X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Please do not discuss playoffs!!

Okay, I think I might have overreacted to our draft. I apologize to anybody that I called out over it.

I am frustrated only from the standpoint that the Eagles, with their first 2 picks, really made a huge impact on their team. I think the Bills could have done the same. I understand the high motor, high character thing, but let's not forget that one of our greatest drafted players ever was fat and somewhat lazy coming out of school...that's right Bruce Smith. I think you have to draft an athlete first. Peters is a Bill because of his athletcism, not his wonderlik.

I think our draft was okay. I think Levy looked like a rookie by grabbing 2 players on reaches in the first round. He was guilty of being in love with the players and not being flexible. Detroit makes this same mistake every year and look how bad they are under Millen.

Bottom line is if I hear "playoffs" and "Bills" in the same sentence based on where we are today you will receive my full verbal beating. Unless Clements get's traded for 2 impact DL's or OL's we are looking at 4-12 or 6-10. if Jauron gets us to .500 than I would give him a bonus. Let's keep it real.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Please do not discuss playoffs!!

I don't care if the players we drafted were all reaches if they made our team better because those players fit into the system we have.

TD would've taken Linert (BPA) and told Fairchild to make him throw deep all the time. Not gonna work.

Like I said, we were dumbfounded when a back up named Sage torched our secondary to overcome a 4th qtr. 21 pt lead. Marv addresses that because we have Coy Wire, and aging Vincent and an undrafted RFA Baker and yet some people complain about reaching?

Some people will never be happy.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

Agreed justa

So many people complained when milloy was let go. Saying we have crap at the S postion. Then we sign Bowen which is nothingmore then a glorified coy wire. Vincent is getting older by the minute. So what do the bills do they draft a safety that can produce.

But because he is not a big name alot of people get thier panties all in a bunch. Just because your a big name does not mean your gonna produce in the NFL. I don't hate the draft nor do i love it. To be honest i'll make my desicion when these players start playing.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

u guys are talking about different things

hh admitted he overreacted (does this mean you officially join the church of the immaculate marv?) but doesnt think the draft will put us in the playoffs

i agree. for the bills to make the playoffs they'll need a lot of things to go right, starting with the ol fa's and 2nd yr players playing better than they ever have before. plus we'll need one of the qbs to play well - and if the line isnt dramatically better that qb will have to be losman because the other two will get killed. and of course spikes has to come back at least 90% of what he was. and evans needs to prove he can catch 75 balls and be a #1. and somebody needs to emerge as a consistent #2 wr threat

and ... and ... and ...

not impossible but honestly doesnt look likely right now. lets just hope the schedule ends up being as easy as it looks on paper - which isnt usually the case

still i'll be right there praying that The Marv leads us out of the playoff desert and receives the Torah of the postseason at Mount Sinai

ohm
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
          u guys are talking about different things
          not really, we aren't gonna make playoffs with the 2ndary that Sage torched.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

right but youre talking about making the right picks and he was talking about winning now

they are the right picks but they wont be a big help to winning now
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
              right but youre talking about making the right picks and he was talking about winning now

they are the right picks but they wont be a big help to winning now
              Thank you. That was my point. I am okay with the draft but I also understand that we will not make the playoffs unless Clements get's traded.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Thank you. That was my point. I am okay with the draft but I also understand that we will not make the playoffs unless Clements get's traded.
                Why do we make the playoffs if Clements is gone? Clarification please.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Why do we make the playoffs if Clements is gone? Clarification please.
                  Yeah, let me do better. I'm saying that right now we still don't have enough talent to make the playoffs. I'm just if we got something spectacular out of trade with Clements( and maybe another player) than maybe we could get over the hump and squuze in. It would need to be 2 impact players.

Granted it would be a long shot but we are still lacking depth of talent.

Comment

• Patti120
                    • Aug 2004

Screw playoffs, I'm thinking the superbowl

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

The draft was hugely successful.

It is entirely possible for this team to make the playoffs.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
                        The draft was hugely successful.

It is entirely possible for this team to make the playoffs.

, pass it along.

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Like I said, we were dumbfounded when a back up named Sage torched our secondary to overcome a 4th qtr. 21 pt lead. Marv addresses that because we have Coy Wire, and aging Vincent and an undrafted RFA Baker and yet some people complain about reaching?

Some people will never be happy.
                          Nobody could forget that secondary collapse.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Bottom line is if I hear "playoffs" and "Bills" in the same sentence based on where we are today you will receive my full verbal beating. Unless Clements get's traded for 2 impact DL's or OL's we are looking at 4-12 or 6-10. if Jauron gets us to .500 than I would give him a bonus. Let's keep it real.
                            I think the BILLS have a better chance at PLAYOFFS this year with current front office and coaching staff and players they cast off (Adams, Laywer, etc) then they did last year.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                              I think the BILLS have a better chance at PLAYOFFS this year with current front office and coaching staff and players they cast off (Adams, Laywer, etc) then they did last year.

I agree. I never expected us to turn this thing around in 1 year,

We are going to get better with this draft IMO. It will probably take another draft or 2, plus one of our QB's has to step it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X