn't injure any of them in training camp.
:rofl:

Watch him try to injure Simpson so he can keep his job. :snicker:

:jk:

BillsNick
05-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I like the fact that we got two guys from the same team, which makes for good chemistry.

GarnOFreak
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
ellison the LB we drafted was also from the OSU, so that's 3 from the same team...not counting the alumni(Tim Anderson, Nate Clements...etc)

LifetimeBillsFan
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
ellison the LB we drafted was also from the OSU, so that's 3 from the same team...not counting the alumni(Tim Anderson, Nate Clements...etc)

Ellison is from Oregon St. not Ohio State. But is he ever fast for a LB: 4.58

I saw one scouting report who compared him to Indy's Thornton as a guy who could really come on with a year of experience and working with in the weightroom. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's intriguing....

HAMMER
05-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Why are so many of you in a hurry to get rid of Clements? I can see moving him for another great player or a high draft pick. But I see people looking to trade him for a guard and a 3rd or 4th, wake up.

thebuffalobills4
05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
looks decent,our db's are going to be beats this up coming yr's from now

GarnOFreak
05-02-2006, 01:46 AM
my bad on the OSU thing. For any trade of Clements...see the Clinton Portis-Champ Bailey deal , then come talk to us with offers okay? :xmas: