X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

For All of the Un Happy Fans, Who would you liked to see

I hear a lot of complaining, but not to many "I would have.." Just interested to see your thoughts....
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: For All of the Un Happy Fans, Who would you liked to see

I am fine with our picks

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I am not really upset, but if I were making the picks I would have taken Bunkley and Justice. I don't think Justice would have started this year, at least at tackle (though I might have started him at guard for a year ala Johnathan Ogden and Leonard Davis).

I would have liked McCargo a lot better in the second round. I just worry the Bills may be undersized in the middle. I understand that Chicago and other teams have done well with this approach, but it scares me a little since I am so used to having the huge run pluggers in the middle like Williams, Washington and Adams.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Wasn't it said that the Giants would have taken Mcargo with the 32nd pick? How would we have taken him in the 2nd?

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

I am fine with the people that we selected... but as I've said before, I am not happy with where they were selected.

I would have traded down to the mid twenties in the first round, and picked up another 2nd round pick... I am sure teams were trying to trade up to get Leinhart at 8. We could have gotten our SS at 24-27, then I would have used our first 2nd rounder to pick up a DT, then with our 2nd 2nd, I would have gone OT/G.

There were a lot of good linemen on the boards at the end of the 2nd round... we could have gotten an extra one.

On top of all of that... we wouldnt be paying a SS #8 money, but rather #24 money.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I heard Miami was very interested in Whitner and they did draft a DB so I am not sure that he would of lasted past Miami at 16. However, since Philly and Denver had offers on the table I do believe that could of traded down with Philly and still landed him since teams had to think we were going to get Bunkley and would not of feared Buffalo going after Whitner.
            since the Bills did not address the DT position with the first pick it was imperitive they went DT with the second pick. Since the G-men planned on taking him a 32 Buffalo made good on moving up to get him. I don't care if he went a few picks earlier than he was expected because of the huge dropofff after him. DT is the Bills weakest position. Also, I get sick of hearing experts say one team had Mcgargo as a 3rd or fourth rounder. Who cares? Who says that other team was right? The G-men thought enough of him to draft him in round one and he would not of made it to our second round slot.
            As much as I would of loved Bunkley and Justice as 1st and 2nd rund picks. I can't help but remember how Marv said they want high character guys. Bunkley and Justice have question marks on them in regards to character. Ngata was questionable at fitting the system. McCargo fits the system and is a high character guy. Now time will tell if he was worth the trade up.

Comment

• BigGabes23
              • Mar 2006

There is just NO way guys with character issues are going to be on this team... I think we didn't trade down because we feared that Whitner was going to go #9 to Detroit.

Comment

Working...
              X