PDA

View Full Version : Caps....

Valerie
02-10-2003, 08:49 AM
They're in first place in their division!! WooHoo!!!:clap: 26 wins and 21 losses. Of course they lost to Montreal the other night, but I guess they're still hanging in there.

I have a question, is the new coach a Canadian? He talks funny. He's a really young looking guy. Does anyone know anything about this guy? Thanks in advance.:)

don137
02-10-2003, 10:17 AM
You implying canadians talk funny, eh? :)

Valerie
02-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Well, he does have a bit of an accent going on. lol Hey, I've been told I talk funny too. Long Islanders have an accent too. The only difference is we talk normal. ;)

I'm taking it you don't know anything about the Caps coach, huh, Don?

don137
02-10-2003, 11:28 AM
I did a little research for you on Cassidy and found out he was chosen by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round in 1983 (18th overall) of the NHL Entry Draft. Cassidy, an offensive-minded defenseman, was selected from the Ottawa 67s junior club of the Ontario Hockey League. A severe knee injury suffered as a teenager curtailed his career and another knee injury a decade later essentially ended his playing career. He played 36 games in the league spread out over parts of six seasons. His pro career spanned 14 seasons, several leagues and four countries.
Since he played juniors in Canada there is a very good chance he is Canadian.
Does he replace Toby now? ;)

Valerie
02-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Don!:peck: Uh, no one replaces Toby, except Doug. Or maybe Toby has replaced Doug. ;)

Gosh, from the information you got, he sounds a lot older than he looks. They were interviewing him last night and it was the first time I really got a good look at him. He looks really young. I guess the players are happy with him. I think he's doing a pretty good job. But, he still talks funny. lol

Thanks again, I really appreciate you going through the effort of finding out about him for me. :hi5:

Sabre Ally
02-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Here J, this is the spot to look for any kind of hockey info. BTW, he was born in Ottawa.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=857

BironsGirl43
02-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Cassidy is the best looking coach in the league....

Anyways.. BOOOOOOOO CAPS BOOOOOOOOOOO

Earthquake Enyart
02-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43
Cassidy is the best looking coach in the league....

In a crowd that includes the Sutter brothers, Pat Quinn, Ftorek, and Ruff, that isn't saying much. Kinda like being the tallest dwarf.

BironsGirl43
02-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

In a crowd that includes the Sutter brothers, Pat Quinn, Ftorek, and Ruff, that isn't saying much. Kinda like being the tallest dwarf.

Don't forget Nashville's Barry Trotz :snicker2:

Oh and Montreal's new coach is scary... most coaches are nasty and old and ugly.... blah...

At least the Capitals have a guy who is relatively young and decent looking..

I don't care too much for coaches though.. just wanted to mention that the Caps man isn't too shabby

Earthquake Enyart
02-10-2003, 12:27 PM
That new Detroit guy isn't Mr. GQ either.

don137
02-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Thanks, Don!:peck: Uh, no one replaces Toby, except Doug. Or maybe Toby has replaced Doug. ;)

Gosh, from the information you got, he sounds a lot older than he looks. They were interviewing him last night and it was the first time I really got a good look at him. He looks really young. I guess the players are happy with him. I think he's doing a pretty good job. But, he still talks funny. lol

Thanks again, I really appreciate you going through the effort of finding out about him for me. :hi5:

My pleasure J7. Anything for a fellow Toby Keith fan, except I don't see him in the same way you do.:D

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

:lol: :rofl:

Valerie
02-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally Here J, this is the spot to look for any kind of hockey info. BTW, he was born in Ottawa.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=857
Thanks, Ally! :hi5:

Originally posted by BironsGirl43 Cassidy is the best looking coach in the league....

Anyways.. BOOOOOOOO CAPS BOOOOOOOOOOO
That's what I thought too, BironsGirl. He's a pretty good looking guy. Although, I really don't have anyone ot compare him too since I have no idea what any of the other coaches look like. lol

And, don't be booing the Caps. :tongue: I'll start booing your Sabres. ;)

clumping platelets
02-10-2003, 02:23 PM
I'll start booing your Sabres

What's wrong with that? They deserve it!