PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Neil Masters

northernbillfan
05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
GM Marv Levy continued his “Old School” makeover of the Buffalo Bills in the NFL draft this weekend with some unexpected moves. His selections shocked the draft “gurus” and left many Bills fans, accustomed to the high-profile, “value system” approach to drafting that has been in vogue around the NFL in recent years. Many were screaming and gnashing their teeth, wondering if Levy really is as senile and out of touch as some in the media have dismissively portrayed him.

As I See It (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/05/01/as_i_see_it_buffalo_bills_go_aold_schoola_with_surprising_draft.php)

casdhf
05-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Good read .... "dude" loves his quotes though.

ct bills fan
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Solid article, betetr than you'll see in a lot of national newspapers.

mysticsoto
05-01-2006, 08:54 PM
LTBF, I'm glad you've joined this site. Your articles are always very enlightening and you take your time to explain things out very well. Good job as always!

patmoran2006
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Neil's a real good writer..

northernbillfan
05-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Neil's a real good writer..
He's one of the better writers I've had the pleasure to work with over the past couple years.

elltrain22
05-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Great read!!!

Drive 4 Five
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Excellent read Neil. Maybe, just maybe, it will help to calm some of
these _____ down.

G. Host
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
:clap:

G. Host
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
GM Marv Levy continued his “Old School” makeover of the Buffalo Bills in the NFL draft this weekend with some unexpected moves. His selections shocked the draft “gurus” and left many Bills fans, accustomed to the high-profile, “value system” approach to drafting that has been in vogue around the NFL in recent years. Many were screaming and gnashing their teeth, wondering if Levy really is as senile and out of touch as some in the media have dismissively portrayed him.

As I See It (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/05/01/as_i_see_it_buffalo_bills_go_aold_schoola_with_surprising_draft.php)

Great article. I printed it out and lots of football fans at work (none of them Bills) said "Yeah now it makes sense" and "ESPN reallly has lost it."

LifetimeBillsFan
05-03-2006, 01:35 AM
I just want to thank everyone who has posted for their very kind comments. :blush:

As much as I truly do appreciate the praise, I would also really appreciate it if anyone who disagrees with what I have written would post their thoughts or criticisms as well. Not only would I like to hear your thoughts and get your viewpoint, I believe that it would help me to be able to write better articles for the Zone in the future.

So, please, if you didn't like this article or any article that I write for the Zone, let me know what you disagreed with and why so that I can take your viewpoint into consideration on that subject in the future. Thanks!

TigerJ
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
I have to admit I didn't make the effort to read through the whole thing, but it has an excellent discussion of safeties in the cover 2 versus other defenses, and a real good explanation of why Buffalo did what they did in round 1.

CaliFan
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Excellent article. Well thought out and I think is dead on. It changed my mind about how good Marv really did on draft day.