PDA

View Full Version : AFC East

jdbillsfan
05-01-2006, 09:09 AM
NY Jets: Everyone seems to love their draft, but to me, all they really did was address a couple spots on the O-Line. Brick is good, but I don't seem him as an elite LT, like Pace, Ogden etc. Other than those two first round picks, I am not really impressed. Kellen Clemens and Leon Washington may be decent backups someday. Other than that, nothing special.

Miami: Jason Allen has a iffy hip. Hagan is ok, but dropped a lot at the Sr. bowl and Rod Wrigt was a good late pickup. Only had 6 picks. Not really much to say about their draft.

Pats: Started off good with two good players. I like Chad Jackson. Not sure how much of a need RB is with Dillon. Then two straight TE's and then a kicker. They seemed to get some depth I guess with those picks, but I don't see starters with Watson there. Maybe the kicker will start? Some good late round pickups.

Bills: I am definitely biased, but I think the Bills have picked up 4 or 5 potential starters in their first 4 or 5 picks. Filled the most holes and reallly upgraded and updated our secondary. May need another corner down the road, but Safety should be set. Also picked up a couple Quality DT's.

Not sure about some of the later picks, but those guys rarely seem to make the team.

Overall, I don't see how the Jets are getting so much credit and the Bills get so much negativity. Right off the bat, it seems like the Jets picked up two starting OL and the Bills picked up 4 or 5 defensive starters.

Of course its hard to predict once they put the pads on, but just from what we have to go on now, I like the Bills draft the best in the AFCE. Usually, I can't say that.