8. Whitner
70. Youboty
105. Simpson
134. Williams

Bad picks;
24. McCargo
216. Pennington
248. Merz

I have those three as my low picks bc I dont think McCargo was the 3rd best DT in the draft and would of preferred players like Wrotten, Stanley, Lewis over him. As for the last two there were better players available than them when they were picked. Not a bad draft, just need to make better use of all our picks.

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
C overall

Good picks;
8. Whitner
70. Youboty
105. Simpson
134. Williams

Bad picks;
24. McCargo
216. Pennington
248. Merz

I have those three as my low picks bc I dont think McCargo was the 3rd best DT in the draft and would of preferred players like Wrotten, Stanley, Lewis over him. As for the last two there were better players available than them when they were picked. Not a bad draft, just need to make better use of all our picks.
70. Youboty
105. Simpson
134. Williams

Were good picks esp where we got them. Whitner was a reach at #8 unless he is a probowler soon. You and I agreed somewhat on this subject the other day. Huff might be in the mold of Ed Reed. Whitner isn't therefore it was a bad pick...at #8. I disagree with those who say we couldn't have traded down to 11 and still got him, but I digress.

And you are wasting your time arguing on McCargo. Marv says he is great so he is, don't you know that? I mean Marv the great GM can't be wrong...(sarcasm off)

DraftBoy
04-30-2006, 08:29 PM
70. Youboty
105. Simpson
134. Williams

Were good picks esp where we got them. Whitner was a reach at #8 unless he is a probowler soon. You and I agreed somewhat on this subject the other day. Huff might be in the mold of Ed Reed. Whitner isn't therefore it was a bad pick...at #8. I disagree with those who say we couldn't have traded down to 11 and still got him, but I digress.

And you are wasting your time arguing on McCargo. Marv says he is great so he is, don't you know that? I mean Marv the great GM can't be wrong...(sarcasm off)

Whitner was the #2 safety for a reason and the drop off from Huff to he is not as great as you make it out to be, granted he is no Huff but he could be a Bob Sanders which isnt a bad thing. I dont know how you can sit here and criticize those that like the McCargo pick bc Levy likes it, prior to this weekend you believed every word that came out of his mouth was gold. Lay off of them, they can like it, I do not...I hope Im dead wrong.

ICE74129
04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Whitner was the #2 safety for a reason and the drop off from Huff to he is not as great as you make it out to be, granted he is no Huff but he could be a Bob Sanders which isnt a bad thing. I dont know how you can sit here and criticize those that like the McCargo pick bc Levy likes it, prior to this weekend you believed every word that came out of his mouth was gold. Lay off of them, they can like it, I do not...I hope Im dead wrong.

All I did was back his FA moves. Bob Sanders isnt' worth the 8th pick in the draft. Effective but not an Ed Reed or a Roy Williams. Whitner going into this weekend was all over the board rank wise. Some pubs (even the vaunted Billszone mag) said a 3rd round talent and the 4th Safety out there.

Will he work out? He had better and make an impact nearly immediately being the 8th pick. I believe this is a point you have eluded to for 2 weeks.

DraftBoy
04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
All I did was back his FA moves. Bob Sanders isnt' worth the 8th pick in the draft. Effective but not an Ed Reed or a Roy Williams. Whitner going into this weekend was all over the board rank wise. Some pubs (even the vaunted Billszone mag) said a 3rd round talent and the 4th Safety out there.

Will he work out? He had better and make an impact nearly immediately being the 8th pick. I believe this is a point you have eluded to for 2 weeks.

Bob Sanders is a top 5 safety in this league or close to it at his young age. He damn sure is worth a top 10 pick.

Also I never eluded to anybody needing to make an immediate impact although I do think Whitner will.

EDS
05-01-2006, 07:52 AM
I liked the draft but think the Bills could have done better. Whitner and McCargo I think were reaches where they were drafted. Both are good players, but I don't think either warranted such high selections.

If they went Bunkley and Justice with those two picks I think the Bills would be much better off, particularly considering how the rest of the draft unfolded.

Just my 2 cents.

Kenny
05-01-2006, 08:07 AM
If they went Bunkley and Justice with those two picks I think the Bills would be much better off, particularly considering how the rest of the draft unfolded.

Just my 2 cents.

That's what I was thinking all weekend... but after more thought, Im a bit happy that we didnt go after Justice.
I doubt he'd be able to start over Gandy @ LT... meaning, unless we're moving Peters to LT this year, Justice wouldnt be anything mroe than a backup.

Every pick after the first round I'd give a solid B+. Loved both the Youbouty and Simpson picks. Even liking the Williams pick.
(Dont really know enough about the other day2 picks though)

As for McCargo, I give it a solid B+. After we went with safety with #8, we didnt have a choice but to get the best DT available. This (in my opinion) was a necessity pick.

For Whitner... I give it a C-. He's growing on me a bit, but unless he turns out to be the next Ed Reed or hopefully a Troy Polamalu type player, -I would of rather went with Bunkley (I was really high on this player), and then take your chances with getting the best saftey still available (or even trade down again in the first for Whitner).

Michael82
05-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Bob Sanders is a top 5 safety in this league or close to it at his young age. He damn sure is worth a top 10 pick.

Also I never eluded to anybody needing to make an immediate impact although I do think Whitner will.
and Bob Sanders is a Pro Bowler! :up:

northernbillfan
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Too soon to be able to give it ana ccurate grade, but all in all I think the Bills did alright. A goof up in the first two picks, but from there on in, they made up for it.

The Bills filled holes that were in desperate need of filling. For that i give the draft a C

Bill Cody
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Take out the 1st two reaches and we had an A draft. Bunkley was a better value than Whitner- the game is won in the trenches. McCargo would have a nice value in the third not the first- if the Giants wanted to reach that's their call but it wouldn't have mattered if we got Bunkley. The rest of the draft is excellent. But no way we can get better than a B with those first two picks.

Ebenezer
05-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Incomplete...ask again in 3 years.