NFL Draft Grades: Who Aced It? Who Blew It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

NFL Draft Grades: Who Aced It? Who Blew It?

Buffalo Bills

Many will call the Bills' selections of Donte Whitner and John McCargo in the first round reaches. Whitner, a safety from Ohio State, was projected by most to go later in the round. However, in discussions with scouts in the weeks preceding the draft, Whitner was highlighted as "skyrocketing up the board." McCargo is another player who capitalized with a late rise. Both players are good fits for the attacking defensive scheme preferred by new coach Dick Jauron and defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. The Bills added falling star cornerback Ashton Youboty in the third. The Bills added several more underrated players at positions of great value during Day 2. Certainly, free safety Ko Simpson and defensive tackle Kyle Williams in the fourth and fifth rounds qualify. A draft that will be questioned by many, but expect the Bills to have the last laugh.

"I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL Draft Grades: Who Aced It? Who Blew It?

That makes no sense. They give us a D, but say only good things about our draft.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

my thoughts exactly!!
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
        That makes no sense. They give us a D, but say only good things about our draft.

Yea, I know... Whatever.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

People grade drafts based on the talent they drafted and not based on how to build a team. They can't because they don't know how to build a team or they'd be coaching a team. That's media and fans.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Look the reason for the D and negative comments by the so called experts wasn't only for who we took when, but for the talent that was there at the time of the pick! I would have perfered Bunkley at 8 over McCargo at 26. If you look at WillisMcnasty21 draft we could have had, we addressed the same needs along with a couple better OL. ie. Justice, Giles, along with Youboty, Bing and Simpson.

Again all of our picks most likely will pan out. I just think the experts were surprized at what we did when!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Static
              The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
              • Jul 2005

Unless you draft someone that they have been hyping up the past couple of months they don't give you a good grade

Comment

• Jersey1031
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
                Unless you draft someone that they have been hyping up the past couple of months they don't give you a good grade

Exactly...

Comment

Working...
                X